Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #76
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation
Default Re: How can someone actually like/watch baseball?

Why don't MLB have a f*cking salary cap like other sports?

They can buying any players so shit seems unfair to me.

I am going to be honest, If I have to pick one sports for my career...I am going with baseball cause less injury than other sports like Hockey, Soccer, NBA, NFL Boxing, UFC.

Old men can play MLB so it's a longer sports you can play.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #77
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No, dipshit, that time is usually spent reflecting on the previous play/previous plays, watching a replay of it/them and/or thinking about the next play or just hoping the next play is successful. Pretty much every sport has lulls in action where nothing is really happening and you have time to do whatever...
They need to speed the game up. I say 20-30 seconds between snaps rather than 40. An actual average NFL game has 11 minutes of actual play time and 49 minutes of "dead" time. That's horrendous. Less dead time would equal more action, more posessions, and probably more excitement as teams would be playing with greater urgency.

And no need for commercials after kickoffs. As it is, team scores - commercials, then kickoff - more commercials. All about making $$$, screw 'em, I hope there's a lockout. The guys running this league are worse than David Stern, and I hate Stern. Just play the game.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #78
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You run the risk of rushing the game too much. Coaches have to come up with plays taking time to think of what what they want to try, then communicate it to the QB, who then has to communicate it to the rest of the players, then they all have to line up and get in position, and the QB needs time to read the defense, audible, settle himself down, etc... You can't run the entire game like you might run a 2 minute drill. Players would get winded, plays would get rushed, and then you'd have more mistakes, more fumbles, more injuries, more chaos, and some sloppy football. It gives teams the option of what kind of pace they want to play with. If you speed it up too much, then teams wouldn't have any option as to what pace to play. To me, the game of football isn't just about the action that occurs during a single play, it's all the other nuances that go along with it. Some would also argue that it builds up anticipation for each play.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #79
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress

I am going to be honest, If I have to pick one sports for my career...I am going with baseball cause less injury than other sports like Hockey, Soccer, NBA, NFL Boxing, UFC.

The Cap in the NBA has done so much for parity though, hasn't it?

# of teams that have won the NBA championship since 1980: 8

(LAL, Bos, Chi, Hou, Det, SA, Phi, Mia)

# of MLB teams to win the World Series Since 1980: 20
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #80
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reason # 1,762,431 I love baseball: good natured, very public pranks:

http://ca.deadspin.com/5627396/at+ba...pe-for-a-prank
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 AM   #81
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

no black kid in my neighborhood plays baseball.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 AM   #82
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #83
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far

I don't like but when I used to follow it in 1995 when I was a little kid I loved it. I think you get as much enjoyment out of it as you invest of yourself into it.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #84
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

The NBA has a soft cap and that's part of this CBA the owners want a hard cap.

But the parity in baseball isn't due to anything with the money it's just the nature of the sport. It's far easier to repeat in the NBA than in any other sport I think.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #85
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress

You can buy the best players but it doesn't mean you'll win the series. The Rays made it to the WS with a nothing payroll.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: