Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

R.I.P-Chick has decent reputationR.I.P-Chick has decent reputation
Default Official India Vs Pakistan Cricket World Cup Match+ Finals vs Sri Lanka

Oh boy, India vs Pakistan. Anyone who knows their history knows it doesnt get any bigger than this. Expected viewership of 200-300M people. I for one will be watching and skipping classes tomorrow. Go INDIA! Predictions for anyone there? I feel as if India's batting will to much to handle for Pakistan, but I guess time will tell. Sri Lanka is on its way to the finals to meet the winner of this match. And having the game in India, the atmosphere will be off the charts I hope. Enjoy!
R.I.P-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official India Vs Pakistan Cricket World Cup Match+ Finals vs Sri Lanka

TBH I don't quite understand Cricket, but I know it is HUGE in almost every part of the world. All of India is going INSANE right now; almost all Indians bonkers. All they talk about is Cricket. From previous years, I know that people do a lot of praying and other crazy things over cricket matches. Millions of students/kids/youngsters stays up all day and night just over a Cricket game for parties. There could be riots over this; the country basically shuts down. All of the big Politicians and big-name actors attend the games personally. Tons of fireworks will go off if India wins; it would be like Fourth of July in India if India wins.

This is basically Superbowl except hundreds of times bigger... India/Pakistan will be shut down tomorrow. What time EST does the game start?

I wish I understood Cricket. Since I have never watched it, I don't even know what to pay attention to. I don't know all of the rules so I would see people cheer and hear the announcers freak out.. but not know why. It is a pretty damn complex sport.. unlike basketball and football and soccer..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Official India Vs Pakistan Cricket World Cup Match+ Finals vs Sri Lanka

Blade it starts 4:30EST I think. Starts at 3:30am here in STL and I plan on skipping school tomorrow to watch it. This match up has everyone going crazy in India. My uncle flew out to India for the tournament and he says the atmosphere is to die for. I mean 300M people watching? Dear god it shows you how important the game is beyond the game too. Cricket really isnt that confusing actually. I'd say football is more confusing for sure. Cricket has 3 ways to score, which is run, or hit a 4 and 6 (which is how many runs you get if it passes the boundry so like the wall in baseball.) If it rolls past its a 4, if its direct like a homerun its 6 runs. There are 50 overs (6 pitches an over, pitchers change every over, but can come back the next). THen there are special pitchers like they focus on one pitch rather than 4-5 like baseball. The games do last a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time which is the downside but I still watch. There are also 10 wickets, which is basically 10 outs. I cant sit here and type it all, but thats the jist of things. Hope this helps! You should try watching tonight, I mean it will be a good way to start off. The atmosphere alone will blow you away.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
mike239489

Over or Under 100 people die as a result of this game??

I'm going over.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P-Chick
Blade it starts 4:30EST I think. Starts at 3:30am here in STL and I plan on skipping school tomorrow to watch it. This match up has everyone going crazy in India. My uncle flew out to India for the tournament and he says the atmosphere is to die for. I mean 300M people watching? Dear god it shows you how important the game is beyond the game too. Cricket really isnt that confusing actually. I'd say football is more confusing for sure. Cricket has 3 ways to score, which is run, or hit a 4 and 6 (which is how many runs you get if it passes the boundry so like the wall in baseball.) If it rolls past its a 4, if its direct like a homerun its 6 runs. There are 50 overs (6 pitches an over, pitchers change every over, but can come back the next). THen there are special pitchers like they focus on one pitch rather than 4-5 like baseball. The games do last a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time which is the downside but I still watch. There are also 10 wickets, which is basically 10 outs. I cant sit here and type it all, but thats the jist of things. Hope this helps! You should try watching tonight, I mean it will be a good way to start off. The atmosphere alone will blow you away.

4:30am EST? or PM?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
4:30am EST? or PM?

AM. Theres an 10 or so hour difference so its afternoon in India when its early as **** here
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike239489
Over or Under 100 people die as a result of this game??

I'm going over.

My uncle is there and he said the security is beyond intense. Hoping this is true so under.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

this is the big one. this is bigger than cowboys-49ers. cowboys-steelers. bulls-pistons. lakers-celtics. yankees-red sox. white sox-cubs. liverpool-chelsea. arsenal-man u. you get the picture. you can't get any better than this match.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

It's 5:00 am EST - pre game is 4:30.

and cannot f*cking wait!!!

I feel like 200-300M viewership seems kinda low to be honest. I'd say it'll be over 500M...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone got a site?
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

Damn, can't stay up until 4:30. I have college tomorrow ;/

BTW here's a link:
http://www.veetle.com/index.php/chan...#4d924cc19a193
Old 03-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Skillz
Anyone got a site?
http://www.cricvid.com/
was suggested by a friend, I haven't used it myself and won't since I have to go to work tomorrow. Man I hope Pakistan wins, but even if we don't it's nice to know the trophy is going to stay in the sub-continent.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
R.I.P-Chick
Decent playground baller

I use crictime.com to watch the matches. Works wonders
Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
SmackOrH.A.K
High School Starter

SmackOrH.A.K has decent reputationSmackOrH.A.K has decent reputation

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

game is gonna be wild this morning/today/tonight, but I got Sri Lanka winning it all.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: