Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Heat007
Unguardable

Heat007 has not been impressing people
Default DWade: Playoff Performer

I'm feelin it. We're going to see a great playoff from DWade this year. People that know him know that he picks up his game at some point after the all star break., to warm himself up for the playoffs. And his defense has been really good lately as he's making plays all over the court like a tazmanian devil out there. And consecutive 30/11/5/2+ games with 4th quarter performances leading the team in the last 2 games shows it. He's picking it up a notch before picking it up further in the the playoffs.

Wade is Top 10 ALL TIME for career playoff PER. I just sense he's going to have one of his great playoff runs with this new team. Last year, on a horrible Miami squad that consisted of an old and finished Jermaine O'Neal and Mister Inconsistent Beasley as his Top 2 options, he shot 57% against the Celtics for the series.

Here's an excerpt (and Video) of one of his historical playoff performances we've become accustomed to with D3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePZAj9ffagA

http://www.celticslife.com/2010/04/w...-historic.html

Wade Scorches Celtics In Historic Performance

Celtics coach Doc Rivers called it "Phenomenal." Heat coach Erik Spoelstra described it as "Greatness." In my opinion, no word can accurately describe D-Wade's scoring barrage yesterday afternoon.

As a Boston fan, the Celtics loss was disappointing, but as a basketball fan I couldn't help but appreciate Dwyane Wade's historic performance as I watched Game 4 slip away from the Celtics' grasp. Wade played his heart out

His 46 points was undoubtedly one of the greatest all-time playoff performances against the Celts, but where exactly does it stack up?

The Celtics have had some incredible playoff scoring performances. Bob Cousy (50), Sam Jones(51), John Havlicek (54), and most recently Ray Allen (51) have all scored over 50 points in Boston green and white.

However, only 3 players have cracked the half century mark against the C's in the postseason, Michael Jordan (63), Elgin Baylor(61), and Bob Pettit(50). Although Dwyane Wade fell 4 points short of the milestone, he shot 16 of 24 from the field, giving him a shooting percentage close to 67%.

Guards don't shoot 67%. It just doesn't happen. In the playoffs, regular season, pre-season, or pickup games at the local YMCA. Guards don't shoot 67%. When LeBron James scored 45 on the C's in game 7 of the 2008 Eastern Conference Finals, he shot 48% from the field. When MJ scored 63 points in 2OT back in '86 against Boston, he shot just under 54%. When Elgin Baylor set the record for most points in a regulation playoff game with 61 in the old Boston Garden, he didn't even shoot 48%.

I'm confident Wade could have scored another dozen had he not made an effort to get his teammates involved early in the contest. Amazingly, Wade only had 2 points in the 2nd quarter. He did however pick up the slack and score 30 of his 46 points in the 2nd half to set another franchise record. Although Jordan outscored Wade, he had 2 extra overtime periods and failed to win the game.

Last edited by Heat007 : 03-28-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: DWade: Playoff Performer

We are not worthy.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

game 4 VS the Wizards was pretty sweet
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Heat007
Unguardable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
game 4 VS the Wizards was pretty sweet

Relive the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcmgy89_DNs

I love the Al Michaels/Hubie Brown announcing team
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007

lol i was watching this one live.

Wade had like 20 points in the 3rd quarter or something like that

i wanted the Heat to win because the Wizard took us out the playoffs.

classic performance indeed without Shaq!
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Heat007
Unguardable

I just feel it. I know how Wade plays when he feels content with his team and is given the keys more as he's been given lately in 4th quarters.

instead of each member of the big 3 taking turns by quarter, with one scoring for 8 minutes then another - they are now working as one cohesive unit. They are working together.

Instead of spurts by one monster in a quarter and another monster taking over another quarter, they are slowly but surely becoming a 3 headed monster with how they're developing chemistry. Meshing and attacking you all at once. No more taking turns

If LeBron keeps moving so well off the ball and setting screens as he's been doing, Wade is going to have an incredible playoff.

The LeBron/Wade pick and rolls are DEADLY and unstoppable !! Better than stockton/malone

I'm giddy and can't wait for the playoffs baby! Bring em on!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: