Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #2101
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
only true if you're judging him by his poor fights. he's looked as dominating a wrestler there is in MMA in his good ones...and i still don't think it was purely based on roids. i also think he could tire Jones out and win that way if Chael brings his A game and doesn't get caught.

jones' takedown defense is better than silva's. chael's on the other hand is...somewhat mediocre for a wrestler. he's avoided 71% of takedown attempts and jones has avoided 100%. silva sits at a nice 81%.

sonnen is 59% successful in his takedown attempts. jones is 64% successful.

TD defense - jones
TD ability - jones
^ ties into grappling and wrestling overall

submission ability - jones
striking - jones
finishing ability - jones

i mean, it's just hard for me to see how chael wins this. he'd have to win via decision and jones has only gone to three decisions...all victories.

don't get me wrong, i hope it's a good battle. i hope somehow chael can keep him on the ground as we haven't seen jones on his back much. i'd like to see him face some more adversity.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-17-2012 at 07:46 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #2102
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
dana just said all the top contenders turned down a fight with jones. ok, i guess that makes a little more sense.

I have a hard time believing that all the 'top contendors' really turned down a fight with Superbrat. What's that from- a short list of ONE guy who happens to be injured? Then there's the fact that it came out of Dana's mouth. Not a frequent source of factual information to begin with.

Having said that, should make for the most hilarious season of TUF, ever...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #2103
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
moreover, chael got to #1 contender fights by beating jim miller and okami. okami has struggled mightily with wrestlers. miller? well, i'll just let you look up his 'signature' wins.

It was his brother, Dan. I like the Miller brothers, but yeah, Dan just isn't that good of a win. Jim, on the other hand, would be a good win for a LW.

Quote:
who actually thinks chael has a chance? i give him less of a chance than vitor. even if he is able to get jones down, i don't see how he's able to keep him there. let's say he does...not like his gnp puts guys away. how does he win?

I don't know. It might be a bigger upset than Serra/GSP if it were to happen. At least Serra had power (he was known for his grappling, but he did have power). IMO, it would be a bigger upset, but I'm not sure if it would be Vegas-wise.

Quote:
i guess jones saying chael 'wasn't deserving' didn't matter much either. dude says one thing and does another, yet again. i guess now he's deserving despite not having any fights since.

He didn't say Chael was suddenly deserving.
"I think I'm over the fact of whether he deserves it or not, and I'm getting more realistic with the fact that the fans really want it."

"Does it de-legitimize the belt? I'm going to have to say (it does) in some ways," said Jones, who said a meeting with Dan Henderson was next on his list after Sonnen. "But in some ways it doesn't because this has nothing to do with the belt for me. This is more about putting him into irrelevance."

Quote:
dana just said all the top contenders turned down a fight with jones.

He's referring to UFC 151 when he asked people to take it on rather short notice. It also ignores the fact that there were a couple guys (Weidman is one off the top of my head) who said they would have taken the fight at 151 if they were asked.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #2104
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
It was his brother, Dan. I like the Miller brothers, but yeah, Dan just isn't that good of a win. Jim, on the other hand, would be a good win for a LW.

I don't know. It might be a bigger upset than Serra/GSP if it were to happen. At least Serra had power (he was known for his grappling, but he did have power). IMO, it would be a bigger upset, but I'm not sure if it would be Vegas-wise.

He didn't say Chael was suddenly deserving.
"I think I'm over the fact of whether he deserves it or not, and I'm getting more realistic with the fact that the fans really want it."

"Does it de-legitimize the belt? I'm going to have to say (it does) in some ways," said Jones, who said a meeting with Dan Henderson was next on his list after Sonnen. "But in some ways it doesn't because this has nothing to do with the belt for me. This is more about putting him into irrelevance."

He's referring to UFC 151 when he asked people to take it on rather short notice. It also ignores the fact that there were a couple guys (Weidman is one off the top of my head) who said they would have taken the fight at 151 if they were asked.
To be fair as little as I think of chael, Weidman has absolutely no business in that conversation.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #2105
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arianny Celeste music video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=79cEfVM2mxc#!

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #2106
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

Their whole plot to abduct that dude was unnecessarily elaborate.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #2107
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love Dana but, he's a joke right now.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #2108
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

[IMG][/IMG]

Since this is a MMA related song should have a MMA related face palm.

Arrianey should just stick to being a ring girl or atleast do R rated films showing tits.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #2109
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sonnen fans are now officially a detriment to MMA. How is this a good fight? When's the last time Sonnen even fought an LHW? How is a 17-12 MW getting a shot at the Champ? He can't beat Silva, so how does he beat a bigger, faster, stronger, younger version of Silva? But no, this is what the fans supposedly want...please. Rashad Evans would beat him into a coma. Easily.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #2110
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
yea, he's basically trying to say the post-hendo mad scramble of 151 is the same thing as the logical next candidate for jones at TUF.

as i see it, the two things are almost completely unrelated. but it's all the same thing if you hear dana white tell it.

machida or hendo should have been next if this was currently a sport that made any sense.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #2111
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
To be fair as little as I think of chael, Weidman has absolutely no business in that conversation.

He has more business than Chael.

Another thing that Dana seems to be conveniently sidestepping is that the guys who turned down the title shot at 151 did it because not only was it on rather short notice, but also that it might have been their last shot or at least wouldn't get another one for a long time, so they would want time to prepare for it. The way dipshit Dana is talking, he's punishing guys for wanting to actually be prepared for a title shot (which could end up being their last chance)... Dana needs to stop bullshitting so damn much and just admit he gave Chael the shot simply for ratings/PPV buys. But I guess Dana knows nothing but how to bullshit people. FFS, Chael had very, very little to lose and everything to gain by being willing to take that fight on short notice while the other guys who were asked had much more to lose. Oh, but let's praise the hell out of Chael for accepting a title shot handed to him on a silver platter.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 10-18-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #2112
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Another thing that Dana seems to be conveniently sidestepping is that the guys who turned down the title shot at 151 did it because not only was it on rather short notice, but also that it might have been their last shot or at least wouldn't get another one for a long time, so they would want time to prepare for it. The way dipshit Dana is talking, he's punishing guys for wanting to actually be prepared for a title shot (which could end up being their last chance)... Dana needs to stop bullshitting so damn much and just admit he gave Chael the shot simply for ratings/PPV buys. But I guess Dana knows nothing but how to bullshit people. FFS, Chael had very, very little to lose and everything to gain by being willing to take that fight on short notice while the other guys who were asked had much more to lose. Oh, but let's praise the hell out of Chael for accepting a title shot handed to him on a silver platter.
I totally agree with that. It would've been incredibly stupid for guys like Machida or Shogun to accept that fight on such short notice. They already lost once to Jones. This would be their absolute last chance at the title. You need to be prepared for that kind of a fight.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #2113
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Dunno about you, but lately it's becoming harder and harder to get excited about zuffa events. Lately it's all cancellations, double-talk, manipulation... god. Point is, it's getting pretty bad. Unprecedented bad I couldn't say because I've only been an MMA fan for about 3-4 years.

Thing is this- whenever anyone, anywhere challenges Dana he keeps going the macho, needlessly-antagonistic response route. Although from all the first-hand accts I've read, he does consistently work his ass off to be the front man, and that should get some respect, I guess.

But, riffing on what Jackass and most of the fighters and MMA writers seem to be saying- Dana is becoming more and more a detriment to MMA than an a resource when reality comes down to reality.

Anyone, anywhere think that Dana is being unfairly persecuted here?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #2114
Jackass18
The Iron Price

The UFC hit a rather rough patch, but I think there's daylight now. The last event was great. The returns of GSP, Overeem, Nick Diaz and such are coming up. Alvarez might sign with the UFC. There's good events coming up. Strikeforce OTOH...
Old 10-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #2115
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looks like its not hendo/machida

but instead machida/evans 2 is prly going down in january

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: