Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #106
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Re: THE FINAL FOUR: National Semifinals and THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, April 2nd & 4th

The game me want to throw up, for more than one reason.
ukfan22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #107
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: THE FINAL FOUR: National Semifinals and THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, April 2nd & 4th

Was just a terrible game to watch..
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #108
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Man, that was awful. Butler could have shot everything lefthanded and done about as well.

Good defense on both sides, though the shooting was horrendous on both as well. Question Butler going to the zone. It looked like the game was slipping away, but I still like to stay with what brung me. But I've got to yield to Stevens knowledge of basketball and his team. His defensive gameplan to open the game was brilliant.

Kudos to UConn. Ugly or not, it's a title. Even more impressive to me is the streak of what...22,23...consecutive elimination games won. That's a degree of mental toughness that's impossible to coach. You just hope the kids you recruit grow into it.

Last edited by JMT : 04-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #109
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

I'm happy for uconn but this was one of the worst NCAAB seasons in a while. No talent what so ever and that's why we had all these lower seeds moving up in the tournament
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #110
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
I'm happy for uconn but this was one of the worst NCAAB seasons in a while. No talent what so ever and that's why we had all these lower seeds moving up in the tournament

I don't think this is true.
It's a very very very underrated season in my opinion, i enjoyed a lot.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #111
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?

I think there was decent talent throughout NCAA hoops this year. Bigghest problem, imo, is that the media and most fans knew three guys: Kemba, Kyrie and Jimmer.

Derrick Williams of Arizona was clearly the best, most NBA-ready player in the college game this season, and nobody said a word about him. He wasn't in POY dfiscussions, and there weren't any threads here or elsewhere talking about his ability. A truly great season.

Kenneth Faried/Morehead St is probably next on the list. A generational rebounder who, even AFTER the tourney, nobody says much about. Those who pay attention to such things had him pegged as a 'Rodman waiting for a place to happen' a long time ago.

Jones/Baylor and Burks/Colorado are really good players with NBA skill sets.

Nolan Smith was on DUKE for chrissakes and people couldn't get past the trendy names.

Not to dismiss the guys mentioned earlier. Walker and Fredette were great college players. I don't think either of them will be great pros. The jury is out on Irving in my book. Barely played, but had impressive games when hoops fans were hungry to watch some ball. He really needs another year in college.

Unfortunately, more people derive their opinions about players from :18 second highlights than ever before. The talent was there. You just can't rely on sportswriters, who are trying to make their jobs as easy as possible, to point it out.

As for lower seeds advancing? What's the problem? The more competitive the teams, the more likely "upsets" will happen. I hate the term "upsets". They're only "upsets" if you believe the seeds are accurate, and it's long been proven that they're not.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: