Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #1486
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Apparently Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin are the next TUF coaches.

I don't really get the choices. Nelson is an incredibly tough guy and fairly entertaining but he's basically completely irrelevant when it comes to the top of that weight division. I guess he should make for some good TV at least. Carwin isn't exactly brimming with charisma and I'd be very surprised if we ever see him in a title fight again.

I assume no other higher profile guys wanted to do it.

TUF has fallen off drastically, and the talent coming off the show is a shadow of what it once was.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #1487
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
TUF has fallen off drastically, and the talent coming off the show is a shadow of what it once was.

i was thinking about this the other day. with the sport becoming more popular, why do you think that is? do the talented upcoming guys just get signed behind the scenes? diaz and bader seem like the last impactful major players. you could throw roy in there. and maybe chiesa and pearson but look at who they're fighting. it just doesn't seem like we're getting those legends and gateholders coming through like the early days.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #1488
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cerrone vs guillard added to ufc 150... nice :o
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #1489
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A good Strikeforce event is coming on in less than an hour.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1490
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i was thinking about this the other day. with the sport becoming more popular, why do you think that is? do the talented upcoming guys just get signed behind the scenes? diaz and bader seem like the last impactful major players. you could throw roy in there. and maybe chiesa and pearson but look at who they're fighting. it just doesn't seem like we're getting those legends and gateholders coming through like the early days.
I haven't been following MMA as long as many here, but it does seem like the pool of available talent has shrunk somewhat. Not to mention, even the early winners of TUF did not exactly go on to become MMA legends.

What it probably comes down to is the fact that if you're kickass enough to make the UFC, you 'll tend to make it on your own merits through the various other fight networks, and not because you looked good in the UFC beauty contest. Or something like that. But from the articles I recall on BE, MMF, MMJ, etc, they tend to paint a similar picture.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #1491
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any opinion on the idea of JDS training hard in orthodox boxing and taking on the Klitschkos at some point? Maybe not as a likely winner, but as a strong challenger, at the least?

Cain is my favorite MMA fighter and I have huge respect for AO's game, but I'm not sure either will be able to bother the incredible punching machine known as JDS. Just IMO, of course....
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #1492
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Any opinion on the idea of JDS training hard in orthodox boxing and taking on the Klitschkos at some point? Maybe not as a likely winner, but as a strong challenger, at the least?

Cain is my favorite MMA fighter and I have huge respect for AO's game, but I'm not sure either will be able to bother the incredible punching machine known as JDS. Just IMO, of course....
You really want this question answered dont you?

I'll say yes just because everyone else tells you no.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #1493
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
You really want this question answered dont you?

I'll say yes just because everyone else tells you no.
It wasn't a yes or no question, but thanks for your insightful analysis of the situation.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #1494
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
It wasn't a yes or no question, but thanks for your insightful analysis of the situation.

Except that it is a yes or no question.
Quote:
Maybe not as a likely winner, but as a strong challenger, at the least?

No

In depth analysis.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #1495
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1305...s-kennedy.html
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #1496
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jardine bleeding?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #1497
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

goddamn jardine is horrible
Old 07-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #1498
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
No

In depth analysis.
okay, good for you. you answered the second part of the question that i threw out there for people who had nothing interesting to say but who felt like saying "yes" or "no" anyway.

i guess the first part was just too confusing. that's too bad. that was the part where i asked for 'any opinion' on the matter. any interesting opinion on the matter would likely sketch out where JDS might be strong and where he might have a problem in pro boxing. etc, etc... i.e., any interesting insight of any kind.

if you need an analogy to help you understand, consider that part the essay question in HS or college where you actually try to represent your opinion on a matter. not that i was looking for anything deep-- just something mildly interesting would have been fine.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #1499
jaydacris
Rose

good first round
gotta give it to nate

hopefully we see our first finish of the night in this fight...
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #1500
jaydacris
Rose

woodley's mom lmao

so loud
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: