Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #1981
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

It'll be Forrest Griffin vs. Phil Davis at UFC 155.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-155-fight-card-updates
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #1982
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Maia, the same guy who beat Chael. Munoz had a good win streak and was the #3 MW when Weidman beat him. Weidman is 9-0 while Sonnen lost his last fight. Sonnen has already had 2 fairly recent title shots and lost both while Weidman hasn't received one yet. I'm not saying that Weidman is deserving of a title shot at LHW, just that he's more deserving than Chael.
Munoz beat leben, Maia, cb dolloway and Aaron Simpson. I'm sorry but he was never the third best middleweight. To be perfectly honest the middleweight most deserving of a title shot at this point might be bisping

Edit but all of that said, middleweight is probably the shallowest division in Mma and 205 is probably the deepest so I don't see how it makes sense to give a middleweight a 205 title shot

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 10-19-2012 at 11:12 PM.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #1983
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Watching the ultimate fighter, that was a horrible stand up.

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 10-19-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #1984
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Btw, considering that he's a mw again, rich Franklin should be ranked number 2 to be honest.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #1985
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

don't have a problem with either bisping or franklin going after the mw. still think wiedman's legit. he's trying to take on all comers so it's hard to criticize his competition. he can only beat who dana puts in front of him and yes, at the time munoz was regarded as high prospect mw. regardless of that, wideman's reach is what makes the fight somewhat intriguing. don't want to give him silva yet, then give him some decent fights.

griffin vs davis is interesting but as long as davis eats a punch, he should have that fight. davis is physically gifted and talented enough that he should take that fight with his wrestling.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #1986
pauk
NBA Legend

Man... this guy Anderson Silva... there is just zero competition for him, dont believe any hype UFC tries to create when they give him an opponent... they all are just punching bags... well, he has to "fight" somebody...

Dont believe the hype of Condit against GSP either... GSP will destroy him beyond recognition...

He, Jon Jones, GSP have to consider meeting up/down at a weightclass and fight (are you telling me you cant lose/put on 10 lbs? yes you can, you are just god damn afraid of true competition), because its not funny anymore...

Last edited by pauk : 10-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #1987
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Munoz beat leben, Maia, cb dolloway and Aaron Simpson. I'm sorry but he was never the third best middleweight.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-43839
Have to use Sherdog since they have their rankings archived. Those guys all had good records when Munoz beat them aside from maybe Leben, but he was 4-1 in his 5 previous fights. Shit, Chael got up to #2 while beating just Dan Miller, Okami and Marquardt. Who deserved to be ranked ahead of Munoz aside from Silva and Sonnen?

Quote:
To be perfectly honest the middleweight most deserving of a title shot at this point might be bisping

The fuck? He's won 1 whole fight in a row. He's only beaten 1 single top 10 opponent in his career and Stann probably shouldn't have been ranked at the time. You get on Munoz for his opponents, but then say Bisping? Dan Miller, Akiyama, Rivera, Mayhem with 0 cardio, and Stann isn't a good list to say he's the most deserving, especially considering his recent loss.

Quote:
Edit but all of that said, middleweight is probably the shallowest division in Mma and 205 is probably the deepest so I don't see how it makes sense to give a middleweight a 205 title shot

LHW might be the 3rd deepest. Too many aging guys up near the top (Shogun fights like he's old along with some of the others) and not the depth of some other divisions. Somehow, Rampage is still considered a top 10 LHW.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #1988
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

bendo vs nate diaz... GSP vs condit... thank god i was just reminded about these awesome fights coming up soon...

some sweet, sweet nectar to wash the foul reek of recent events out of my poor mouth.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #1989
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-43839
Have to use Sherdog since they have their rankings archived. Those guys all had good records when Munoz beat them aside from maybe Leben, but he was 4-1 in his 5 previous fights. Shit, Chael got up to #2 while beating just Dan Miller, Okami and Marquardt. Who deserved to be ranked ahead of Munoz aside from Silva and Sonnen?

The fuck? He's won 1 whole fight in a row. He's only beaten 1 single top 10 opponent in his career and Stann probably shouldn't have been ranked at the time. You get on Munoz for his opponents, but then say Bisping? Dan Miller, Akiyama, Rivera, Mayhem with 0 cardio, and Stann isn't a good list to say he's the most deserving, especially considering his recent loss.

LHW might be the 3rd deepest. Too many aging guys up near the top (Shogun fights like he's old along with some of the others) and not the depth of some other divisions. Somehow, Rampage is still considered a top 10 LHW.
Rampage actually isn't ranked in the top ten in several rankings. Btw on bisping I thought he beat chael too. But as for lhw and it's depth, jones, henderson, rashad, machida, shogun teixeira, Gustafson, Davis, apparently chael, griffin among others should be ranked ahead of page. I am actually a big page fan and I do think he adds to the depth as does Ryan bader and lil nog who are also outside the top ten.

My biggest issue with weidman isn't that I don't think hes good. He is. He may even be the second best middleweight, but if Andy really is gonna retire after 2 more fights do we really wanna waste one on weidman??? Has he done so much that it's unthinkable he waits a little longer for a shot? I just don't see it.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #1990
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

So which knee did Frank injure? Was it the Motorcycle accident KNEE???
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #1991
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Damn, i'm so excited for the Machida Vs. Evans 2! Rather watch Shogun Vs. Machida 3 though, to be honest.

I've been thinkin, Dana is prolly saving up all the Trilogies for 1 EVENT.

... Now that would be aMIRzing
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #1992
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

i don't know why people here dog Chael so much while trying to prop Machida. Machida has lost quite a bit as well, and he's not so much better than Chael imo. he's so boring to watch too

i'll give Hendo credit since he's been a beast.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #1993
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Rampage actually isn't ranked in the top ten in several rankings.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/1...ht-heavyweight
He's #9 in the consensus rankings.

Quote:
My biggest issue with weidman isn't that I don't think hes good. He is. He may even be the second best middleweight, but if Andy really is gonna retire after 2 more fights do we really wanna waste one on weidman??? Has he done so much that it's unthinkable he waits a little longer for a shot? I just don't see it.

I thought we were talking about fighting Jones. I'm not saying Weidman would be ideal, just a better choice than Sonnen, but they want to go big with the next season of TUF and get more viewers for the PPV. They're thinking nothing but business when it should be about the sport. And, we have to listen to Dana bullshit about it.

As for Anderson Silva, people gave Fedor shit for not going after the best competition late in his career, so why not give Silva the same shit? He doesn't want to fight Jones, but he's fine with GSP. No to Jones, but yes to the 170-pounder who is coming off a major injury. And, he was fine fighting Bonnar, a guy who lost to 60 year old Mark Coleman.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #1994
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Andy has already fought better competition than fedor. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of the Zuffa fanboys who thinks everything that fedor did was overrated but Andy is pretty clearly higher than fedor on the goat list right now(though fedor should still be second)

Are you seriously saying you think weidman is better than gsp assuming gsp beats condit? Seriously? I have to be misreading that. And though I think he's just trolling people Andy has now said he's open to fighting jones. I truly believe if he really is gonna retire after these 2 fights, he wants gsp then jones just to completely solidify himself as the goat and give himself head to head wins over 2 other guys who are also in the top 5
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #1995
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Frank Mir to be one of the Coaches for TUF 14. Jones's JiuJitsu coach.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: