Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2011, 01:56 AM   #16
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Question Lakers Fans (Hollywood related)

its always packed, if a regular celeb including Jack is missing, some other celebrity or buddy of theirs is sitting on the seats

also there are about 3 seats really close to the Lakers bench where its a different group all the time, usually because they are in a new movie
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #17
MayCeltics
Banned

MayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

thanks to everyone who commented.
MayCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #18
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

corporations own those seats. not real fans.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #19
macpierce
Arcadia, CA

macpierce has decent reputationmacpierce has decent reputation

richer than god
macpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #20
MayCeltics
Banned

MayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
corporations own those seats. not real fans.

real fans get cut off.
MayCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #21
shrempf_on_rice
I'm so pretty

shrempf_on_rice has an OK reputation so far

If I was a very rich successful business man in L.A. who happens to have a couple of those courtside season tickets I might know some people in high places. The Tom Cruises, David Beckhams, Chris Rocks, etc. might happen to know myself or those same people in high places. And they just might ask for those tickets in return for a favor like maybe a special appearance or endorsement of some sort...
shrempf_on_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #22
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

stub hub.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #23
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Andy Garcia is a season ticket holder, he doesn't sit court side though. Denzel Washington is/was a season ticket holder as well. Diane Cannon has been a fan as long as Jack but she sit's behind the basket closest to the Laker bench.

You know some studio owns at least four court side seats because during almost every playoffs there are some stars from some movie sitting there while the commercial plays a thousand times during the game.

I have a friend who's a Dr. he had season tickets at the Forum but didn't want to pay the increase once they moved to Staples. When it was almost done being built they gave them a tour and showed them what they would be getting for their money. They get first dibs on whatever is going at Staples in their seats other than Laker games, be it concerts or whatever.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #24
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

whos that old asian lady that sits a few sits from jack?
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #25
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayCeltics
The Hollywood crowd come out in bunches for the big nationally televised games. Question: What about the non-national televised games? Same number of them or is it less. I know there some die-hard like Jack Nicholson who has season tickets. And how do they always wind up with court-side seats?
cus those seats cost like $20,000 so stars are the only ones that can afford them

Sometimes I wish to know what it would feel like to go to Memphis or ATL where you apparently can get courtsie seats for $9

I've only been to staples twice, once for clippers preseason where my friends got free tickets and once for the Miami vs Lakers game where Kobe got the bankshot game winner, even though it was not the best seats, 15 rows up behind the basket the tickets were still like $150 each and they were only that cheap because my dad called up a bunch of work contacts and somehow managed a company discount. Holy christ. I can only imagine how expensive playoff games are, I never even want to check

Last edited by Nick Young : 03-28-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #26
3ptShooter
I hit open layups

3ptShooter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The Hollywood crowd come out in bunches for the big nationally televised games. Question: What about the non-national televised games? Same number of them or is it less. I know there some die-hard like Jack Nicholson who has season tickets.

denzel, garcia and jack attend many of the non televised games. you'll see a few others like hoffman and b listers too.

Quote:
And how do they always wind up with court-side seats?

entertainment companies, law firms and long time holders own a high percentage of those seats. for the big games they give them to the people that matter at the moment. for the small games they're either sold or go to the people who matter a little less...
3ptShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #27
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I assumed individuals purchase those seats. When a tom cruise calls, they get removed and moved to other seats. And Maybe get a refund

Naah don't be foolish now. Actors aren't gods and there are plenty of people with power who aren't celebs but would have the money to sit in those seats.

The reason you see different actors on the same court side seats is probably just because they're owned by an agency or something like that.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this board

most of the courtside seats are owned by businesses... banks (who give the seats to large clients) agencies (who give the seats to the star whose got a movie coming out that needs promotion) studios (who give the seats to stars who have a movie coming out with them) etc.

Some are owned by individuals and they go to most games. The "Hollywood" crowd are at every single game, it's not just the nationally televised ones. What you see though, are the agency and studio seats filling up with additional actors instead of execs for the big national games.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #29
taucesays
High school junior varsity star

taucesays has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerspng
most of the courtside seats are owned by businesses... banks (who give the seats to large clients) agencies (who give the seats to the star whose got a movie coming out that needs promotion) studios (who give the seats to stars who have a movie coming out with them) etc.

Some are owned by individuals and they go to most games. The "Hollywood" crowd are at every single game, it's not just the nationally televised ones. What you see though, are the agency and studio seats filling up with additional actors instead of execs for the big national games.

Bingo. That's why the crew of Grown Ups was together for
taucesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #30
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

BoxOutBOXOUT has not been impressing people

Quote:
I assumed individuals purchase those seats. When a tom cruise calls, they get removed and moved to other seats. And Maybe get a refund
Yeah, that would go over well. No lawsuits would ever result from that.
BoxOutBOXOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: