Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #1921
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Jones/Silva is 2 inches in height vs. the 4 inches between Silva and GSP. Silva could carry an LHW's 205 and still be in great shape and flexible.
GSP's wingspan is crazy for his height @ 76 inches, Silva 77.5 and Jones 84.5. So there is inch and a half between GSP and Silva while there is 7 inches between Silva and Jones...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #1922
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
GSP's wingspan is crazy for his height @ 76 inches, Silva 77.5 and Jones 84.5. So there is inch and a half between GSP and Silva while there is 7 inches between Silva and Jones...
A fair point that I didn't know that makes me see it a little more your way. But with Silva going up to face Bonnar the Jones fight still seems more likely.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #1923
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
A fair point that I didn't know that makes me see it a little more your way. But with Silva going up to face Bonnar the Jones fight still seems more likely.
I'd like to see both matches, but I think that Jones would be too much for Silva. Bigger, great wrestler, huge wingspan while Anderson always had reach advantage at MW. He is skilled enough to pull off an upset because of his amazing striking and elusiveness, but chances are not on his side imo...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #1924
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Bonnar honestly isnt that much worse than chael. That said the fight still doesn't make sense.

Chael is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. Bonnar sucks at everything.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #1925
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I'd like to see both matches, but I think that Jones would be too much for Silva. Bigger, great wrestler, huge wingspan while Anderson always had reach advantage at MW. He is skilled enough to pull off an upset because of his amazing striking and elusiveness, but chances are not on his side imo...
I'd like to see both but given Silvas age and the huge difference in sizes he'd need to be to fight each it's one or the other
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #1926
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Chael is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. Bonnar sucks at everything.
What do you consider one of the best? Top 10? Top 20? Top 100? In terms of overall Mma, im not sure he's top ten
Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #1927
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is there a better wrestler at middleweight? Can't think of one off the top of my head.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #1928
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I don't see any other reason for him to be fighting Bonnar. Bonnar isn't even close to Henderson or Sonnen and Silva is moving up weight class to face him. Why wouldn't they find a better fighter otherwise?

the MW division is thin and so much of the roster is injured. there's not many more opponents left for him. it's a pretty craptacular fight but what are you gonna do? i'd much rather see weidman vs silva, but weidman already has a fight scheduled. i believe this has more to do with not having a read opponent for silva than trying to 'prime' him for LHW. he's fought LHW guys before...better than bonnar as well.

Quote:
Silva would be the underdog vs. Jones but don't forget the legacy he has as arguably the greatest fighter of all time. Even if the fight isn't what we'd hope it to be it'd be the most-watched fight UFC could possibly make.

and he'd have so much to lose. dana can't force fighters to fight...he even said so himself. would it be a unification title fight? silva could possibly lose his first fight in ufc. there's something about protecting that part of his legacy as well. neither of those guys have interest in fighting each other.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #1929
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
the MW division is thin and so much of the roster is injured. there's not many more opponents left for him. it's a pretty craptacular fight but what are you gonna do? i'd much rather see weidman vs silva, but weidman already has a fight scheduled. i believe this has more to do with not having a read opponent for silva than trying to 'prime' him for LHW. he's fought LHW guys before...better than bonnar as well.
I just don't see any other reason to have him fight Bonnar.To me it doesn't make much sense, just more sense than any other reason.
Quote:
and he'd have so much to lose. dana can't force fighters to fight...he even said so himself. would it be a unification title fight? silva could possibly lose his first fight in ufc. there's something about protecting that part of his legacy as well. neither of those guys have interest in fighting each other.
However he did it, White got Silva to face Sonnen again when he didn't want to give him a shot. I'm not an expert here but I'm pretty sure that when the UFC wants to give a top Contender a title shot the Champ can't refuse him forever. Plus as prize fighters Jones and Silva will agree to any opponent if you throw enough $ at them.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #1930
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Anderson is only a 13-1 favorite...
Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #1931
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
What do you consider one of the best? Top 10? Top 20? Top 100? In terms of overall Mma, im not sure he's top ten
Oh ok i get it now.You just hate Chael.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #1932
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Oh ok i get it now.You just hate Chael.
Hes the most overrated fighter in the UFC. His best win is a contested decision over Michael bisping (I do agree he won though)

As for wrestling. At middleweight I'd probably take Weidmans wrestling over his. He's just not great.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #1933
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

sonnen's wrestling is way better than weidman's. just check out how he tossed okami around. that was crazy considering okami's a really good wrestler also.

besides sonnen's win over bisping, his quick sub. of stann is also another big win.

sonnen's not a great fighter by any means, but he's a pretty big draw for the ufc, that's why he constantly in important, meaningful or main event fights.

his wrestling is great, but his stand up isn't, neither is his sub. game, neither is his ground and pound, but he can build up a fight and can be entertaining, which makes the ufc money.

thati's it. it's that simple.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #1934
Edwin

Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida is being set up.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #1935
Edwin

this is how you counter a spinning back first.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: