Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #2146
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Godzuki being Godzuki ... which is being a dumbass & a stupid F***.
"Machida is boring to watch .... " LOLz.

KISS MY ASS BRO

i honestly don't get why its always the biggest poohsies here talking shit to me i mean it could be so many people, and its always the biggest weaklings, why is that? the other consistent trait is they're always "laker" or "kobe" handle fgts...go figure.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #2147
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
I've only seen his UFC fights and his fight with Forrest and his GnP doesn't impress me at all. He has great top control, but his punches don't seem that damaging. Have you ever seen him finish an opponent by GnP? It's like saying Nick Diaz is a one KO artist. Yes, he can control a fight with his boxing, but he never shows that one hit KO power.

Can't comment on personal preference. I think Chael isn't that fun too watch at all. He is a wrestler, that isn't good at finishing fights and relies on his top control mostly. Props to him for being succesfull though.

Chael can't "hang" with anyone and I don't know what makes you believe that. He subbed Stann and that was his best win in a while. The Bisping fight was really close and he couldnt hang with Silva in their second fight. Also, the first fight was boring as hell if it wasn't Sonnen vs Silva, great top control and weak GnP from Sonnen. His fight vs Nate was almost 3 years ago and that was a good win. Chael wins his fights by outwrestling his opponents. Vs guys with good TDD and/or good submission skills, he is screwed.

Lyoto can hang with anyone. He lost to the best LHW ever, Jones, and to Rua, after he won a close fight against him and a questionable decision vs Page, a perrenial contender (who has fallen off a bit).

i think he can drop bombs, but unfortunately oftentimes doesn't connect with them. like in the first Silva fight where a lot of people were criticizing his finish capabilities because he dominated Silva and couldn't finish him, but if you watch that fight he's dropping ridiculous hammer fists and elbows just missing by inches. thats why i think Silva got so lucky to dodge all of those, altho i'm sure people will say it was Silva's natural awareness. altho i'll give you there is probably something to the fact that he generally hasn't been able to finish opponents by and large, i'm just saying that power is there if you really look at what he's throwing at times.

i can't stand watching Machida's constant retreat-counter standup all match. granted he's had some fights or moments where he goes toe to toe but its rare, and thats probably one of the most underrated things about Machida is his body strength when that happens. but his main fighting style is sooooo boring to me to watch where it basically forces both fighters to be feinting 3/4's of the match, because they're so scared to get countered, and Machida is going to keep backing away. hate that shit. then again i can't stand watching MAyweather fight either

Last edited by Godzuki : 11-02-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #2148
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
He's a troll.

lol and you're a nobody trying to get a trolls attention i guess since nobody cares about your thoughts. i swear its people like you that try to get attention off of people like me
Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #2149
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Exclamation Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
lol and you're a nobody trying to get a trolls attention i guess since nobody cares about your thoughts. i swear its people like you that try to get attention off of people like me

Trust me ... if I wanted attention, I would start a feud against Zen, or kiss his ass everyday. But No lol.
And this is a F**** forum why would I wanna do that?
You're just tellin me that you dont have a life, and take ISH way too serious.

I was just keepin it real. You're a dumbass
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #2150
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i honestly don't get why its always the biggest poohsies here talking shit to me i mean it could be so many people, and its always the biggest weaklings, why is that? the other consistent trait is they're always "laker" or "kobe" handle fgts...go figure.

LOL ... Everyone hates you and they tolerate you. They go with your flow.

I DON'T.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #2151
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
What, pumped full of roids while facing an injured opponent? We'll see how he does against Jones. Having a close fight with Bisping and then looking like one of Three Stooges against Silva doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

i still don't believe roids were the only thing that made Chael good like a lot of his critics act. to me he's one of those white guy wrestlers you'd never want to face knowing they'll always be in tip top shape and never stop pounding or getting tired and lose that way, where you'll have to either hope you KO/sub him early or go thru hell trying to win a decision. theres a lot of fighters you're not sure how fit they're going to come in or blow their load early and it becomes a joke after that. Chael may get subbed too often, but he's as workhorse pounder as they come out of any fighter i've seen in MMA.

like i said it really depends on which game he brings since imo his A game can hang with anyone, and most suited to counter the great standup fighters like Silva and Jon Jones.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #2152
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
LOL ... Everyone hates you and they tolerate you. They go with your flow.

I DON'T.

i've got 5 green stacks so you obviously aren't speaking for everyone. i also make points with reasoning in everything i state here, nor am i some lame homer fgt like you are attacking people who diss kobe/machida/whomever, nor do i attack anyone until they attack me just like now. i mind my own business and make my points, and reply sincerely to people who post towards me respectfully. like i said its always lil butthurt fgts like you that are always trying to get attention off of opinionated people like me since nobody pays attention to your bitch ass. otherwise you'd have me on ignore if i'm such a troll....to me you're just like DFish or that other butthurt fgt i can't remember now, wouldn't even be surprised if they were your alt you hide behind to attack me with. in fact it'd be typical of your lame personality here.

by all means feel free to put me on ignore even tho i bet you won't. f'n poohsee.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #2153
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Trust me ... if I wanted attention, I would start a feud against Zen, or kiss his ass everyday. But No lol.
And this is a F**** forum why would I wanna do that?
You're just tellin me that you dont have a life, and take ISH way too serious.

I was just keepin it real. You're a dumbass

FYI the only troll here is you in this thread. it seems the rest of us are talking MMA. maybe you should gtfo? the only one ruining it seems to be you....i hear your momz calling for u to clean your room fgt
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #2154
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Wow
Did I just get trolled?

Quote:
like i said its always lil butthurt fgts like you that are always trying to get attention off of opinionated people like me since nobody pays attention to your bitch ass.

Yea sure buddy. Keep tellin yourself that. & keep reppin yourself. That's going to help your reputation around here.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #2155
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Wow
Did I just get trolled?

Yea sure buddy. Keep tellin yourself that. & keep reppin yourself. That's going to help your reputation around here.

you're like the embodiment of every sad butthurt homer on this site. just stfu stupidass, and stop ruining this thread
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #2156
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

settle down, godzuki. :P

Quote:
They both fought their share of cans and they both fought their share of great fighters.
fedor fought three cans at the very end, but i disagree that he made a habit of it through his career. like many great fighters / boxers, he made a lot of opponents look silly in retrospect, but at the time those matches were made they were pretty much all desirable / logical matchups. also, near the end, he was greatly hampered by most of the talent being in the UFC.

Quote:
Machida is boring...
i don't see how any fan of the science of fighting can say that. he brings a significantly different game to the table which is fascinating in and of itself. for me, the primary reason i'm watching MMA is to see how its possible for one man to beat another more than i am watching two guys whale on each other. if you want the latter then you can re-watch stuff like frye-takayama and be satisfied for weeks.

Quote:
i still don't believe roids were the only thing that made Chael good like a lot of his critics act.
yup... roids didn't make him a HOF wrestler, and other than his failure to properly declare them the one time, TRT is currently an acceptable practice for aging men with decreased natural testosterone. he's not the only one to use them, but on the whole he clearly is very good at what he does. and you don't get to be the #2 MW in the world based on nothing but roids.

just wish he hadn't have been gifted the TUF slot. i mean, jones and silva -finally- seem to be coming around to the idea of a fight, but the clock is running fast and sonnen-jones just sets the whole thing back many months.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #2157
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
settle down, godzuki. :P

fedor fought three cans at the very end, but i disagree that he made a habit of it through his career. like many great fighters / boxers, he made a lot of opponents look silly in retrospect, but at the time those matches were made they were pretty much all desirable / logical matchups. also, near the end, he was greatly hampered by most of the talent being in the UFC.

i don't see how any fan of the science of fighting can say that. he brings a significantly different game to the table which is fascinating in and of itself. for me, the primary reason i'm watching MMA is to see how its possible for one man to beat another more than i am watching two guys whale on each other. if you want the latter then you can re-watch stuff like frye-takayama and be satisfied for weeks.

yup... roids didn't make him a HOF wrestler, and other than his failure to properly declare them the one time, TRT is currently an acceptable practice for aging men with decreased natural testosterone. he's not the only one to use them, but on the whole he clearly is very good at what he does. and you don't get to be the #2 MW in the world based on nothing but roids.

just wish he hadn't have been gifted the TUF slot. i mean, jones and silva -finally- seem to be coming around to the idea of a fight, but the clock is running fast and sonnen-jones just sets the whole thing back many months.

dude wants to start beefs with me out of the blue, and say i'm some troll when i'm legitimately discussing and making points without beefing with anyone, hell yeah i'm going to shit on him. especially when he's just another homer bitch here that can't handle someone he's infatuated with getting criticized. its just so typical of some of the worst posters on this forum that don't even realize how awful they are with their homerism.

its just my opinion obviously, and i can respect the arts of karate, boxing, or whatever to a degree. but after so long of seeing it, its worn on me watching his constant feint matches. again he's had some exciting moments but its few and far between.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #2158
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
you're like the embodiment of every sad butthurt homer on this site. just stfu stupidass, and stop ruining this thread

How am I butthurt? you're the idiot one."Machida is boring" GTFO with that shit.

How am I ruining the thread when you're the troll? LOL You really think that people like you

Anyways, I said what I had to say.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #2159
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Machida is boring

Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #2160
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Machida is boring

its hilarious to me how much of a lame homer bitch you are. you're like a lakersreign kobe homer rabidly defensive of anything critical of him, and now here you are all upset about me calling MAchida boring

you remind me too much of lakersreign, at the very least just another kobe homer fgt.

Last edited by Godzuki : 11-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: