Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #1561
vinsane01
National High School Star
 
vinsane01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: me live out here
Posts: 2,108
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Bendo won the first. Second fight was closer but Edgar shoulve won that. It couldve gone either way though since everyone knows that judging in MMA is sketchy. Edgar vs Aldo would make for a very interesting fight so it's a win for the fans.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #1562
jaydacris
Al
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 20,401
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

ufc 151 conference all today at 2pm est. dana white will be there
most people think hendo is out... we'll see
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #1563
jaydacris
Al
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 20,401
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

ufc 151 cancelled
henderson partial mcl tear

jones facing machida at ufc 152

sonnen accepted a fight with jones for ufc 151 date, but jones turned it down
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #1564
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,923
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

whoa, how do you straight up cancel an event? i'm assuming everyone who bought tickets get a refund, but what if dudes had to buy plane tickets or whatever just go get there? that's gonna be complicated....

damn, i actually played that machida scenario in my head. so hendo being hurt was true and of course sonnen is crazy enough to call dana about fighting jones

EDIT: reading yt comments on dana announcing the cancellation. so many people are mad at jones no idea why other than turning down the sonnen fight....ok listening to it further, looks like jones knew the event would be cancelled if he didn't accept. not exactly something that is going to quell the haters. greg jackson strikes again...."greg jackson should never be interviewed again, except by a psychologist"

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-23-2012 at 04:36 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #1565
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,465
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

This is entirely and fully on Dana. Dana is an idiot. I feel bad for the people who bought tickets and the othe fighters on the card but you can't keep acting like the head of a small promotion.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #1566
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,387
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
ufc 151 cancelled
henderson partial mcl tear

jones facing machida at ufc 152

sonnen accepted a fight with jones for ufc 151 date, but jones turned it down
Accepted? meaning Dana approved it?

So let me get this straight... Dana wouldn't allow Nick Diaz to move up to 185 and fight Anderson but would allow Chael to move up to 205 and fight Jones?!?!?! In what F*cking universe does that make sense? He said it himself.... IT'S STUPIDITY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70zog8UXg8

Diaz just came off from a loss, so did Chael. WTF
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #1567
jaydacris
Al
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 20,401
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Accepted? meaning Dana approved it?

So let me get this straight... Dana wouldn't allow Nick Diaz to move up to 185 and fight Anderson but would allow Chael to move up to 205 and fight Jones?!?!?! In what F*cking universe does that make sense? He said it himself.... IT'S STUPIDITY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70zog8UXg8

Diaz just came off from a loss, so did Chael. WTF
Two completely different scenarios. Chael volunteered to step in and face Jones.
Last time I checked Silva isn't scheduled to fight and didn't lose his opponent on 8 days notice.
And chael isn't suspend right now.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #1568
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,465
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I'm absolutely shocked that people are mad at jones about this
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #1569
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,923
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

honestly, they're both at fault. dana needs to stop making these 'one fight' cards where if something happens to the main event, the entire card is in peril. jones shouldn't turn down fights just because a guy is undeserving at the moment. no one likes when champions do that. he has the right do give his input, but he has to expect backlash. now the undercard guys all have to stop what they're doing and regroup.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #1570
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,387
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Two completely different scenarios. Chael volunteered to step in and face Jones.
Last time I checked Silva isn't scheduled to fight and didn't lose his opponent on 8 days notice.
And chael isn't suspend right now.
But you said it yourself, Sonnen accepted the fight. Meaning the offer was accepted by the UFC and Chael.

It still wouldn't make any sense if it'll happen.

Bottom line - Chael is coming off from a loss.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #1571
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,465
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
honestly, they're both at fault. dana needs to stop making these 'one fight' cards where if something happens to the main event, the entire card is in peril. jones shouldn't turn down fights just because a guy is undeserving at the moment. no one likes when champions do that. he has the right do give his input, but he has to expect backlash. now the undercard guys all have to stop what they're doing and regroup.
He's the champ. He has nothing to gain by taking a fight on this short notice. And if sonnen ever does deserve a title shot it would be stupid to waste it now, without the proper build.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #1572
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 12,942
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Dana is coming off like a real bitch about this. He's completely throwing Jones under the bus and is calling Greg Jackson, a "fuckin' sport killer". If you didn't make the rest of the card so weak, then you could have just changed the ME, but since there's no other fight on the card close to being ME status, they had to cancel. Apparently, other fighters turned it down and only Sonnen was willing to step up (too bad he shouldn't have even been considered), but let's only get on Jones for turning down the fight? What about the other guys unwilling to step in?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #1573
DropStep
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 869
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I love how people are taking sides. UFC vs Jones. Honestly it has to do with injuries. Almost every division has been clogged up by injuries, steriod allegations and rematches. Its kind of disrespectful to Jones to gave him a guy who hasn't fought in the division. Jones stood up for himself the UFC should atleast be understanding if they are a professional company.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #1574
jaydacris
Al
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 20,401
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

" UFC 151 will be remembered as the event Jon Jones and Greg Jackson murdered." - that's what UFC included in their official press statement.

Pretty terrible. Trying their hardest to villainize Jones and solely Jones and his camp to divert any bad attention away from ufc and Dana white.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #1575
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,465
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
" UFC 151 will be remembered as the event Jon Jones and Greg Jackson murdered." - that's what UFC included in their official press statement.

Pretty terrible. Trying their hardest to villainize Jones and solely Jones and his camp to divert any bad attention away from ufc and Dana white.
Which is retarded because jones is the most marketable guy in the sport
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy