Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default My 360 broke

My system has the E74 error. Should I just buy a PS3? I know the 360 is great for online gaming but I don't do that at all. I just play regular games and have the system hooked up in my bedroom. For those of you who have had both is the PS3 better?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation
Default Re: My 360 broke

Old 360 or Slim 360?

Slim 360 don't have no problem anymore so that's why they fixed everything and you have to get a new Slim 360 instead your old 360.

Slim 360 = No more problem

Old 360 = Always problem.

If you don't care about online so just go cop a PS3, do what you want, what make you happy.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Are you interested in fixing the 360? It's possible. Just Google "How to fix 360 E74 error"

Friend of mine did it over a year ago and it still works. Much cheaper than buying a whole new system.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Buy both
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Old 360

How much is the slim 360 going for? There are no problems with it? I might try and do a trade in because I've read that gamestop buys broken systems so I'd take that money and save up and put it towards either getting a PS3 or this new slim 360 you're talking about.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I had to mail mine in to get it fixed..........has worked since they fixed it.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Are you interested in fixing the 360? It's possible. Just Google "How to fix 360 E74 error"

Friend of mine did it over a year ago and it still works. Much cheaper than buying a whole new system.

I've tried but can only find sites where I have to pay for a "how to" guide.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I've tried but can only find sites where I have to pay for a "how to" guide.
Check youtube.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had that error. E74 error is due to some video hardware melting. I sent mine to Microsoft and they gave me a brand new one. You have to be careful when you submit a repair form though. I'd say stick with the fixed (if for free) 360 until the next gen consoles have a release date, which is rumored to be as early as next year.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Who did you mail it to and how much did it cost?
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Did that with a friend of mine, didn't work for me and I had to get a new 360 after all.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Who did you mail it to and how much did it cost?
Microsoft. They will fix it for free if its within 3 years of purchase and they even email you the mailing label so you can ship it free.

Just check their website for details.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Did that with a friend of mine, didn't work for me and I had to get a new 360 after all.
IT doesn't' always work, but i figure it's better than just buying a whole new system if it's capable of being fixed.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

The problem with that is it would cost $100-$119 to get it fixed by Microsoft. You can pretty much get a new 360 for like $200.

What really sucks is that I bought this system back in 2007 and they added a 3 year warranty that just expired back in November.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
IT doesn't' always work, but i figure it's better than just buying a whole new system if it's capable of being fixed.

Yeah, those were my thoughts exactly. Too bad it didn't work.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: