Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #1801
Brujo
Father give me legs

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Was he a good company man when he was roiding?
When was he roiding?
Brujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #1802
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujo
When was he roiding?
He tested positive after the first silva figh meaning he was roiding in training for it. There is no reason anyone should ever be a fan of that pos.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #1803
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
He tested positive after the first silva figh meaning he was roiding in training for it. There is no reason anyone should ever be a fan of that pos.

Somebody get this man "The Voice Of Reason"
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #1804
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Tyrone Spong will have his MMA debut on 3rd November for organization MMA World Series of Fighting.
Sooo stoked about this!

There's talk they might be on NBC Sports Network. The name sounds a bit cheesy to me, World Series of Fighting. World Series of Fighting?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #1805
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Was he a good company man when he was roiding?

Sonnen is a liar, a cheater and a convicted felon. Oddly enough, he's going to came away from this with a better image than Jon Jones. All Sonnen did was accept a fight he never even should have been considered for. Somehow, Sonnen looks like a hero while other guys who also would have accepted are ignored.

LOL at someone calling him a good company man for this. He accepted a fight he didn't deserve and shouldn't even have been considered for. He got handed a wonderful opportunity on a silver platter.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:24 AM   #1806
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Sonnen is a liar, a cheater and a convicted felon. Oddly enough, he's going to came away from this with a better image than Jon Jones. All Sonnen did was accept a fight he never even should have been considered for. Somehow, Sonnen looks like a hero while other guys who also would have accepted are ignored.
And somehow jones is a villain but the other guys who refused that fight are ignored. It makes no sense to me.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #1807
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

I said he was a good company man because Dana asked him to stop humiliating Jones and he did.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:32 AM   #1808
Brujo
Father give me legs

Quote:

LOL at someone calling him a good company man for this. He accepted a fight he didn't deserve and shouldn't even have been considered for. He got handed a wonderful opportunity on a silver platter.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...650&h=440&q=75

Last edited by Brujo : 08-31-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #1809
Brujo
Father give me legs

Quote:
And somehow jones is a villain but the other guys who refused that fight are ignored. It makes no sense to me.
Jones was ready to go had a 10 training camp and was healthy.Everyone else had 8 days notice to fight on september 1st.Jon Jones had months to prepare to fight on that day.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #1810
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:

I used to like Sonnen for his comedic value, but now I am starting to hate him as a person. He is a complete douche with no morals. Trying to make Jon Jones seem like a bitch is too damn low.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #1811
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I used to like Sonnen for his comedic value, but now I am starting to hate him as a person. He is a complete douche with no morals. Trying to make Jon Jones seem like a bitch is too damn low.

Yeah, Jones doesn't need help doing that.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #1812
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Hes playing a character. Just like Floyd mayweather does in boxing. The problem is he doesn't have Floyd's skills. He's not an elite or even great fighter. He's a very good fighter who can't finish anyone. Honestly he's the middleweight version of Jon Fitch except Fitch is a little better.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #1813
Brujo
Father give me legs

Quote:
what?

Sonnen trashed the country of brazil and made of fun of their little kids playing the mud BUT calling jon jones out to fight is too much for you?

His trash talk to jones has been very very mild.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #1814
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujo
Jones was ready to go had a 10 training camp and was healthy.Everyone else had 8 days notice to fight on september 1st.Jon Jones had months to prepare to fight on that day.
Yeah but he was prepped to fight a completely different fighter. I think he'd have smoked chael but there was no reason for him to take that fight.

This exposed a bigger problem the UFC is facing. The reason the UFC/Mma has gained so much on boxing in the last few years is that their cards aren't nearly as shallow as boxing cards. This helps prevent can backlash when you end up with a flash ko or a bad fight in the main event because the whole card is worthwhile. For the last year or so, Dana has gotten away from that philosophy and gone with one fight cards and this time it bit him in the ass bu he won't man up and admit it was his fault
Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #1815
Brujo
Father give me legs

Quote:
Hes playing a character. Just like Floyd mayweather does in boxing. The problem is he doesn't have Floyd's skills. He's not an elite or even great fighter. He's a very good fighter who can't finish anyone. Honestly he's the middleweight version of Jon Fitch except Fitch is a little better.
Finished Brain Stann Plus fitch just lays on people Sonnen actually punches.

Not having power is different from not throwing punches.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: