Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default 2011 draft

Since were all but done as far as playoffs go we can now start discussing draft possibilities. We have our lottery pick along with the Hornets which should fall between the 16-20 range. I think our backcourt will be alright next year as Henderson has shown a little promise and I expect DJ to be strong next year after getting his first full year of starting and playing pretty well for stretches. Jackson of course is a stud when healthy at SF. Diaw HAS to go or be traded next year. 24 minutes tonight 0 shots attempted. That is absolutely insane and can't be tolerated. He is an expiring contract next year thank God. At center Brown is "ok" but we could definately improve there. We need a big man, badly. Thomas is a great athlete, but just an OK basketball player. Since we should have a good amount.of cap room im hoping we can sign a half decent FA and actually have a good draft. I think next year will be a great year.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2011 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Since were all but done as far as playoffs go we can now start discussing draft possibilities. We have our lottery pick along with the Hornets which should fall between the 16-20 range. I think our backcourt will be alright next year as Henderson has shown a little promise and I expect DJ to be strong next year after getting his first full year of starting and playing pretty well for stretches. Jackson of course is a stud when healthy at SF. Diaw HAS to go or be traded next year. 24 minutes tonight 0 shots attempted. That is absolutely insane and can't be tolerated. He is an expiring contract next year thank God. At center Brown is "ok" but we could definately improve there. We need a big man, badly. Thomas is a great athlete, but just an OK basketball player. Since we should have a good amount.of cap room im hoping we can sign a half decent FA and actually have a good draft. I think next year will be a great year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store. I just hope MJ doesn't screw it up.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

There's actually a slight chance NOLA can fall out of the playoffs and we get two lottery picks...or is that pick protected?

Edit: Nevermind, I can't see this FO actually using two first round picks. You know we're either going to trade one, or trade both and move up. I'd choose the latter.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

I believe the NOLA pick is top 7 protected if im not mistaken. With our luck they miss the playoffs and somehow luck up with a top 3 pick._
Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store. I just hope MJ doesn't screw it up.

I'm hearing and reading he likes Jimmer
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

lolz. Adam Morrison version 2.0.

We need a big...we should probably trade up both picks and go for Sullinger. Hell, maybe we keep both picks and use one on Tyler Zeller. That would make the Heels family happy.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Id rather have Henson than any big in the draft. Put 30 pounds on him and he could be a force.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: