Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #2116
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I have no problem with that. I want Hendo to get a shot, but I have no problem with Evans getting that fight if it's a number 1 contender fight. IMO Evans might end up in a situation like rich Franklin where he's clearly the number 2 guy in his weigh class and yet clearly has nothing for the champ.

Speaking of Franklin, with him about to fight ill point out I absolutely love that guy. Truly would fight anyone, was always willing to trade with guys even though his chin got worse as it got beat on(he started out with a damn good chin or the first silva fight would have been over much quicker). He will be a UFC hofer and a deserving one.

As for weidman, he's beaten Damien Maia who is now a ww and Munoz. Neither one of those exactly screams I'm ready for a title shot in a higher weight class. I honestly don't see much difference between how much him or chael deserves it.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #2117
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

so we're gonna get a shad face 2? would have preferred hendo/machida if anything. i said it before but hendo is already in his 40s...he really can't afford to wait around a year or two.

i can agree with the overall sentiment of the last page. i can understand having a balance of drawing power/rankings but lately it just seems like drawing power and money have really taken over and rankings have just become irrelevant.

dana's a promotor and whatever but ya, he really struggles with taking criticism. he always sees it as an attack. i really wonder who is there to keep him in check. then the rest of his 'accounts' are some one sided rhetoric POV shit. fujitas have deep pockets and as long as dana keeps bringing in money, i don't really see a change.

dana's done a great job of bringing ufc to where it's at which is mainstream national spotlight but one has to wonder how much better it would be with some new blood...someone professional and creative at the same time.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #2118
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
As for weidman, he's beaten Damien Maia who is now a ww and Munoz. Neither one of those exactly screams I'm ready for a title shot in a higher weight class. I honestly don't see much difference between how much him or chael deserves it.

Maia, the same guy who beat Chael. Munoz had a good win streak and was the #3 MW when Weidman beat him. Weidman is 9-0 while Sonnen lost his last fight. Sonnen has already had 2 fairly recent title shots and lost both while Weidman hasn't received one yet. I'm not saying that Weidman is deserving of a title shot at LHW, just that he's more deserving than Chael.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #2119
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Arrow Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Damn ... that's gonna be good. Rashad takes a lot of pride in his boxing. I wonder if he's goin to stand-up with Machida.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #2120
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

It'll be Forrest Griffin vs. Phil Davis at UFC 155.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-155-fight-card-updates
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #2121
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Maia, the same guy who beat Chael. Munoz had a good win streak and was the #3 MW when Weidman beat him. Weidman is 9-0 while Sonnen lost his last fight. Sonnen has already had 2 fairly recent title shots and lost both while Weidman hasn't received one yet. I'm not saying that Weidman is deserving of a title shot at LHW, just that he's more deserving than Chael.
Munoz beat leben, Maia, cb dolloway and Aaron Simpson. I'm sorry but he was never the third best middleweight. To be perfectly honest the middleweight most deserving of a title shot at this point might be bisping

Edit but all of that said, middleweight is probably the shallowest division in Mma and 205 is probably the deepest so I don't see how it makes sense to give a middleweight a 205 title shot

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 10-20-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #2122
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Watching the ultimate fighter, that was a horrible stand up.

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 10-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #2123
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Btw, considering that he's a mw again, rich Franklin should be ranked number 2 to be honest.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #2124
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

don't have a problem with either bisping or franklin going after the mw. still think wiedman's legit. he's trying to take on all comers so it's hard to criticize his competition. he can only beat who dana puts in front of him and yes, at the time munoz was regarded as high prospect mw. regardless of that, wideman's reach is what makes the fight somewhat intriguing. don't want to give him silva yet, then give him some decent fights.

griffin vs davis is interesting but as long as davis eats a punch, he should have that fight. davis is physically gifted and talented enough that he should take that fight with his wrestling.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #2125
pauk
NBA Legend

Man... this guy Anderson Silva... there is just zero competition for him, dont believe any hype UFC tries to create when they give him an opponent... they all are just punching bags... well, he has to "fight" somebody...

Dont believe the hype of Condit against GSP either... GSP will destroy him beyond recognition...

He, Jon Jones, GSP have to consider meeting up/down at a weightclass and fight (are you telling me you cant lose/put on 10 lbs? yes you can, you are just god damn afraid of true competition), because its not funny anymore...

Last edited by pauk : 10-21-2012 at 12:10 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #2126
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Munoz beat leben, Maia, cb dolloway and Aaron Simpson. I'm sorry but he was never the third best middleweight.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-43839
Have to use Sherdog since they have their rankings archived. Those guys all had good records when Munoz beat them aside from maybe Leben, but he was 4-1 in his 5 previous fights. Shit, Chael got up to #2 while beating just Dan Miller, Okami and Marquardt. Who deserved to be ranked ahead of Munoz aside from Silva and Sonnen?

Quote:
To be perfectly honest the middleweight most deserving of a title shot at this point might be bisping

The fuck? He's won 1 whole fight in a row. He's only beaten 1 single top 10 opponent in his career and Stann probably shouldn't have been ranked at the time. You get on Munoz for his opponents, but then say Bisping? Dan Miller, Akiyama, Rivera, Mayhem with 0 cardio, and Stann isn't a good list to say he's the most deserving, especially considering his recent loss.

Quote:
Edit but all of that said, middleweight is probably the shallowest division in Mma and 205 is probably the deepest so I don't see how it makes sense to give a middleweight a 205 title shot

LHW might be the 3rd deepest. Too many aging guys up near the top (Shogun fights like he's old along with some of the others) and not the depth of some other divisions. Somehow, Rampage is still considered a top 10 LHW.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #2127
gigantes
A piece of fluff

bendo vs nate diaz... GSP vs condit... thank god i was just reminded about these awesome fights coming up soon...

some sweet, sweet nectar to wash the foul reek of recent events out of my poor mouth.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #2128
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-43839
Have to use Sherdog since they have their rankings archived. Those guys all had good records when Munoz beat them aside from maybe Leben, but he was 4-1 in his 5 previous fights. Shit, Chael got up to #2 while beating just Dan Miller, Okami and Marquardt. Who deserved to be ranked ahead of Munoz aside from Silva and Sonnen?

The fuck? He's won 1 whole fight in a row. He's only beaten 1 single top 10 opponent in his career and Stann probably shouldn't have been ranked at the time. You get on Munoz for his opponents, but then say Bisping? Dan Miller, Akiyama, Rivera, Mayhem with 0 cardio, and Stann isn't a good list to say he's the most deserving, especially considering his recent loss.

LHW might be the 3rd deepest. Too many aging guys up near the top (Shogun fights like he's old along with some of the others) and not the depth of some other divisions. Somehow, Rampage is still considered a top 10 LHW.
Rampage actually isn't ranked in the top ten in several rankings. Btw on bisping I thought he beat chael too. But as for lhw and it's depth, jones, henderson, rashad, machida, shogun teixeira, Gustafson, Davis, apparently chael, griffin among others should be ranked ahead of page. I am actually a big page fan and I do think he adds to the depth as does Ryan bader and lil nog who are also outside the top ten.

My biggest issue with weidman isn't that I don't think hes good. He is. He may even be the second best middleweight, but if Andy really is gonna retire after 2 more fights do we really wanna waste one on weidman??? Has he done so much that it's unthinkable he waits a little longer for a shot? I just don't see it.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #2129
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

So which knee did Frank injure? Was it the Motorcycle accident KNEE???
Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #2130
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Damn, i'm so excited for the Machida Vs. Evans 2! Rather watch Shogun Vs. Machida 3 though, to be honest.

I've been thinkin, Dana is prolly saving up all the Trilogies for 1 EVENT.

... Now that would be aMIRzing
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: