Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-18-2011, 02:19 AM   #46
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: 2011-12 Jazz could play big-man musical chairs

France defeated Russia by a final score of 79-71 to advance to the finals of the 2011 EuroBasket, where they will meet Spain.

Tony Parker had 22 points and four steals to lead France, while Nicolas Batum scored 19 points to go with seven rebounds and four assists.
Joakim Noah had seven points and eight rebounds.

Russia was led again by Andrei Kirilenko, who scored 21 points.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 AM   #47
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Sportando: According to source close to situation, rumor on Spartak SPB close to Kirilenko is not true.AK to go to States after Eurobasket for vacation Twitter
Old 09-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #48
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Brian T. Smith: Jazz's Jeremy Evans idolized Celtics' Kevin Garnett when he was growing up. But added, "KG, he's a little different than I expected." Twitter
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #49
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Spain defeated France by a final score of 98-85 to win the 2011 EuroBasket.
Tournament MVP Juan Carlos Navarro had 27 points and five assists to lead Spain, while Pau Gasol and Jose Calderon each had 17.
Tony Parker had 26 points for France in a losing effort.

Navarro was joined on the All-Tournament Team by Pau Gasol, Parker, Bo McCalebb and Andrei Kirilenko.

Via RealGM Staff Report
Old 09-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #50
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

So it looks like early reports that AK might go to Europe with no NBA out are false?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #51
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Emiliano Carchia: Talking about his future at Championat.ru,Andrei Kirilenko said he didn't decide anything yet 'I need to rest 5-7days. Then, I'll decide' Twitter
Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #52
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...reer-move.html
Old 09-23-2011, 12:43 AM   #53
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

After the season ended, Favors spent a couple weeks relaxing and clearing his mind. Then he hit the gym with Glover, putting in daily work Monday through Friday. You grow up playing basketball your whole life and just being around it everyday, Favors said. When you have all the free time, you dont know what to do with yourself. His routine consisted of two-mile runs on a treadmill before each training session. Then he spent about an hour and 15 minutes alternating weight lifting with leg work, depending upon the day of the week. Regular pickup games followed, highlighted by appearances from Atlanta area regulars such as Jarrett Jack (New Orleans) and Louis Williams (Philadelphia). Favors even matched up against the muscle-armed Howard during a pro-am game. Salt Lake Tribune

While many NBA players joined informal lockout leagues and some took their talents overseas this summer, Prather intentionally kept Favors at home. He surrounded the impressionable 20-year-old with positive people that can provide invaluable experience, displaying the intangibles that often separate pro lifers from disappointing burnouts. Hes busting his hump. No question, said Prather, who stated that playing overseas is currently not a priority for his client. Prather added: He has to improve at all facets and thats exactly what hes attempting to do. Salt Lake Tribune
Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #54
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Brian T. Smith: Ex-Jazz's Andrei Kirilenko still talking with a few overseas teams about signing a contract if the NBA lockout continues. Twitter
Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #55
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Forward Andrei Kirilenko (30 years, 206 cm) will wear CSKA uniform again after 10-year American stint. The contract with the Russian National Team leader, 2011 Eurobasket All-Tournament team member is signed for three years with NBA return option. The player went through medical tests in GMS Clinic yesterday and plans to practice with the team for the first time today. cskabasket.com

Andrei Kirilenko: I am glad to be back to the team where I spent the years of adolescence. Its a pleasure to have a chance to play for Russian fans, my friends, relatives. CSKA has a very strong team, great coach, excellent players. Its great when the highest goals are ahead of you. Its especially interesting to play under the load of responsibility. I am sure that we are able to solve any task together. Id like to mention also that all the money earned in Russia I will send to Kirilenkos Kids charity foundation. The foundation will help the children hospitals and charity-schools, sport schools, sport veterans and the basketball players who became the disabled persons. cskabasket.com

Marc Fleisher (Kirilenko's agent): "Andrei has the right to leave when the lockout ends and after each season." Basket Europe
Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #56
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Good deal for AK, he can leave whenever he wants, but has a long term deal in the event of a prolonged lockout, or not getting a contract he's happy with in the US. Also very cool of him to donate the money to charity.

Quote:
...who became the disabled persons
Cracked me up.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #57
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Yeah good deal with the unknowns of what will happen with the NBA. The foreign translations are funny. I don't notice much cuz I get it everyday In China.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #58
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Brian T. Smith: No plans for Kanter to sign overseas right now. Offers from Chinese teams are off the table since rule was passed. Kanter will wait ... Twitter
Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #59
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jazz rookie center Enes Kanter has returned to the United States and resumed workouts with trainer Tim Grover in Chicago. Grover worked out Kanter last summer during predraft sessions. Utah then selected the Turkey native with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. Kanter plans to remain in Chicago for the immediate future, keeping an eye on the progress of the NBA lockout. Contract offers from Chinese professional teams are off the table. "The China thing, what happened is Enes' priority is the NBA, as an NBA player," said Max Ergul, Kanter's agent. "Once [China] came up with that rule change we thought they could've bent it around it's just not happening. They're very stern; they don't want a player coming and leaving. I'm not going to put my signature on something that might force him to stay there for a whole season." Salt Lake Tribune
Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #60
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Tas Melas: Andrei Kirilenko, in his CSKA jersey, holding an AK-47, natch: http://bit.ly/qeJA9f (via @monilogue) Twitter
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: