Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #16
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So basically New York is a poor mans Miami

PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:00 AM   #17
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

If New York can get a center and a new coach, they'll be fine.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #18
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

LOL at some Knick fans who still believe Amare and Melo are as good as LeBron and Wade. Amare and Melo are all-star caliber players but they're not legit superstars. Fans of Carmelo always try to find a way to put Carmelo in the same sentence as LeBron but seriously it needs to stop.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #19
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
In the sense of bringing superstars without giving it much thought about team depth, chemistry, players pros and cons etc...

Only they united inferior caliber stars and destroyed all of their their future talent which was ALREADY paying for them. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't get why people are acting like the sky is falling in NY. Yes the Knicks have looked worse than expected this year, but if your building the team now wouldn't you rather see all the holes on the team now (on a season you weren't going to win a title anyway) so you can start filling them out now instead of them coming to light in the future? Here's a few responses about this situation I had a few days back when speaking with Knicks fans, they fit this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
If you know you are not winning a title this year, your make this deal. Being a few games better in the regular season and/or losing in the 2nd round instead of the 1st is not worth the chance to have this core going forward.

The core now ranks in he top echelon in the league, and when combined with the market makes them possibly the most desirable team for a star whose looking to leave his team. Its weird that you Knicks fans had patience for 2 years in Walsh's vision, and now that the its coming together a little slower than expected you guys are complaining. I don't get you guys.

Quote:
I have 3 Questions for all those who criticize the Knicks handling of the Melo situation.

1) Were the Knicks, (28-26 prior to the trade) going to win a title this year if they hadn't made a trade?
2) If the Knicks had not made the deal for Melo and Billups, and Melo subsequently signed somewhere else, would the team as constructed have had a better chance to win a title in the coming years than the team as it is now?
3) Would you really risk an amount up to $20 mil dollars in the next 4 years by not signing a contract this year under the current CBA?

For me it goes
1) No
2) No
3) Hell no
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #20
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Thats what you get for signing two superstars who play ZERO defense.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #21
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eh, if I were a Knick fan i'd be quite happy having Stoudamire and Melo. They've got more potential in that team then they've had in a decade. And unlike when Thomas was in charge, they've still got some money and draft picks in which they can use to improve their team.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #22
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

More like a broke man's Miami
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #23
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

There's potential. Billups is out after next season, so perhaps CP3 will come.

Of course it would have been nice if they kept their initial core of Felton, Gallo, Amare, Fields, Mozgov, and Chandler. Simply let their players with expiring contracts go at the end of the season and worked out a sign and trade with Denver during the offseason for Melo. They are missing role players.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't get why people are acting like the sky is falling in NY. Yes the Knicks have looked worse than expected this year, but if your building the team now wouldn't you rather see all the holes on the team now (on a season you weren't going to win a title anyway) so you can start filling them out now instead of them coming to light in the future? Here's a few responses about this situation I had a few days back when speaking with Knicks fans, they fit this thread.

I have 3 Questions for all those who criticize the Knicks handling of the Melo situation.

1) Were the Knicks, (28-26 prior to the trade) going to win a title this year if they hadn't made a trade?
2) If the Knicks had not made the deal for Melo and Billups, and Melo subsequently signed somewhere else, would the team as constructed have had a better chance to win a title in the coming years than the team as it is now?
3) Would you really risk an amount up to $20 mil dollars in the next 4 years by not signing a contract this year under the current CBA?

For me it goes
1) No
2) No
3) Hell no

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I think it's:

1) No
2) Yes
3) Hell no

The whole excitement over Melo was that the Knicks might be able to get him for a small price. And when you can get a player of that quality at a discount price then that is something to get excited about. But what happened was a more or less equal value trade and that simply was not in the best interest of the Knicks.

The situation they are left with after the trade is:
-A team that is equal quality to the previous one
-No realistic hope for improving in the near future
-Two high earning, mid career and borderline untradeable assets that don't complement each other.

Where the Knicks were before the trade wasn't going to get them any titles without changes either, but with that squad the outcome was to be determent. No one knows where that would have/could have ended. There was hope.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Give it time. This forum is so knee-jerky... I'm telling you, this team will be good and with some improvements this summer (back up PG and center), this team will be a top 4 team out east...

Melo has never had a big man as good as Amar'e with him and Amar'e has never had a wing as good as Melo... they need time to learn to play with each other and they need a better team around them.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #26
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

more like a home less man's miami.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #27
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

I don't see the comparison in any sense. Miami's going to win 60 games. NY's win % on the other hand w/ 'Melo would translate to 30 wins in a full season.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
I don't see the comparison in any sense. Miami's going to win 60 games. NY's win % on the other hand w/ 'Melo would translate to 30 wins in a full season.
If you are going to judge by the start the Heat were 9-8.
So it means they would win 43 games this season.

And they had months to prepare.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #29
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
If you are going to judge by the start the Heat were 9-8.
So it means they would win 43 games this season.

And they had months to prepare.
Still mad I see.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
Still mad I see.
Still insecure I see
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: