Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #1771
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
hey, let's be serious. tell that to their landlords and bill-collectors who want their money NOW. you know how that kind of thing goes in RL?

many of these mid-tier and lower-tier UFC guys have gone all-in for the sport. they train their asses off like few in any sport do and don't have remotely the kinds of guaranteed contracts and insurance that many others do. for most of them, they budget absolutely everything around a scheduled card, and the unseen dreadful elephant in the room is typically the issue of whetherr or not they have the terrible luck to get injured on their way to fight night. notwithstanding the fact that DFW always expects them to go hard and entertain the fans or ELSE. but dude, having a whole card canceled goes beyond any of that... it's unprecedented in UFC history and is a terrible blow for many of the individual fighters for many reasons, most of which revolve around budgeting money in a timely fashion. do you know what i mean?

anyway, these things tend to be the primary reasons why so many UFC fighters are pissed at jones right now. it's not some kind of mystery IME, but it's how people feel.

oh and BTW, re: your previous comments about edgar and fedor and all--

granted, i'll give you and brendo the first fight and i probably misspoke about that, so my apologies. on the other hand, i sincerely don't know what you're smoking to think that bendo came off better in the rematch if you're going by the body of people who actually watched the fight. starting with the UFC broadcast team to EVERY SINGLE fight coverage org i checked, from ESPN, BE, MMF, MMJ and anyone and everyone in-between, the body of experts and fellow fighters thought that EDGAR WON THE FIGHT, albeit very closely. i'll certify that as a fact as much as anything that you might ever ask me to guarantee. so i have absolutely no idea what data you're looking at, other than one fight-metric site in particular, i.e. fightmetric.com. which as i've pointed out to you before, is NOT the godfather of fight metric sites. which is also kind of irrelevant in this case, since the blows did come down to being virtually equal no matter what the stat site.

re: the fedor criticism,
after a certain point it's hard to know what a person is aiming for sometimes. i'm talking about you, here. i mean, one thing i've noticed is that a poster can agree with you 99% and yet you'll frequently jump in to point out the most microscopic of differences between the two of you. seriously, you seem to relish nitpicking the most trivial of differences, building these weird, elaborate posts in which you quote people sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph, laboriously pointing out every single way in which that person is wrong and you're right.

so in the end, what is the point of debating anything with you? you're so fixated on telling people that they're wrong about something, anything, that it all tends to become irrelevant. so we're sitting here debating about how badly fedor lost the bigfoot fight.... was it by an inch? was it by a mile? doesn't some part of you concede the fact that there was a pattern going on? don't you get the idea that it was probably fedor's worst loss, ever, or can you go beyond your love of nitpicking and actually find one which was worse?

hey, jackass... don't get me wrong. you are definitely someone who knows their MMA shit in many ways and is definitely smarter than i am about certain MMA stuff. but i seriously don't get how and why you love to argue so much sometimes over the most microscopic of differences. it just gets kind of ridiculous sometimes IMO.

Dana could have dropped the price of the ppv, could have tried to move it to tv or could have cut those fighters a check since they get paid pennies compared to what the UFC makes off of them. All blame should lay squarely on Dana's shoulders. Hell he could have tried to then make a Machida vs Sonnen main event if Bones didn't want to go on short notice, after all he asked both guys to fight Bones. The next logical step is to see if they would fight each other.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #1772
gigantes
‪ ‪

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Dana could have dropped the price of the ppv, could have tried to move it to tv or could have cut those fighters a check since they get paid pennies compared to what the UFC makes off of them. All blame should lay squarely on Dana's shoulders. Hell he could have tried to then make a Machida vs Sonnen main event if Bones didn't want to go on short notice, after all he asked both guys to fight Bones. The next logical step is to see if they would fight each other.
i said all that already. many other fine people said the same thing before me. then you quoted my entire long-assed post about a variety of subjects in order to focus on the one point relevant to you, for some reason that only you and god know about.

question is-- are you dyslexic, have problems with reading comprehension, or are stoned out of your mind such that the last reply you read on a subject looks like the first reply ever made?

just curious.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #1773
Brujesino
BoGawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
It doesnt just lie on Dana and the UFC's shoulder.Its true that that card was weak ass shit but people are expecting Jon Jones to be on that card.People were expecting for the LHW title belt to be defended.Why would you put on a fight between two fighters who are not the LHW champion and who have not had a a full training camp and are not in shape?Why is the champ deciding not to fight when its his job to fight?

This is the same guy who never said he would ever turn down a fight but he did.

This is a guy that said he doesnt live a life of luxury but bought a a 2012 bentley.

This is the same guy that said he is a "good comapany man" and would never get a DUI.

This dude is a fraud.Chael P Sonnen LHW champion
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #1774
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
hey, let's be serious. tell that to their landlords and bill-collectors who want their money NOW. you know how that kind of thing goes in RL?

many of these mid-tier and lower-tier UFC guys have gone all-in for the sport. they train their asses off like few in any sport do and don't have remotely the kinds of guaranteed contracts and insurance that many others do. for most of them, they budget absolutely everything around a scheduled card, and the unseen dreadful elephant in the room is typically the issue of whetherr or not they have the terrible luck to get injured on their way to fight night. notwithstanding the fact that DFW always expects them to go hard and entertain the fans or ELSE. but dude, having a whole card canceled goes beyond any of that... it's unprecedented in UFC history and is a terrible blow for many of the individual fighters for many reasons, most of which revolve around budgeting money in a timely fashion. do you know what i mean?

They're not starving. They're not going to go homeless just because 1 paycheck was pushed back a couple weeks. There are a lot of fighters who have fought in other orgs who made far less who have actually been screwed around. Hell, even one of the top orgs, Strikeforce, used to dick a number of their fighters around. Due to all the injuries the past couple years, a lot of fights have changed, been moved around, and some even called off. It's happened frequently, just not this many fights at 1 time. It's an unfortunate event, but it wasn't Jones' fault. How can you blame him solely for that event getting cancelled? And as someone else put it, it's not his sole responsibility to save the event.

Quote:
anyway, these things tend to be the primary reasons why so many UFC fighters are pissed at jones right now. it's not some kind of mystery IME, but it's how people feel.

That's because they're too scared to stand up to Dana White. It's much, much easier for them to jump on the Jones as scapegoat bandwagon than it is to level criticism at their bosses.

Quote:
on the other hand, i sincerely don't know what you're smoking to think that bendo came off better in the rematch if you're going by the body of people who actually watched the fight.

Who are you referring to? I said most had it either as a tie or for Edgar.

Quote:
i mean, one thing i've noticed is that a poster can agree with you 99% and yet you'll frequently jump in to point out the most microscopic of differences between the two of you. seriously, you seem to relish nitpicking the most trivial of differences, building these weird, elaborate posts in which you quote people sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph, laboriously pointing out every single way in which that person is wrong and you're right.

Well, if I see something I disagree with and/or want to debate about, then yeah, I may very well respond to it. I've noticed something, too. Many people on the Internet don't like it when you disagree with them about anything. It's like they take it way too personally and can't stand it whenever anyone disagrees with them about anything. Come on, If you see something in one of my posts that you think is stupid, odd or you disagree with, then respond to it. I'm not going to turn into an emo about it. I just found it odd that you called that a decisive loss. If I see something I find strange, then yeah, I may very well respond to it. If someone said something like, "Well, Machida did go 1-1 against Shogun", then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to respond to that, but I probably would. I'd chime in and say something about how 99.9% of the the people who saw it knew who really won both fights.

Quote:
so in the end, what is the point of debating anything with you?

Then, what's the point of debating anything with anyone if you don't want them to respond to things they disagree with or find odd?

Quote:
you're so fixated on telling people that they're wrong about something, anything, that it all tends to become irrelevant.

I'm not fixated on such. Believe me, there's a lot of stuff I could nitpick about.

Quote:
so we're sitting here debating about how badly fedor lost the bigfoot fight.... was it by an inch? was it by a mile? doesn't some part of you concede the fact that there was a pattern going on? don't you get the idea that it was probably fedor's worst loss, ever, or can you go beyond your love of nitpicking and actually find one which was worse?

You said it was a decisive victory and I disagreed with it because it wasn't, you know, a decisive victory. I found it odd you called it such. He could have continued. He was up and ready to go. Bigfoot looked like he was out of gas, and there's a good chance that Fedor could have won. Koscheck got punched in the eye for an extra 4 rounds while Fedor doesn't even get 1? Fedor's worst loss wasn't him tapping out in a minute or getting TKO'd by a MW/LHW, but in a fight he probably could have won had he been given a chance?

Quote:
but i seriously don't get how and why you love to argue so much sometimes over the most microscopic of differences. it just gets kind of ridiculous sometimes IMO.

So, you seriously don't like it when someone takes issue with anything you post?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #1775
gigantes
‪ ‪

Quote:
So, you seriously don't like it when someone takes issue with anything you post?
haha. you were doing fine until then but couldn't resist that one extra shot, could you?

you're okay, jackass. you, brujesino, blacknapalm and many others know your MMA stuff more than me. that's the kind of thing that keeps bringing me back to this thread amidst thousands of embarrassing sherdog-type threads sprayed all over the net like an army of stray dogs in heat.

but i do like playing catchup and trying to make a good point now and then. all part of the fun and part of the game.

anyway, to address your main point, i definitely like to debate if there's a point behind the arguing. like say we're neck-and-neck, 50-50 running down the precious truth... isn't that the very moment to throw every xmas log in to the fire? but then, say we're 75-25 and i feel i'm on the "75" end against someone who doesn't give up even when his arm is bent in to a pretzel or two. what is the bloody point? for me there is none. i made my point, the other guy is too proud to recognise it, and i got other things to do than to convince him of that, sorry to say. it's the internet, and i know for sure we've all been there...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #1776
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Hitler finds out about UFC 151 cancellation

This shit is funny every time
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #1777
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

New specialty at Chael's pizza place

[IMG]ll-media.tmz.com/2012/08/25/0825-cheal-pizza-3.jpg[/IMG]

edit - my phone ****s up links, just copy it...

Last edited by jamal99 : 08-26-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #1778
SourPatchKids
Banned

Enter The Dragon: Part 2 is coming.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #1779
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

kinda late on this but belcher injured with a spinal fracture so no ufc 153 for him. damn, dude is always getting hurt. honestly, the mw division is so thin near the top, it only takes 1-2 injuries to throw everything off
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #1780
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

I love to see Dan Severn or some veteran MMA Fighter replace Dana White. White looks like an arrogant prick in his interviews.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #1781
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I love to see Dan Severn or some veteran MMA Fighter replace Dana White. White looks like an arrogant prick in his interviews.

you seriously come up with some of the most random comments. yes, severn...he was always known as a press conference and savvy, friendly guy with his one sentence answers.

i like severn but i never ONCE thought, 'hey, this guy should totally replace dana'
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #1782
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
you seriously come up with some of the most random comments. yes, severn...he was always known as a press conference and savvy, friendly guy with his one sentence answers.

i like severn but i never ONCE thought, 'hey, this guy should totally replace dana'
actually a good guy to probably replace Dana would be Guy Mezger since he has already worked with the UFC and already worked for the defunct HDNET fights. But if we have to stay with the UFC I dont get why Lorenzo just becomes the front man? Im also guessing the two Fertita bros really like Dana wether he acts kinda crazy sometimes.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1783
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
You gotta be shitting me
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #1784
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
ya, i don't tend to believe that either. if the card was that imminent in getting pulled, i don't think ufc waits two weeks to notify all parties. they have hendo checked out right away. chael found out about hendo's injury before other fighters and media did? dana secretly met up with chael to prepare him for a fight? then concocted the idea to spring it on jones 9 days before the PPV? that's quite the conspiracy theory.

chael went after jones simply because he's champ and has succeeded in talking himself into the title fights and selling the fight with sound bytes along the way. it's nothing more and nothing less. when he started talking smack is coincidental.

oh and belfort is looking ripped again:

Vitor looks like he's down wit the TRT again...

Page looks full

Aldo looks meh

Koch looks lost

Glover looks hungry...

sorry Page.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #1785
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Looks like Jones stopped following Dana on twitter