Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #1906
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Really??? What purpose does that serve?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #1907
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Entertainment
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #1908
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
ufc 153

anderson silva is fighting stephan bonnar at 153
glover vs fabio maldonadao

imagine if silva loses
I would love to see Silva lose just to throw everything into chaos. I like Silva but that would be too funny.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #1909
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I would love to see Silva lose just to throw everything into chaos. I like Silva but that would be too funny.

Exactly what I was thinking

Dana White would grow a full head of hair just so he could pull it all out if Silva lost a random meaningless fight. Esp with him completely banking on this GSP/Silva superfight next year to save the company after this horrible year
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #1910
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
I hate silva's btchass. Jon Jones all day.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #1911
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
ufc 153

anderson silva is fighting stephan bonnar at 153
glover vs fabio maldonadao

imagine if silva loses

The UFC and Dana White are really losing it lately. I realize they can't do anything about injuries, but making a fight like Silva vs. Bonner is laughable, and the Athletic Commission shouldn't even allow it.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #1912
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

other than GSP - condit, i have no idea if there's a single champion vs. challenger or contender vs. contender match with the slightest bit of relevancy going on in the next six months.

dana white is a black belt at something. at this point i'd pay money to see him get his ass kicked over seeing most of the mediocre cards he's trying to peddle... pre-injury or post-injury, no matter.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #1913
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Really??? What purpose does that serve?
Get Silva used to fighting at LHW with a fight vs a non-contender, then a contender, and assuming he wins those you have the JJ superfight. If that's the plan I like it.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #1914
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Get Silva used to fighting at LHW with a fight vs a non-contender, then a contender, and assuming he wins those you have the JJ superfight. If that's the plan I like it.

silva's fought LHW's at catchweight. i don't think this fight will be really different. doubt either jones or silva want to fight each other...already on the record for being against that. they have way more to lose than gain in that scenario. i think gsp vs. silva is more likely (though not the one i'd rather see)
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #1915
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Couple of things, one silva has fought much better lhws then Stephan bonnar. That serves no purpose to get him used to the weight.

As for jones vs silva as much as I love and respect silva, I just don't see how that fight is competitive. I know it's not a super fight anymore because he's no longer champ but I'd love to see silva vs a healthy rua though
Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #1916
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
silva's fought LHW's at catchweight. i don't think this fight will be really different. doubt either jones or silva want to fight each other...already on the record for being against that. they have way more to lose than gain in that scenario. i think gsp vs. silva is more likely (though not the one i'd rather see)
Silva and Jones would be around the same size. If Silva fights GSP he's just cutting pounds for the weigh-in and then fights him at 4 inches taller. GSP would get beat simply because he gets dominated physically. Jones' long arms would be an edge (they always are) but the overall sizes could be close. Plus White is pissed at JJ over 151 and may be looking to find someone that can really threaten him. Silva and Jones may not be given a choice in the matter, much like how Silva didn't want to give Sonnen a rematch.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #1917
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Silva and Jones would be around the same size. If Silva fights GSP he's just cutting pounds for the weigh-in and then fights him at 4 inches taller. GSP would get beat simply because he gets dominated physically. Jones' long arms would be an edge (they always are) but the overall sizes could be close. Plus White is pissed at JJ over 151 and may be looking to find someone that can really threaten him. Silva and Jones may not be given a choice in the matter, much like how Silva didn't want to give Sonnen a rematch.
There is at least as big a size gap between silva/jones as there is between gsp/silva. Honestly I think silva is closer to gsp size wise than jones
Old 09-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1918
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Couple of things, one silva has fought much better lhws then Stephan bonnar. That serves no purpose to get him used to the weight.
I don't see any other reason for him to be fighting Bonnar. Bonnar isn't even close to Henderson or Sonnen and Silva is moving up weight class to face him. Why wouldn't they find a better fighter otherwise?

Quote:
As for jones vs silva as much as I love and respect silva, I just don't see how that fight is competitive. I know it's not a super fight anymore because he's no longer champ but I'd love to see silva vs a healthy rua though
Silva would be the underdog vs. Jones but don't forget the legacy he has as arguably the greatest fighter of all time. Even if the fight isn't what we'd hope it to be it'd be the most-watched fight UFC could possibly make.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #1919
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
There is at least as big a size gap between silva/jones as there is between gsp/silva. Honestly I think silva is closer to gsp size wise than jones
Jones/Silva is 2 inches in height vs. the 4 inches between Silva and GSP. Silva could carry an LHW's 205 and still be in great shape and flexible.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #1920
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
I don't see any other reason for him to be fighting Bonnar. Bonnar isn't even close to Henderson or Sonnen and Silva is moving up weight class to face him. Why wouldn't they find a better fighter otherwise?

Silva would be the underdog vs. Jones but don't forget the legacy he has as arguably the greatest fighter of all time. Even if the fight isn't what we'd hope it to be it'd be the most-watched fight UFC could possibly make.
Bonnar honestly isnt that much worse than chael. That said the fight still doesn't make sense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: