Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1576
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I seriously can't believe people on here are actually in favor of Diaz fighting against Silva. I guess having it be a legitimate sport means nothing to people. Might as well bring in JCVD to fight Silva.
I'd like it to happen just to see Diaz beaten the hell up. Let it happen once and let him "retire" once again out of childish frustration.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #1577
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Its not saying much that Diaz did better numbers then the at the time Lightweight champion?And the Featherweight champion

Yep. The lighter weights aren't draws. Penn is pretty much the only fighter under WW to draw. As I already stated, Penn/Diaz did about the same numbers as Penn/Fitch.

Quote:
10k less which pretty much the same shit.Diaz vs Penn had Kongo vs Mitrione as a co main event and also had Roy Nelson vs Cro Cop.Decent Card at best.

HWs draw interest.

Quote:
Shogun vs Henderson had Wanderlei Silva vs Cung Le

2 old guys way past their primes. Both guy have lost much of their appeal.

Quote:
and Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles another decent to pretty good card.

The smaller weights don't draw. UFC 149 only did 235,000.

Quote:
Why would someone who didnt fight on the card have an effect on the card?400k people didnt buy Diaz vs Condit to watch GSP sit in the front row

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/9/...00000-ppv-buys
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/p...event/619176/1

Not totally because of GSP, but he had a part. Do you think Condit is a bigger draw than Penn or something? This would be the first time that Nick has shown drawing power.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #1578
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

erick silva vs jon fitch added to ufc 153:o
card is looking niiicceee..

i think if silva beats fitch, he's prly only one fight, two fights max away from a title shot.

i wonder if ufc would put silva vs macdonald, if both win their fights
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #1579
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So apparently the winner of Shogun-Vera gets the next title shot.

Although I'm a big Shogun fan, I don't really see why either would deserve it. Shogun was dominated by Jones not too long ago and is coming off a loss (although it should've been scored a draw, IMO). And it's friggin Brandon Vera. How much hype can you build up for the slaughter that would be Jones vs Vera? Maybe if Hendo pulls off a miracle upset. I'd love to see him and Shogun fight again. Still though, neither deserve it yet.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #1580
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if vera wins at best he should have to fight someone like gustaffson

agreed with above. not sure why vera is being granted a ridiculous fast track to the title by dana and the ufc brass
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 AM   #1581
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Since when has Nick been a big draw?

Quote:

Not totally because of GSP, but he had a part. Do you think Condit is a bigger draw than Penn or something? This would be the first time that Nick has shown drawing power.

I guess since today.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #1582
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i would rather see machida fight jones again. i know jones finished him convincingly but at least machida created some problems in the first round and some of the second round. i also think that cut really bothered machida. vera? meh
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #1583
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i would rather see machida fight jones again. i know jones finished him convincingly but at least machida created some problems in the first round and some of the second round. i also think that cut really bothered machida. vera? meh
i'd definitely like to see the dragon get a rematch, assuming it's merited. machida has been the only man to take a round off of jones, since... since... when, exactly? has jones even lost one other round in his whole UFC run?

better yet, let's just cut to the chase. give jones a couple beatable HW opponents, let him get comfortable fighting there, give him time to bulk up, and then let's see how much noise he could make climbing the ladder. at this point there's virtually no point in him fighting at LHW, being as utterly dominant as he is...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #1584
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'd definitely like to see the dragon get a rematch, assuming it's merited. machida has been the only man to take a round off of jones, since... since... when, exactly? has jones even lost one other round in his whole UFC run?
That's a serious case of disrespect for Matt Hamill and his win over Jones!

Matt is disappointed in you.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #1585
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
So apparently the winner of Shogun-Vera gets the next title shot.

Although I'm a big Shogun fan, I don't really see why either would deserve it. Shogun was dominated by Jones not too long ago and is coming off a loss (although it should've been scored a draw, IMO). And it's friggin Brandon Vera. How much hype can you build up for the slaughter that would be Jones vs Vera? Maybe if Hendo pulls off a miracle upset. I'd love to see him and Shogun fight again. Still though, neither deserve it yet.
its only if shogun wins in impresive fashion, otherwise it goes to the bader vs machida wimmer. Vera is not in the running, but weird indeed since jones just merked all 4 of them. I say just give it to Gus or maybe lil nog with one more win
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 AM   #1586
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That's a serious case of disrespect for Matt Hamill and his win over Jones!

Matt is disappointed in you.
lol... completely forgot about the time matt hamill destroyed jon jones. boy, is my face red. :P
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:02 AM   #1587
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

wow just read sherdog, and its either vera or shogun next in line, shogun i can partially understand but vera? brandon fckin Vera? i filipino and support vera and mark munoz in there fights , but common dana have u lost it?
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:42 AM   #1588
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems like they just stopped putting any effort into awarding title shots anymore... There will be some groans if it's Shogun, but there will be a lot of WTFs if it's Vera.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #1589
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jon Jones on the announced announcement about the Shogun - Vera winner getting the next title shot.

Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #1590
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tito Ortiz was on Joe Rogan Experience Podcast earlier.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24384542

If yall like it... watch the Podcast with Eddie Bravo and Joey Diaz.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: