Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #196
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
To be honest, ill miss it on spike... I first started watchin UFC on spikeTV..

But you said is it gonna be a good thing for the UFC? For me, I dont know right now.. im gonna have to see UFC 134 and base it from there..
What?Why would you want to base it off of 134? The first show on FOX is in October.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #197
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Mitrione will be kongo anyone disagree?
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #198
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
Mitrione will be kongo anyone disagree?
yup

Mitrione has fast hands but not to much power although sometimes speed=power.I just think Kongo is a better overall fighter and will probably put him up against the cage and beat him up.

I favor Kongo but wouldnt be shocked if mitrione won by UD
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #199
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
What?Why would you want to base it off of 134? The first show on FOX is in October.
Didnt know, lets base it from there then.,
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #200
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

question- when is the next big fight coming up?

second question- what are your thoughts on the matter?

me? i've been watching some overeem fights the last couple days... stuff from when he was a light heavyweight to when he became a human tank.

one thing i had totally forgotten was how much he was able to move around as a LH.

going from the werdum fight to, say, the kharitonov 2007 fight, it's quite dramatic, the difference in his overall style. not trying to say 'better' or 'worse'... just different.

many of overeem's fights are on youtube for the moment. that may not last long, however...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #201
DMV2
And...they stank!

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
question- when is the next big fight coming up?
Next two UFC PPV's looks great.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_134 (08-27-11)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_135 (09-24-11)

I can't wait to see the Jones vs Rampage fight. I'm just a casual fan so I just watch for the big names.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #202
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

thanks... those look pretty good. the jones fight is definitely the most interesting one for me. the more i learn about his personality, the more he seems like my kind of guy. (he's pretty-much all deeds and little talk)

also, i don't think he has the build to go heavyweight. at the very least, not until they create a bridge division between 205 and 265. rather, i'd love it if he could somehow get together with silva...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #203
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe dan henderson vs anderson silva for fox's first live main event

http://mmaweekly.com/anderson-silva-...fox-main-event
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #204
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
maybe dan henderson vs anderson silva for fox's first live main event

http://mmaweekly.com/anderson-silva-...fox-main-event

Awesome, if at 205.

Henderson does seem to run out of gas pretty fast at 185 though, so I'd be a skeptic.

A title fight on free TV would kick ass no matter what though.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #205
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd like to see Hendo fight Jon Jones at 205 on Fox or have Anderson fight Chael. Both those fights could be hyped up really well, and from what I understand for being a champion and p4p best, Silva doesn't sell ppv's especially well.

You know the UFC is going to want to keep the really big ppv draws like Brock for their ppv cards, but I would love to see some really big fights on Fox as well. It will be very interesting to see how they balance it.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #206
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish they would have a stacked card (Like mainstream fighters going at it).... Now THAT I WOULD PAY TO WATCH.

Brock Vs Mir 3
Anderson Silva Vs Lyoto @ 205
BJ Penn Vs GSP 3
Forrest Vs ???? Rashad Or Rampage
Nogueira Vs Mirko Or Shogun Vs Nogueira

Now THAT IS A GREAT CARD...
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #207
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They're only airing 2 fights on Fox.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #208
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I wish they would have a stacked card (Like mainstream fighters going at it).... Now THAT I WOULD PAY TO WATCH.

Brock Vs Mir 3
Anderson Silva Vs Lyoto @ 205
BJ Penn Vs GSP 3
Forrest Vs ???? Rashad Or Rampage
Nogueira Vs Mirko Or Shogun Vs Nogueira

Now THAT IS A GREAT CARD...

1. Brock would maul Mir again. I don't see a reason for that.
2. Lyoto and Anderson are best friends and will never fight.
3. GSP doesn't need to beat Penn again.
4. Would watch a Rampage/Griffin rematch. Good idea.
5. I'm sure you can watch an old Pride re-run.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #209
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Really?Well that sucks.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #210
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
what in god's holy name are you blathering about?

from WP:
Quote:
On August 18, 2011, The Ultimate Fighting Championship and FOX announced a major seven year broadcast deal through the FOX Sports subsidiary, effectively ending the UFC's Spike TV and Versus partnership. The deal includes four events on the main FOX network, 32 live fights a year on Friday night on cable network FX, 24 events following The Ultimate Fighter reality show and six separate Fight Night events.

The first live event on Fox will be air November 12. The Ultimate Fighter will change formats and now be live and air on Friday nights on FX followed by a live fight card. Many of the preliminary fights before UFC pay-per-views and UFC Unleashed programming will be on Fuel TV. Additional programming begins in January, including live fights, pre- and post-shows, countdown shows, UFC Unleashed, UFC Primetime, the UFC Knockout series, Best of Pride and weigh-in specials.

One of the other programming opportunities that is already in motion is a weekly UFC magazine-style show. When asked about the potential for a weekly magazine-style series, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta responded, “Not only weekly, but, potentially, multiple times per week you’ll have a UFC magazine (show).”

The UFC will maintain production control of its product, including the use of it broadcast team of Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan. Fox Sports will produce the pre- and post-shows.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: