Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #1561
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Since when has Nick been a big draw?
For a long time

Diaz vs Penn did better numbers then Maynard vs Edgar 3 and made the same as Shogun vs Henderson.

Diaz vs Condit had 400,000 buys.

All the Diaz fights in Showtime had alot of viewers.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #1562
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Umm, no. I'd rather see someone worthy fight for the title. I'm tired of seeing unworthy guys getting title shots for whining or talking trash instead of actually earning it.
Diaz vs Anderson fight will sell way more then a Anderson vs Weidman fight.

The only 2 opponents that Anderson can have left is GSP who doesnt want to fight him and Jon Jones and neither of them want that fight.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #1563
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Diaz managed to beat Silva it would be one of the 3 best days of my life along with the 2 times Chael P beat Silva.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #1564
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Diaz vs Penn did better numbers then Maynard vs Edgar 3

That's not saying much. Penn/Diaz did about the same numbers as the Penn/Fitch card did, which isn't good considering Fitch is one of the most boring fighters out there.

Quote:
and made the same as Shogun vs Henderson.

It did less, and that's not really good since Penn is a draw.

Quote:
Diaz vs Condit had 400,000 buys.

I wonder how much GSP effected this number, though.

Quote:
All the Diaz fights in Showtime had alot of viewers.

That were well under the numbers done by cards headlined by HWs.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #1565
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well he's still a bigger draw than Wiedman. No one cares about him.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #1566
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Diaz vs Anderson fight will sell way more then a Anderson vs Weidman fight.

This isn't the WWE, they can't let who would draw more determine who gets a title shot, especially considering that Nick has 0 wins at MW while Weidman is undefeated and has back-to-back wins over top 10 MWs.

Quote:
The only 2 opponents that Anderson can have left is GSP who doesnt want to fight him and Jon Jones and neither of them want that fight.

There's Boetsch (who will have to win against a top contender to be considered), Belcher (who has an upcoming bout with Belfort), and Weidman. I guess there's also Bisping, who Dana seems to be pushing hard for.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #1567
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Well he's still a bigger draw than Wiedman. No one cares about him.

i disagree. sure, he doesn't have the name recognition now but he's had a knockout of the night and submission of the night. i know dana is in the business of money making but silva draws on his own. at some point, talent and the year you put together should trump a pure popularity contest. people are going to want to see if weidman can hang but larger than that...people who dislike silva will tune in just hoping to see him lose. people that like silva will tune in for a potentially fantastic finish.

people say styles make matchups, right? when's the last time silva was at a reach disadvantage? silva has a 77.5" reach while weidman has a 78.0" reach. it's going to be a lot harder for silva to fight on the outside with weidman and weidman is scrappy on the ground with excellent top control and better ground n pound than sonnen.

i would say that makes for a very intriguing fight.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 07-30-2012 at 06:51 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #1568
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
This isn't the WWE, they can't let who would draw more determine who gets a title shot, especially considering that Nick has 0 wins at MW while Weidman is undefeated and has back-to-back wins over top 10 MWs.

Really?...could have sworn Brock Lesnar got a Title shot with 1 - 1 record in the UFC

There's Boetsch (who will have to win against a top contender to be considered), Belcher (who has an upcoming bout with Belfort), and Weidman. I guess there's also Bisping, who Dana seems to be pushing hard for.

AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #1569
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

I'm gonna go ahead and point out I've never seen Wiedman fight or if I have I don't remember it.

And they can and do determine match ups by what would sell ppvs.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1570
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Really?...could have sworn Brock Lesnar got a Title shot with 1 - 1 record in the UFC

Allow me to quote myself:

Quote:
I'm tired of seeing unworthy guys getting title shots
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #1571
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Sure weidman deserves it more but i'd be surprised if the majority of mma fans would prefer to see him against silva over Diaz. You know diaz will bring it and it'll make for an exciting fight, in the end that's all everyone wants to see in an mma fight.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #1572
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Allow me to quote myself:

oh!

carry on....nothing to see here.....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1573
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why would Diaz's BJJ give him a very big problem? When's the last time Nick beat someone with it? All I can remember is a gassed Cyborg. Silva's faced better BJJ guys before and he would have a considerable size advantage against Nick. Why are we even discussing this? What in the hell has Nick done to even be considered for a title shot at MW? He was too scared to fight Mayhem at MW, but now they're supposed to just give him a title shot in a division he's never won a fight in while he lost his last fight and is coming off a suspension? Not to mention he might be the least reliable guy in the UFC, so why is he even in any kind of consideration?
agree with most of those points, but sometimes the right fight should not always include the most-deserving dude (in this case weidman). i mean, sure, the UFC is not the WWE, but buildup and reputation are still very important things. it wouldn't hurt weidman in the slightest for people to actually SEE him destroy his next opponent, instead of fighting on a small TV card that hardly anyone watched. meanwhile, silva could fight diaz or someone else equally compelling, and we'd get a damn fun fight, the UFC should make good money... it's win win all around as brujesino said.

actually it's all academic, anyway... diaz doesn't come off suspension until, what? next april? so diaz against silva should have utterly no effect on weidman's shot, unless one of those two gets injured or something...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #1574
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I seriously can't believe people on here are actually in favor of Diaz fighting against Silva. I guess having it be a legitimate sport means nothing to people. Might as well bring in JCVD to fight Silva.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #1575
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
That's not saying much. Penn/Diaz did about the same numbers as the Penn/Fitch card did, which isn't good considering Fitch is one of the most boring fighters out there.

Its not saying much that Diaz did better numbers then the at the time Lightweight champion?And the Featherweight champion AND Chael Sonnen?

It did less, and that's not really good since Penn is a draw.
10k less which pretty much the same shit.Diaz vs Penn had Kongo vs Mitrione as a co main event and also had Roy Nelson vs Cro Cop.Decent Card at best.Shogun vs Henderson had Wanderlei Silva vs Cung Le and Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles another decent to pretty good card.

I wonder how much GSP effected this number, though.
Why would someone who didnt fight on the card have an effect on the card?400k people didnt buy Diaz vs Condit to watch GSP sit in the front row

That were well under the numbers done by cards headlined by HWs.
All 3 cards Heavily promoted for the Grand Prix And Heavys have always drawn more then any other weight class.
Fedor vs Silva 741k
Overeem vs Werdum 624k
Fedor vs Henderson 571k

Diaz vs Daley 528K
Diaz vs Cyborg 561k
Diaz vs Noons 2 509k
Diaz vs Marius Zaromskis 517k

Beating out Fedor vs Werdum and Overeem vs Rogers

oh but nobody ever watches diaz fight

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: