Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #2131
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has not been impressing people
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

i don't know why people here dog Chael so much while trying to prop Machida. Machida has lost quite a bit as well, and he's not so much better than Chael imo. he's so boring to watch too

i'll give Hendo credit since he's been a beast.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #2132
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Rampage actually isn't ranked in the top ten in several rankings.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/1...ht-heavyweight
He's #9 in the consensus rankings.

Quote:
My biggest issue with weidman isn't that I don't think hes good. He is. He may even be the second best middleweight, but if Andy really is gonna retire after 2 more fights do we really wanna waste one on weidman??? Has he done so much that it's unthinkable he waits a little longer for a shot? I just don't see it.

I thought we were talking about fighting Jones. I'm not saying Weidman would be ideal, just a better choice than Sonnen, but they want to go big with the next season of TUF and get more viewers for the PPV. They're thinking nothing but business when it should be about the sport. And, we have to listen to Dana bullshit about it.

As for Anderson Silva, people gave Fedor shit for not going after the best competition late in his career, so why not give Silva the same shit? He doesn't want to fight Jones, but he's fine with GSP. No to Jones, but yes to the 170-pounder who is coming off a major injury. And, he was fine fighting Bonnar, a guy who lost to 60 year old Mark Coleman.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #2133
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Andy has already fought better competition than fedor. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of the Zuffa fanboys who thinks everything that fedor did was overrated but Andy is pretty clearly higher than fedor on the goat list right now(though fedor should still be second)

Are you seriously saying you think weidman is better than gsp assuming gsp beats condit? Seriously? I have to be misreading that. And though I think he's just trolling people Andy has now said he's open to fighting jones. I truly believe if he really is gonna retire after these 2 fights, he wants gsp then jones just to completely solidify himself as the goat and give himself head to head wins over 2 other guys who are also in the top 5
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #2134
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Frank Mir to be one of the Coaches for TUF 14. Jones's JiuJitsu coach.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #2135
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i don't know why people here dog Chael so much while trying to prop Machida. Machida has lost quite a bit as well, and he's not so much better than Chael imo. he's so boring to watch too

Not a good comparison. Machida is a counter fighter and if the other guy doesn't attack him, he's not that exciting. Chael is a pure wrestler that doesn't finish guys and can be reaaaally boring to watch as well. I appreciate the art though.

And Machida.. Lost quite a bit? Not so much better than Chael? Lyoto is 9-3 in the UFC and was a champion at LHW. His only losses came to (former) champions. 3 losses, of which 2 were championshipfights (one as a contender and one as champion) and the other one was vs Rampage when he was still good.

Chael was one of the best dudes at MW, yes.. but he finished just one guy since late 2007 and that was Brian Stann. He wins everything by decision and his win vs Bisping was a questionable one. He got finished in two title fights, quite handily defeated in the last one. Also, he hasn't fought at LHW since 2005. He's not on Machida's level.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #2136
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Not a good comparison. Machida is a counter fighter and if the other guy doesn't attack him, he's not that exciting. Chael is a pure wrestler that doesn't finish guys and can be reaaaally boring to watch as well. I appreciate the art though.

And Machida.. Lost quite a bit? Not so much better than Chael? Lyoto is 9-3 in the UFC and was a champion at LHW. His only losses came to (former) champions. 3 losses, of which 2 were championshipfights (one as a contender and one as champion) and the other one was vs Rampage when he was still good.

Chael was one of the best dudes at MW, yes.. but he finished just one guy since late 2007 and that was Brian Stann. He wins everything by decision and his win vs Bisping was a questionable one. He got finished in two title fights, quite handily defeated in the last one. Also, he hasn't fought at LHW since 2005. He's not on Machida's level.

i think Chael is relentless with his ground and pound tho, unlike anything i've seen when he's on his game. i agree he is boring to watch at times but i prefer him as the lesser of 2 evils between him and Machida. i honestly hate watching Machida fight even if its effective. i don't think straight comparisons in terms of their losses is a fair judge, more than comparing their styles vs their competition, and i think Chael generally has the better chance of beating the Silva's or Jon Jones with his ground game. the other thing is when Chael is on his A game i think he can hang with anyone, but thats the problem too given how often he's looked bad bringing his D game. i also like how Chael talks trash and makes it more personal, like how Jon Jones wants to kill him now
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #2137
breadwitheggs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

breadwitheggs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Andy has already fought better competition than fedor.

breadwitheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #2138
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwitheggs
They both fought their share of cans and they both fought their share of great fighters. I'd take Andy's comp though
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #2139
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi

Machida shouldn't have lost that decision to Rampage, either.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #2140
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
the other thing is when Chael is on his A game i think he can hang with anyone

What, pumped full of roids while facing an injured opponent? We'll see how he does against Jones. Having a close fight with Bisping and then looking like one of Three Stooges against Silva doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 11-01-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #2141
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
They both fought their share of cans and they both fought their share of great fighters. I'd take Andy's comp though

It's hard to say, but you can say that at least Silva beat Hendo.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #2142
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i think Chael is relentless with his ground and pound tho, unlike anything i've seen when he's on his game.

I've only seen his UFC fights and his fight with Forrest and his GnP doesn't impress me at all. He has great top control, but his punches don't seem that damaging. Have you ever seen him finish an opponent by GnP? It's like saying Nick Diaz is a one KO artist. Yes, he can control a fight with his boxing, but he never shows that one hit KO power.

Quote:
i agree he is boring to watch at times but i prefer him as the lesser of 2 evils between him and Machida. i honestly hate watching Machida fight even if its effective. i don't think straight comparisons in terms of their losses is a fair judge, more than comparing their styles vs their competition, and i think Chael generally has the better chance of beating the Silva's or Jon Jones with his ground game. the other thing is when Chael is on his A game i think he can hang with anyone, but thats the problem too given how often he's looked bad bringing his D game. i also like how Chael talks trash and makes it more personal, like how Jon Jones wants to kill him now

Can't comment on personal preference. I think Chael isn't that fun too watch at all. He is a wrestler, that isn't good at finishing fights and relies on his top control mostly. Props to him for being succesfull though.

Chael can't "hang" with anyone and I don't know what makes you believe that. He subbed Stann and that was his best win in a while. The Bisping fight was really close and he couldnt hang with Silva in their second fight. Also, the first fight was boring as hell if it wasn't Sonnen vs Silva, great top control and weak GnP from Sonnen. His fight vs Nate was almost 3 years ago and that was a good win. Chael wins his fights by outwrestling his opponents. Vs guys with good TDD and/or good submission skills, he is screwed.

Lyoto can hang with anyone. He lost to the best LHW ever, Jones, and to Rua, after he won a close fight against him and a questionable decision vs Page, a perrenial contender (who has fallen off a bit).
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #2143
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Quote:

I know its your opinion, How is Machida boring?
Lyoto Machida is one of the most unique and entertaining fighters in the UFC. He is real life video game fighter. Just because he doesnt swing wildly like Hendo doesnt mean he is boring. His feints, his ability to lure fighters into his trap. Lyoto Machida is the definition of what pure high level technique can do even while facing stronger forms of martial arts.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #2144
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Godzuki being Godzuki ... which is being a dumbass & a stupid F***.
"Machida is boring to watch .... " LOLz.

KISS MY ASS BRO
Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #2145
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
I know its your opinion, How is Machida boring?
Lyoto Machida is one of the most unique and entertaining fighters in the UFC. He is real life video game fighter. Just because he doesnt swing wildly like Hendo doesnt mean he is boring. His feints, his ability to lure fighters into his trap. Lyoto Machida is the definition of what pure high level technique can do even while facing stronger forms of martial arts.

He's a troll.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: