Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #2221
AK47DR91

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I hope Kim goes back on a winning streak so he gets that title shots at GSP. I think a couple of years he could have had a chance.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #2222
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carwin blew his knee out. Ufc looking for a new opponent for Roy. I guess that's one way to end off this bleh tUF season. I didn't really care for that fight anyways..still sucks
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #2223
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gray maynard also injured and can't fight lauzon. jim miller vs lauzon now.

2012 injury hits keep on coming
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #2224
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Carwin blew his knee out. Ufc looking for a new opponent for Roy. I guess that's one way to end off this bleh tUF season. I didn't really care for that fight anyways..still sucks
i'm actually kind of relieved because i like both guys and did not really want to see them beat the living hell out of each others' heads. that fight would have taken like a year or two off of each other's lives.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #2225
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Poor Bigfoot. I don't think any non-champ has had a more brutal schedule his last four fights. Cormier - Cain - Browne - Overeem. Sheeeeit.

Anyway, I'm thinking it should be somewhat similar to the Werdum fight, except Bigfoot is a little stronger, a little slower and a lot less crafty. Not the right guy to exploit Overeem's weaknesses. OTOH would be pretty interesting to see him somehow get mount against the Reem. Who knows what happens, then...
Bigfoot is going to be treated as gatekeeper and is going to be built up as a top heavyweight by the UFC due to his size, big head and ugly face.

Sucks that Carwin got injured. I was looking forward to seeing how many big power shots from Carwin Nelson could have took. He took some big shots from JDS in their fight. I think Carwin would have gassed half way through the first round and Nelson would have taken him down and submitted him late in the first round or early in the second round similar to his fight with Lesnar.

Miller's a better fight for Lauzon. Maynard was probably going to continuously take Lauzon down and lay on top of him to a decision win. Miller's submitable as proven by Nate and Lauzon's got a good enough ground game to submit him.

Want to add more people to the injured list of this year. Eddie Yagin suffered a head injury and is out of his fight with Dennis Siver. Nam Phan has stepped as a replacement for Yagin against Siver. Either way it should be a good fight. I think Siver should win this fight.

I haven't seen you guys talk about the revival of DREAM. I haven't been on here for a while, so not sure if you guys have talked about it or not. Either way, DREAM's revival is on a NYE show that Glory is co-promoting with them.

It will feature the Glory 4 Kickboxing Heavyweight Tournament and a bunch of a MMA fights. Robin van Roosmalen will be making his MMA debut on the event. Also Takaya, Baroni, Kawajiri, Kharitonov and Kitaoka will be fighting in MMA fights.

Schilt, Ghita, Saki, Zimmerman, Spong, Aerts, Bonjasky, Verhoeven, Le Banner, Guidon, Verlinden, Braddock Silva, Jamal Ben Saddik, Igor Jurkovic and Petrosyan are the rumored fighters in the Kickboxing tournament and in the Kickboxing fights.

The Glory fights are what is saving the card for me. The DREAM fights aren't as interesting as the Glory fights as there's not that many big name MMA fighters out there for them to put agains the DREAM fighters. The Kickboxing has pretty much all of the big name Kickboxers out there.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #2226
Edwin

Matt Mitrione will be Shane Carwins replacement against Roy Nelson.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #2227
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin

My 2 favorite fighters going at it!!!!
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #2228
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Holy Batman. I love Matt. Fucking-A!

Props to whoever made this happen.

Many are already giving the win to Roy. He is actually above Meathead's level.. but still.. I believe in Matt.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #2229
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just in time.. http://youtu.be/BfGwHEceOQY / StreetMade Sessions: Matt Mitrione 1

Ariel is brilliant GSP on Mandy Moore Rumors, Rory MacDonald's Style and Dinosaurs

Last edited by Faptastrophe : 11-15-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #2230
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

don't look now, but in 48 hours some guy named georges st. pierre will be fighting some other guy named carlos condit for some kind of belt-thingy in canada. i assume it's some kind of lumberjack event, and we can all safely ignore it...
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #2231
Edwin

GSP's going to beat Condit.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #2232
Edwin

Demian Maia vs. Jon Fitch at UFC 156.

That is going to be a really good fight. A win in this fight would probably make Maia the next contender for the title after the winner of Kampmann vs. Hendricks. I'm really pulling for Maia here.

Last edited by Edwin : 11-16-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #2233
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I feel like i should care about GSP vs Condit but i dont.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #2234
Edwin

Sergei Kharitonov has said he wants to fight in the Glory Heavyweight Tournament and in a MMA fight at the Glory/DREAM NYE event. He's already a fighter in the tournament, now it's just a matter of them giving a MMA fight on the same night. I don't think Kharitonov will get past the first round of the tournament, but if he did make it to the finals, he could be fighting 4 times in one night with 3 kickboxing fights and 1 MMA fight.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #2235
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Elkins
The last street fight I got into was a bar fight. I don't really go out to bars anymore. Anyway, there was this guy, and he was trying to fight one of my buddies. They ended up having some words. I think they pushed each other, and got kicked out of the bar. We were with a group of people. My wife and all her friends were there.

After we got kicked out, we went to another bar. When we got there, this same guy ended up there and was hitting on my wife and calling her all kinds of names right in front of me, all because she told him she was married. I told him, 'Hey man, you need to get out of here now.' As soon as I saw that he ended up in the same place we did, again, I knew there was going to be trouble. I told him that, and he walked away.

About ten minutes later, I go to the bathroom, and as I'm peeing, the guy sucker punches me. He like runs up and punches me in my face. This happened mid-pee. I was unzipped and everything. I finished up, zipped up, and took another punch in the process. After I zipped up, well, let's just say I beat him up. I pushed him up against the bathroom stall, I hit him with a couple right hands, I kneed him and pretty much stomped his ass.

As I'm punching him in the face, the guy says, 'I'm done.' I'm like, 'What about when I was pissing? Where did these rules come in? What about the rules that you don't f*cking punch somebody when they're at the urinal peeing?' He's like 'I'm done! I'm done!' like that was going to stop me from giving him one more. Now he has rules? No way. I didn't hurt him permanently or anything, I just taught him a lesson about sucker punching people at a urinal. Hopefully that's my last street fight. It was definitely an awkward situation.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/1...-the-mens-room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
The true moral of this story is "Don't punch Darren Elkins while he's touching his p---s."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: