wait, how did boetsch win? he was back pedaling and only throwing leg kicks
i scored it for lombard. he at least hurt with him with the kick and got top control....maybe a draw since it was such garbage but meh, whatever
MMA judges are retards. Shit fight, but the decision was even worse. No idea how you can win a fight backing up the entire time throwing weak leg kicks.
The main card wasn't great, but it wasn't a bad event overall. The prelim fights were all good. Riddle/Clements was fun. The first 2 rounds of Head/Hairrow weren't that bad. The 3rd was 2 tired guys unable to really do much. Kongo/Jordan and Lombard/Boetsch sucked, but the main event wasn't bad.
Wow just got back from the bar watching this. I don't know that I've ever walked away from a UFC event THIS disappointed lol. Was excited to see Lombard, he sucked it up. Wanted Faber to win, he got his ass (and leg) kicked...
Only thing that completely made my night was when I saw that UFC rehired the only octagon girl I ever gave a damn about:
meh, what a slackful middle of the year. oh well, just for fun, scanning ahead for upcoming fights of interest...
aug 4th, UFC on fox- shogun vs vera, dragon vs bader, browne vs rothwell. (should all be pretty fun)
aug 11th, UFC 150- bendo vs edgar II (meh), cowboy vs guillard (meh), okami vs paul harris (should be fun to see harris bounce back)
sep 1st, UFC 151- jones vs hendo (it's can't-miss TV, but has about 1% chance of being awesome via upset and 99% chance of being depressing via beatdown of a legend), koscheck vs ellenberger (i don't really want to see kos' eye get busted up again, but he needs to get toasted for the division to move forward)
sep 22nd, UFC 152- bisping vs stann (should be a blast, literally), BJ vs rory (oh shit. penn being offered up as a sacrificial lamb here. and so help me, we should all enjoy the f-k out of that.)
sep 29th, UFC on fuel- stipe vs struve (should be interesting, but also a clear win for my local boy stipe)
oct 13th, UFC 153- teixeria vs rampage (OMG yes, watching rampage hopefully get destroyed is going to be hugely enjoyable)
nov 17th, UFC 154- GSP vs condit (heaven), kampmann vs hendricks (kampmann will get annihilated, i think, and that's what we all should want)
waiting to be scheduled- nate vs bendo/edgar winner, JDS vs cain, nelson vs carwin, hopefully rashad vs spider, cormier and barnett vs patsies (or a straight rematch??)... should all be awesome and/or fascinating.