Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors Open To Dealing Bargnani

^^ I feel like one of those trades could've been pulled off (probably not the Cavs one though, but maybe for a 2012 first rounder). Because i'm sure there's some team out there that would be willing to give up a pick for him, just like what happened with Beasley last summer, or Camby awhile back. I feel as though BC didn't even really try to do that, and now if we do end up trading him in the summer it'll be for a far lesser value. On the other hand, I guess it could also end up being a case of addition by subtraction.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #32
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Bargnani to the Kings for Dalembert's expirer and a 1st round pick (Approx 4th)

Bargnani to the Pistons for Prince's expirer and a 1st round pick (Approx 7th)

Bargnani to the Cavs for Antawn Jamison (1 year remaining) and a 1st round pick (1st Overall)
I don't know if these deals are plausible.

I definitely don't see a team giving up a top 5 pick for Bargnani. The other issue is that they would taking him on at for the next 4 years at an average of $10+ million (since all of these involve a much shorter contract going to Toronto). I don't see how any bad team can justify that unless their GM really likes Bargnani.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

I definitely don't see a team giving up a top 5 pick for Bargnani. The other issue is that they would taking him on at for the next 4 years at an average of $10+ million (since all of these involve a much shorter contract going to Toronto). I don't see how any bad team can justify that unless their GM really likes Bargnani.
Maybe not for a 2011 first rounder, but i'm sure one of those teams would do it for a 2012 first rounder.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #34
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

this. kings about to relocate, the last thing they will do is pick up a big contract on the NBA's dollar

pistons have openly said the same about their financial situation
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 AM   #35
bokes15
Playoffs!

I remember when Bosh left/got traded, I remember saying I was very happy for this because now it's gonna be a put up or shut up year for Bargnani. And now he has proved to BC, Triano, and all the fans that he wasn't worth his contract and isn't anything close to being a franchise player.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-an...ading-bargnani

Quote:
Despite Toronto losing Chris Bosh and making little progress this season, team president Bryan Colangelo is returning to run the team, according the several league sources. That could be good news for D'Antoni, whose offense has been a bad fit for Anthony.

D'Antoni, who worked under Colangelo in Phoenix, might be out of a job if Walsh leaves the Knicks at season's end. For now, the Raptors plan to bring back coach Jay Triano, despite their awful season. But if D'Antoni becomes available, Triano could be jettisoned. Whether it's D'Antoni or Triano, the Raptors want to build around rookie big-man Ed Davis and second-year guard DeMar DeRozan. They're said to be open to moving Andrea Bargnani, who has been anything but an impact player since entering the league in 2007 as the No. 1 overall pick.

HoopsVibe’s Very Quick Call: It would appear Toronto Raptors’ GM Bryan Colangelo is finally ‘being somewhat real’ about Andrea Bargnani.

Bargnani is a nice offensive player, with a skill-set that can create mismatches. That’s it, though.

Bargnani is not the next Dirk Nowitzki. Bargnani is not an All-Star. Bargnani is not, and never will be, a competent rebounder or defender. And Bargnani was not worth the first overall pick in the 2006 draft.

Face it: Colangelo’s experiment has failed. Miserably.

It’s only now with the cover of an extension that Toronto’s Former Golden Boy will admit making a mistake.

The Raptors gave Bargnani every chance to succeed. They had to. They had to justify drafting the Italian ahead of LaMarcus Aldridge or Brandon Roy –despite the swing’s recent injuries.

Returns on Bargnani were mediocre, but Colangelo still rewarded him with a 5-year, $50 million extension in 2009, despite being a year away from free agency.

And Bargnani still started and logged heavy minutes, even though his finesse game wasn’t a fit in Coach Jay Triano’s system.

Bottom line: Bargnani isn’t an asset. He’s a liability. The team is far better developing Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, James Johnson, and franchise face in waiting DeMar DeRozan.

Bargnani’s isn’t a bust. His game is simply better suited to being a sixth-man than a superstar. Similar to Danilo Gallinari with the Denver Nuggets, he could excel as a scorer off the bench.

That can’t happen in Toronto, though. Expectations will always be sky high and unrealistic because of management.

Look for Colangelo, a master of the deal, to cover himself by finding a taker for Bargnani. And when that happens, he’ll again spin the situation in a well orchestrated press conference.

After all, Colangelo can’t be totally real in a media hot-bed such as Toronto. With three national sports channels, two national radio stations, five daily newspapers, and demanding fans, he can only concede so much.

Such is life in Toronto, especially with a mistake like Bargnani.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #36
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I remember when Bosh left/got traded, I remember saying I was very happy for this because now it's gonna be a put up or shut up year for Bargnani. And now he has proved to BC, Triano, and all the fans that he wasn't worth his contract and isn't anything close to being a franchise player.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-an...ading-bargnani

sure because 10 mlns/yr is what franchise players make
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

A little something on Griffin: Blake Griffin's Dunk Contest fiasco is analogous to his whole rookie season, lots of 'wow factor', but once you get past that he/his team still deserves to lose.

Griffin is an awesome athletic freak and all that, but if the Clippers expect Griffin to be their centre-piece in coming years, they will be in the exact same position as the Raptors have been in expecting the same of Bargnani. Griffin is to dunks what Bargnani is to long range shooting...a one trick pony. Yeah sure Griffin can aggressively rebound too (something we know will never happen with Bargnani), but his game is so incomplete, ragged, etc. and he's already become a massive chucker because the Clips are happy to just throw him the ball then sit back and see what happens. Highlight dunks get the Clips media face-time. Plus that will get him bad foot/ankle injuries that will side-line him for much of his career.

So as Bargnani did for TO, Griffin represents FOOLS GOLD for the Clippers, in terms of elevating to a next level team.......but hey the Clips will sure rake in the promo dough while he lasts.

Slam dunks all over sports show highlight reels DO NOT equal team success. How are Tyreke and the Kings doing this year? Yeah.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #38
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish this picture was bigger so I'd know wtf was going on in it.

Is he performing some kind of magic trick?
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #39
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
A little something on Griffin: Blake Griffin's Dunk Contest fiasco is analogous to his whole rookie season, lots of 'wow factor', but once you get past that he/his team still deserves to lose.

Griffin is an awesome athletic freak and all that, but if the Clippers expect Griffin to be their centre-piece in coming years, they will be in the exact same position as the Raptors have been in expecting the same of Bargnani. Griffin is to dunks what Bargnani is to long range shooting...a one trick pony. Yeah sure Griffin can aggressively rebound too (something we know will never happen with Bargnani), but his game is so incomplete, ragged, etc. and he's already become a massive chucker because the Clips are happy to just throw him the ball then sit back and see what happens. Highlight dunks get the Clips media face-time. Plus that will get him bad foot/ankle injuries that will side-line him for much of his career.

So as Bargnani did for TO, Griffin represents FOOLS GOLD for the Clippers, in terms of elevating to a next level team.......but hey the Clips will sure rake in the promo dough while he lasts.

Slam dunks all over sports show highlight reels DO NOT equal team success. How are Tyreke and the Kings doing this year? Yeah.

wow +1, i agree 100%
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #40
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I wish this picture was bigger so I'd know wtf was going on in it.

Is he performing some kind of magic trick?
He's telekinetically forcing the rebound to Gooden despite Drew apparently not wanting anything to do with it.

It's like that old kid's game, the ball is lava to Bargnani after it hits a rim.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #41
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn

your an idiot and clearly don't watch Griffin play
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #42
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
I can't agree with much of that either. Griffin is basically a better version of Amare Stoudemire and I'd have no problems building around a player like that. Obviously he has his flaws like every player does guys like Eric Gordon and Deandre Jordan are perfect complements to cover up some of those flaws.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #43
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I can't agree with any post that compares Bargnani to Blake Griffin. In any aspect.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #44
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #45
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Quote:

Your grammar is terrible so clearly you're an idiot.

(Try going back to grade 9 and starting over you ignorant contributionless fukkwad).

And just wait over the next 3 years as Griffin puts up high stats but the Clippers continue to be terrible. (It's not comparing Bargnani to Griffin, it's comparing the situation of their two teams, and the Clips already have a way better cast than the Raps and they still suck and will continue to...shows you how bad the Raps are).

Grade 2 calling of names aside, I can get if someone disagrees with my Griffin comments but I hardly think they're idiotic, there's at least some merit to them, and to the general hot-stat-stuffer player dick riding that incessantly goes on with the NBA.

Last edited by Grey Dawn : 03-31-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: