Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #16
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Raptors Open To Dealing Bargnani

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
I'll go Bokes' style...
Please, answer to this, do you think that Ed Davis and Derozan is a good core?

I for one don`t think so.
But I`m hoping our draft pick this year, plus next year`s pick (likely top 3), in addition to davis and derozan will make a good core.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'll go Bokes' style...
Please, answer to this, do you think that Ed Davis and Derozan is a good core?

It's not a complete core. We're still rebuilding, but they have a lot of potential to be very good.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Don't know what exactly that means. I guess it's my style to ask questions? Anyways, my answer to this would be that they could be parts of a good core but they aren't main pieces right now. A top 5 draft pick and hopefully some good trades will help with that.

Edit: see what I did there? I answered it rather than going FC style and not answering, then complaining about it being asked in the first place.

I would't say that Derozan or Ed Davis will be part of a good core. They can be average starters... and we need more time to evaluate Davis... but a good young core is something like Westbrook/Durant/Perkins or Gordon/Griffin/Kaman... of course Rose/Boozer/Noah... just the first I thought of... clearly Derozan or Davis don't belong there.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I would't say that Derozan or Ed Davis will be part of a good core. They can be average starters... and we need more time to evaluate Davis... but a good young core is something like Westbrook/Durant/Perkins or Gordon/Griffin/Kaman... of course Rose/Boozer/Noah... just the first I thought of... clearly Derozan or Davis don't belong there.
We don't really know what we have in either of those guys yet (especially Ed Davis), and as was said by me (and the other people who responded to you) we have a top 5 draft pick to work with as well. So our core is not complete yet. The people you mentioned aren't rookie/sophomore players.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #20
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

We'll probably have a top 5 pick this year and next year too. Hopefully between those and Davis and DeRozan we will have at least two who will develop pieces in a good three-man core. Can't be sure, of course, but I would think that Davis and DeRozan will probably pan out as solid starters but may just become something better- very unlikely either ever becomes a good number 1 option. Nobody else on the Raptors has the potential to be any more than a fringe player on a good team.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #21
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Kaman's washed up. Deandre Jordan is more important to the future of the Clippers. Plus, if you watched the Clipper game, you'd see that Ed Davis held his own again against Griffin.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef

Kaman's washed up. Deandre Jordan is more important to the future of the Clippers. Plus, if you watched the Clipper game, you'd see that Ed Davis held his own again against Griffin.
Yeah, that too. Clippers don't really have a solid "core" group yet. They obviously have a great NBA talent in Griffin (one whom they acquired with the top pick in the draft, which if we're lucky enough we might get some strong impact guy with a top 4 pick), and then they have some starter quality material, but not people to build around. They still need to find the right group to put around Griffin.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #23
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Yeah, that too. Clippers don't really have a solid "core" group yet. They obviously have a great NBA talent in Griffin (one whom they acquired with the top pick in the draft, which if we're lucky enough we might get some strong impact guy with a top 4 pick), and then they have some starter quality material, but not people to build around. They still need to find the right group to put around Griffin.

If Aminu doesn't turn out to be a bust, then Gordon,Aminu, Griffin, Jordan is very solid. They really need a point guard and depth though.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #24
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

At this point I'd say the Clippers only have Gordon and Griffin as a part of their long term core. If Blake Griffin didn't try and dunk anything they would be completely irrelevant and would be known as the Clippers of old. But now that they have Blake everything changes even though they aren't even going to be close to making the playoffs in the west, and it looks like they aren't even going to be close for a long time with the teams that the west have.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 AM   #25
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

I really hope this is true, watching the raptors board bitching and turning on Demar when we'll lose next year will be fun. Then, when Demar leaves in a couple of years, Ed is next
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #26
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

If we are so lucky to get a franchise player in the draft we are fine as we are. Unless that player is a PF or an offensive center. Only in that case we'd have to trade Bargnani.
If we don't get that franchise player, Derozan and Davis don't form a core. Only this forum can think that two players that, being rather optimistic, will be average starters, will form a core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef

I don't get it. Davis is struggling to get minutes in the Raptors and Griffin will be ROY... are you comparing Davis to Griffin?
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

^^ He's not talking about Ed Davis vs. Blake Griffin as a player. He's talking about how he matched up against him when the Clippers played us a few days ago and said he held his own against Griffin which he did. 21/11/3/1 and he also managed 8 trips to the line.

As for what you're saying about the draft, with a 4 pick we might not get a "franchise" player. We will indeed get someone who is probably very solid, and starter material, but not a guy that we can give max money to and say here, carry us to a championship. Chances are, as Keontona said, that we could find ourselves right back in a draft position next year no matter who we get this year.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #28
Reef
College star

Quote:
If we are so lucky to get a franchise player in the draft we are fine as we are. Unless that player is a PF or an offensive center. Only in that case we'd have to trade Bargnani.
If we don't get that franchise player, Derozan and Davis don't form a core. Only this forum can think that two players that, being rather optimistic, will be average starters, will form a core.

I don't get it. Davis is struggling to get minutes in the Raptors and Griffin will be ROY... are you comparing Davis to Griffin?

Read Bokes' explanation. Davis showed what he's capable of against the best.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #29
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Trade him for an early first round pick, either this or next year, and I'll be happy.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #30
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Trade him for an early first round pick, either this or next year, and I'll be happy.

I wanted a trade for an expiring contract and a high 1st before the trade deadline. It would have been perfect for us.

Bargnani to the Kings for Dalembert's expirer and a 1st round pick (Approx 4th)

Bargnani to the Pistons for Prince's expirer and a 1st round pick (Approx 7th)

Bargnani to the Cavs for Antawn Jamison (1 year remaining) and a 1st round pick (1st Overall)

etc..

A man can dream. More cap room and 2 top 5-10 1st round picks.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: