Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Venom
Serious playground baller

Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool
Default Lagging Bicep

(I know this isn't a basketball-related question.)

My right arm is .75" larger than my left, even though I've added a day of just working on my left arm to my regime. No matter what I've tried, my left arm stays smaller than right, even though they both grow accordingly. The only reason I mind is because I feel that my left arm is significantly weaker than my right (I can do 2-3 more reps with my right arm). Any advice?
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lagging Bicep

Your right arm is just more coordinated than your left so any workout you do your right arm is going to get the better workout. It's the same with me. I don't know if the difference is that much, but my right arm is bigger than my left. It's not noticeable tho and yours isn't either I'm sure.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

Well there's really nothing you can unless you start using your left arms the same way you use your right arm in regular life situations. Everyone has a one arm lil stronger and bigger than the other but no one will really notice it by looking at it.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

I would say first off start doing all exercises, not just bicept, with dumbells and not barbells so both arms are always working equally. When doing bench, or military press just use dumbells. Also add in a lot of bodyweight exercises like push ups and pull ups. Those type of things will help you build up strenght in both arms.

You could also try seing a chiropractor. They could take a look at you and see why this is going on and they might be able to give you some adjustments or some exercises to do to help fix it.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
I would say first off start doing all exercises, not just bicept, with dumbells and not barbells so both arms are always working equally. When doing bench, or military press just use dumbells. Also add in a lot of bodyweight exercises like push ups and pull ups. Those type of things will help you build up strenght in both arms.

You could also try seing a chiropractor. They could take a look at you and see why this is going on and they might be able to give you some adjustments or some exercises to do to help fix it.

You do know that those exercises don't focus on arm strength and are primarily exercises for the strengthening of the upper back and the chest right? Although you do work your arms it doesn't have much of a 'size changing effect'. At least from an experience standpoint.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: