Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned

Default 2K! Please Get Rid of the Morph!!!

I'm so sick of seeing this happen. The ball should not go through my players let alone other players going through my players

I get so sick of playing good D and blocking a guy's shot only to have it go through my hand/arm and the other team gets a bucket. I've lost game because of this!!

Anybody else experience this horrible problem?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
jaydacris
Banned

Default Re: 2K! Please Get Rid of the Morph!!!

i always felt that collision detection/clipping will never be perfect in any video game

but i agree, it definitely can be better
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
ballup
13.37 PER

Video games are hard to program as I can imagine and given the limited amount of time that they can spend on developing each game, it will take maybe years to fix. 2K should really just focus more on making the game play more realistic then making it look more realistic.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Video games are hard to program as I can imagine and given the limited amount of time that they can spend on developing each game, it will take maybe years to fix. 2K should really just focus more on making the game play more realistic then making it look more realistic.

Right I understand this. That's why I would honestly be satisfied if they took a year off to put more effort into the programming to make the game better. And I agree with you, they should put more effort into gameplay rather than just looks or features. (i.e. madden). I didn't give a shit about Jordan being in the game for real, I just wanted better gameplay and things to be fixed such as the morph, the online , the suction animations, and most importantly the a.i. cheating
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
CelticBaller
You mad?

and fix your team AI
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
and fix your team AI

This too. They make your teammates play like retards while the other team's AI plays smart, perfect basketball. Even on higher difficulties, all you are doing is making it so that the other team misses shots less often.

2K and other video game companies have to learn that cheating you is not challenging you. On Hall of Fame, they should just make the other team play smarter, run better plays, play better defense (not sliding into place or forcing animations). Not just making crazy shots and having their ratings boosted while yours are lowered. That's a horrible way to translate difficulty.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: