Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Chris Paul?

Are we still going to try to acquire him via trade(Chauncey) or are we going to decline Chauncey's option and bring him back for a cheaper price?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chris Paul?

CP3 is still in the plans, but the jury is out on Chauncey.

The verdict comes in after his post season play
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, I'm really wondering if we'll pick up his contract option. I'm guessing we will but his play has been less than stellar.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chauncey isn't a true playmaker.

I think we will get CP3 either way, but right now we need a pg that can push the ball to get easy scores.

Chauncey did it once last nite for the Melo dunk late in the game, but there were alot of chances to have done that.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If I can try to play devil's advocate here.Chauncey certainly is struggling but let's not forget he's 34.It's not like he NEVER could do the things we need him to.I thought his 3 point shooting would be better utilized but it's clear that D'Antoni's style is too fast for him @ this stage in his career.I think we should see who we can sign this summer and make Chauncey a last priority.If we still have room for him,let him come back.Regardless of his play,he undoubtedly has a positive impact in the locker room.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If I can try to play devil's advocate here.Chauncey certainly is struggling but let's not forget he's 34.It's not like he NEVER could do the things we need him to.I thought his 3 point shooting would be better utilized but it's clear that D'Antoni's style is too fast for him @ this stage in his career.I think we should see who we can sign this summer and make Chauncey a last priority.If we still have room for him,let him come back.Regardless of his play,he undoubtedly has a positive impact in the locker room.

I doubt he'd take the paycut but we could use the cap space. We have a lot of holes and it would be fantastic to keep him and fill some of those holes.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #7
Sky2k8336

How exactly can we trade for CP3?

What value do we have that would be intriguing to NOH?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We could sign a FA and trade em' I guess.If your asking who on the current roster we could trade to attract NO,the answer is NOBODY lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Flip Chauncey for CP3, which means he get his extension.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't like this whole "wait for CP3" idea.

I would rather sign a good center this summer and fill the bench to make us a very strong team.
We would have 2 great offensive players in Melo and Stoudemire,center who can rebound and defend,solid bench players and a coach who cares about defense (If there is anyone smart in the club D'Antoni is gone after this season).

It will be much better than do nothing and wait for CP3 for who we don't know will he sign with us.

Just build the team around Melo,bring solid pieces and some size along with a new coach and we are contenders.

We don't need another superstar,especially if he is not a center.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Who's talking about waiting?

We know this team needs size in the middle, and I'm sure that will be addressed.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Who's talking about waiting?

We know this team needs size in the middle, and I'm sure that will be addressed.
If we get a decent center then I don't think we will get CP3.

We don't have anything to trade for him (other teams could make much better offers) and if we sign a center then there is a big possibility that we won't have enough cap room for a decent offer.

We just need a new coach who will care about defense,good defensive center (Chandler,Dalembert,Jordan) and a solid players from the bench.

Most of that can be filled this summer.

I hope this team will be a contender next year.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Don't forget that the NBA owns NO now, so something might happen.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
If we get a decent center then I don't think we will get CP3.

We don't have anything to trade for him (other teams could make much better offers) and if we sign a center then there is a big possibility that we won't have enough cap room for a decent offer.

We just need a new coach who will care about defense,good defensive center (Chandler,Dalembert,Jordan) and a solid players from the bench.

Most of that can be filled this summer.

I hope this team will be a contender next year.

Chris Paul is a Top 3 PG in the NBA. We definetly could use him as we need a PG to run this team and let Amare go back to the role he excelled in in Phoenix with pick & rolls and a PG to feed him the ball. I never liked the idea of him being the focal point of an offense, he is dangerous when he wont have to deal with double teams. Carmelo will still get his points as hes a great scorer, but I'd love to have a PG who can find him for open baskets without having to set aside isolations.

Basically we need a PG to open up the floor for Stat & Melo. Neither guy compliments each other since both are scorers and a PG would be the glue to make it work. A penetrating PG a la Rondo would be ideal for this team, which goes back to the 2009 Draft and us taking Hill over Jennings. The kid loves the jumper but hes a much better PG than he has shown being limited in that mess Scott Skiles considers to be a halfcourt offense.

I wouldnt spend too much on Chandler & Dalembert. Both guys are well known for getting hurt and having subpar play. Dallas is going to fall for Chandler's contract year performance and give him another huge payday.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #15
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A big man is a more pressing concern. I think if we get lucky, we can get a good PG in the draft either this year or the next, but man do we get killed on the boards. Unless CP3 is gonna average 10+ boards a game, I say we wait on anything trade related.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: