Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #1591
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Silva's manager Ed Soares says no to Jon Jones, uninterested in weidman. But he is open to a nick Diaz fight.....
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1592
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Silva's manager Ed Soares says no to Jon Jones, uninterested in weidman. But he is open to a nick Diaz fight.....

Votes for a Fatal 4 way

Jones vs Silva vs Diaz vs weidman
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1593
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

weidman: don't be scared, homie
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1594
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Jackass ain't gonna like dis.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #1595
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

That's good, make it look like Silva is ducking competition...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #1596
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

silva is on the bubble for me- he has the chance to be the greatest fighter in MMA history, but he's not there yet. these next few matchups will be the key, but fedor emelianenko is still the greatest of all time.

granted that MMA and fights in general are skewed towards heavyweight in terms of name fights, but here's what we know- a small, pudgy dude from a tiny russian village absolutely destroyed the best HW fighters for almost a whole decade. yet even so, his best fights were the ones in which he escaped certain defeat and kept pulling the fight out against bigger, stronger competition. which is very much what made him so great, IMO.

now cut to anderson silva... an absolutely awesome, legendary fighter IMO, but not in the same class as fedor. i mean, anderson is a dude who is typically bigger, quicker and more skillful than his opponents. the best of all time by conventional measures. yet fedor is the dude who was pure magic, doing what should not have been possible, over and over again. i mean, there is no way a small dude like fedor should have been able to beat the best HW in the world (prime big nog), yet he did it twice. there is no way such a fat little dude who gets cut easy should have been able to destroy top competition thrown against him at the time, yet that's what happened. i mean, anderson silva is amazing, but fedor was unholy magic, regardless of the arguments about who was running the show and who was slated to go against him.

but as always, i'm just some asshole with an opinion about MMA. same as usual.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #1597
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nope, gotta go with Silva.

Vera did well at HW. Couture fought part of his career at LHW and was still able to win the HW belt 3 times. HW has only been a thin division. And, let's not forget that Fedor lost to Hendo while Silva choked him out in the 2nd round.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #1598
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Nope, gotta go with Silva.

Vera did well at HW. Couture fought part of his career at LHW and was still able to win the HW belt 3 times. HW has only been a thin division. And, let's not forget that Fedor lost to Hendo while Silva choked him out in the 2nd round.
putting our obvious differences aside, who would you say are alternate candidates for best MM artist of all time?

couture? gracie? lidell? GSP? ken shamrock?

pretty sure i'm forgetting some obvious names, but i only started following this sport a few years ago. but it's a weird sport in that it's both ancient as the hills yet only official as the last 20 years or so.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #1599
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
putting our obvious differences aside, who would you say are alternate candidates for best MM artist of all time?

pretty sure i'm forgetting some obvious names, but i only started following this sport a few years ago. but it's a weird sport in that it's both ancient as the hills yet only official as the last 20 years or so.

lidell is up there but as far as americans, i'd rank henderson first. his pride days were incredible and he's finished an impressive list of all-time greats. i also think you have to rank other pride guys way up there. shogun during his grand prix looked like a straight beast. he was knocking guys on their back and finishing them with vicious and accurate gnp and his kicks were the most feared in that division at the time. you also have to consider wanderlei. i'm honestly surprised that guy is still going and not going to sleep as soon as his chin gets touched. he's been through some wars.

i'm definitely with you in the fedor as goat camp. unfortunately for fedor, his management really screwed up the chance to cement him more as goat in the last few years. fedor is loyal to a fault and that's why he stuck with them and still mostly trains with his old sparring partners. i also think fedor having a child changed his mindset a bit. whatever though, his legacy is set imo. i'd have no problem with people that would argue for silva...as far as i'm concerned, they're basically 1a and 1b.

jones can enter the convo if he moves up to HW later and wins on that level as well.

dana is adamant that we'll see more dominant fighters come along over the next couple decades as the sport gets more popular. i'm not sure i agree completely though. i still think it has a way to weed guys out and some folks will be concerned with possible concussion issues. also, it would assuredly make it more competitive so who's to say the titles won't get passed around more like a hot potato when there's less of a gap between skill levels?

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-02-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #1600
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

Silva and Fedor are the only 2 in the discussion.

Quote:

GSP is the only one of those in the ballpark, but you don't know how he'll be after that major injury, so he might not be able to climb into the discussion. If Hendo could do something crazy like beat Jon Jones, then beat the HW champ, then he'd be in the discussion, too.

It's too early in the sport's history to really have much of an all-time greatest list.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #1601
Jackass18
The Iron Price

"I can tell you this, not theoretically Diaz/Anderson is not going to happen," he said. "That's just ridiculous."

"Nick Diaz makes no sense," he said. "I know that sounds fun. Yeah! Throw Nick Diaz in there! If you really look at the thing, Nick Diaz just lost to Condit at 170, so that gives him the opportunity to move up to 185 and fight the pound-for-pound best in the world? In what [expletive] universe does that make sense?"

Thank you, Dana.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #1602
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
"I can tell you this, not theoretically Diaz/Anderson is not going to happen," he said. "That's just ridiculous."

"Nick Diaz makes no sense," he said. "I know that sounds fun. Yeah! Throw Nick Diaz in there! If you really look at the thing, Nick Diaz just lost to Condit at 170, so that gives him the opportunity to move up to 185 and fight the pound-for-pound best in the world? In what [expletive] universe does that make sense?"

Thank you, Dana.
Lol I saw that vid.... cracked me up a lil
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #1603
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dana, you bein a real f*ggot right now.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #1604
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

weidman, gsp or shogun would all interest me.

if belcher and bisping both win, they should have a #1 contender fight
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #1605
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Dana, you bein a real f*ggot right now.
Everyone knew that it would be foolish to have Nick fight Silva wtf

And people complained about the winner of Shogun/Vera gets a title shot
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: