Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My 360 broke

Why wouldnt they fix it for free? You're saying they are charging you. Is that because your warranty expired? If so just buy the new one for $200. The new xbox dont break down so easily and fast like the old ones. I had the E74 error about 2yrs ago. That was before the newer models came out.

PS3 isnt a bad machine but if you're an online gamer? Dont expect much. Depends what kind of gamer you are. I like playing online so xbox 360 is the way to go. Otherwise get a ps3 and also enjoy bluray.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #32
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Also

When you're downloading some the demos, etc.

PS3 - Shit is taking you forever like 50 min.

360 - 5 min.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #33
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Why wouldnt they fix it for free? You're saying they are charging you. Is that because your warranty expired? If so just buy the new one for $200. The new xbox dont break down so easily and fast like the old ones. I had the E74 error about 2yrs ago. That was before the newer models came out.

PS3 isnt a bad machine but if you're an online gamer? Dont expect much. Depends what kind of gamer you are. I like playing online so xbox 360 is the way to go. Otherwise get a ps3 and also enjoy bluray.

If you're an online gamer it works just fine. A few extra features doesn't make a huge world of difference.

I pretty much do nothing but play online with my PS3. I guess that's not expecting much?
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #34
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
I had that error. E74 error is due to some video hardware melting. I sent mine to Microsoft and they gave me a brand new one. You have to be careful when you submit a repair form though. I'd say stick with the fixed (if for free) 360 until the next gen consoles have a release date, which is rumored to be as early as next year.

The next gen consoles will not be out next year.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #35
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
The next gen consoles will not be out next year.

Yeah no joke. This generation will probably run a good 3 (Nintendo & Microsoft) to 5 (Sony) more years.

Maybe SEGA will make a comeback?

(let's hope not)
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

To add, Microsoft and Sony just came out with their motion controller schemes. That will keep this generation going for awhile. For the record, I haven't even attempted to try the motion gaming; any they any good?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #37
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In addition to the new motion controllers, I am under the impression that the PS3 and 360 can easily handle the technical aspects any games that are in development. Until we get to the point that the gaming hardware cannot power the software, there is no reason to replace it with a new generation.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #38
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
I had that error. E74 error is due to some video hardware melting. I sent mine to Microsoft and they gave me a brand new one. You have to be careful when you submit a repair form though. I'd say stick with the fixed (if for free) 360 until the next gen consoles have a release date, which is rumored to be as early as next year.

I doubt those rumors are true, but even if they were he might as well cop a PS3 because we all know how quick Microsoft stops supporting the previous consoles. The original Xbox was just completely ignored right before the 360 came out.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #39
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

I play online with my PS3, it's pretty solid and they have been improving. I think that argument is overused and pretty much invalid.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I play online with my PS3, it's pretty solid and they have been improving. I think that argument is overused and pretty much invalid.

You being you, you would think that. On the real, the 360's flagship feature is it's online gaming/media realm. PS3 is doo-doo in comparison. It's been that way, and will stay that way until Sony goes back to the drawing board and brainstorms a way to capture their previous PS2 base.

Sony had a real opportunity to close the market in this current gaming generation, but they failed to deliver the 'online gaming' aspect of it all. All the while, Sony keeps playing the pride card. Yeah OK.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #41
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
You being you, you would think that. On the real, the 360's flagship feature is it's online gaming/media realm. PS3 is doo-doo in comparison. It's been that way, and will stay that way until Sony goes back to the drawing board and brainstorms a way to capture their previous PS2 base.

Sony had a real opportunity to close the market in this current gaming generation, but they failed to deliver the 'online gaming' aspect of it all. All the while, Sony keeps playing the pride card. Yeah OK.

Bolded=

They have clearly closed the gap...
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #42
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

It's always funny to see these guys act like the difference between XBL and PSN is like dial-up to cable. The difference doesn't even justify the money you pay just to be able to play online.

I guess Sony making online play available to anyone with a system is failing to deliver the online aspect of the games.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #43
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Bolded=

They have clearly closed the gap...

You are clearly wrong (why is no one surprised?). 85% of the time when you reply back on something it's to simply save face b/c you have a hard time dealing with being WRONG. Even when you know you're wrong, you'll still argue for the sake of not being in the incorrect bucket. This is a flaw you will have to get over.

Every time Sony attempts to 'close the gap' Microsoft does a nifty update to keep them fools in check. Rinse and repeat.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #44
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
It's always funny to see these guys act like the difference between XBL and PSN is like dial-up to cable. The difference doesn't even justify the money you pay just to be able to play online.

I guess Sony making online play available to anyone with a system is failing to deliver the online aspect of the games.

A thousand facepalms doesn't change the FACT that Microsoft has cornered the market with online gaming, which by and large is the biggest bucket of gamers out there. Yes, the casual gamer is out there, and that's why they buy the Wii, and not the PS3. Sony is hurting because in the beginning they neglected the online-interested based gamer.

Tough cookies.

PS3 owners/fans always so butt hurt over the truth.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #45
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
You are clearly wrong (why is no one surprised?). 85% of the time when you reply back on something it's to simply save face b/c you have a hard time dealing with being WRONG. Even when you know you're wrong, you'll still argue for the sake of not being in the incorrect bucket. This is a flaw you will have to get over.

Every time Sony attempts to 'close the gap' Microsoft does a nifty update to keep them fools in check. Rinse and repeat.

This is the last time I will respond to your trifling ass but as I said before, PSN has most definitely closed the gap. Which is impressive since that Microsoft has had a whole extra generation to improve. It's not like Sony just made little fixes here and there, PSN didnt even work before. Stop being an idiot, PSN is reliable and fast now, something that it couldnt be described in its early form. The differences between the two are miniscule especially if take price into consideration. If all Microsoft does to regain the advantage is make " a nifty update" then by all means that would have make one think that PSN was not "doo-doo in comparison"

STFU already.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: