Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #2221
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I saw that. Makes NO sense whatsoever that Diaz should get the next shot.

Hendricks:
Beats Fitch in under a minute
Beats Kos by decision
Beats Kampmann in under a minute
Doesn't get a title shot

Diaz:
Loses to Condit (who then lost to GSP)
Fails drug test and gets suspended for a year
Comes back and gets immediate title shot

I'm more interested in the Diaz fight but you are comletely right, Hendricks deserves it way more. Lets not turn this into boxing.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #2222
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Rousey to main event UFC 157 in February. Personally I think its a mistake to put her on PPV for her first bout. Start her off on a UFC on Fox event so people can actually SEE what womens MMA is all about. Get the division exposed to a bigger audience and help Rousey's star grow more by broadcasting her to a bigger audience. Bullheaded UFC fans arent gonna pay to see women fight even if they are intrigued by it because they wanna make a statement that they dont like it. Just reading the comments on the FB post i can tell people arent gonna give them a chance. Stuff like "UGH why women? UFC is turning into fake ass WWE" (not sure where that logic comes from but still...not a good sign for PPV buys)
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

The UFC has never had a women's fight before, but they have a "champion."

What?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #2223
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

What?

dana's handing out belts like it's going out of style

first we get a bunch of munchkins hopping around fighting for title in demetrious johnson and dodson and now we get the ronda belt

it's a joke. i do love the diaz gsp fight tho

u kno gsp fans woke up with a cold shiver down their back when they heard that announced
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #2224
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
you cant be serious, MMA fight Randy will wreck Seagal, you call Toney out of shape wtf is Seagal? Lmao at Akido being useful in a MMA fight

forgot the white text.....

sorry just trollin
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #2225
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

What?

Didn't Cruz and Aldo both come in as champs too since they had the belts when WEC went under? I guess its the same deal with Ronda since Strikeforce is going down
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #2226
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Didn't Cruz and Aldo both come in as champs too since they had the belts when WEC went under? I guess its the same deal with Ronda since Strikeforce is going down
Not cruz they made him fight faber and then gave him the belt.I think its because Dana wanted Faber to win since he was a draw in the WEC.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2227
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
I have no intention of watching women fight, it's not my thing. I just found that funny.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #2228
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

i'll take a stab at some predictions for tomorrow night. if i wind up wearing egg on my face, then it will just be a chance to try out my new omelet recipe.

diaz over bendo. nate is dangerous from too many places (feet, clinch, ground- top or bottom) and has that incredible cardio and high strike volume. he's also gotten a lot better over the last two years or so and IMO is not the same guy who struggled earlier at LW (and WW). bendo is a worthy champion, but unless he can pull off something big he's going to get worn down and overwhelmed by the stocktonite.

gustafsson over rua. not only is this the result we want, considering that white now calls this a "contender's match," but rua is not the same guy he used to be, both physically and in his attack variety. gustafsson is a guy who fights very effectively at his height (can't say that about some) and will pick shogun apart.

macdonald over penn. BJ has the striking advantage and that extra set of arms (i.e., his legs), but he's way out of his weight class here against a hungry, ferocious young tiger. even if he is indeed in the best shape of his life, giving up that much size tends to wear fighters down with repeated clinches and grappling, and penn's record in that dept was never good in the first place.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #2229
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Im not gonna make predictions but i will post my bets later tonight
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #2230
Edwin
Serious playground baller

I agree with most of what you said except for Nate beating Bendo.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #2231
B-Low
The Love B-Low

After GSP coming back successfully, Diaz winning the belt would put the perfect cap on my MMA year. He works hard and he's a lot more levelheaded than his brother (which obviously isnt a hard thing to accomplish but still).
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #2232
jaydacris
Al

diaz is a little over the weight limit (title fight limit) right now

weighed in at 155.6
and weighed in at 155.2 second try

has 2 hours to make 155 or less, shouldnt be a problem
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #2233
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

bendo over diaz. i see a decision. nate has some of the best striking around and the cardio to match bendo but he's always struggled with checking leg kicks. i think bendo can really limit and light him up in that area. one thing bendo will have to watch out for are nate's triangles but bendo has always had really good sub defense. if he has to ride to a conservative decision win, i think he'll do it.

gustafsson over rua. i just see gus picking him apart on the outside. he'll use his reach advantage and he has great footwork to pull it off. big rua fan and i still think the double knee surgery has more to do with his decline than his cardio by far...just hope this is not another 3 round brutal war. rua can't keep doing that.

macdonald over penn. macdonald just seems like the next big thing. i think macdonald is just naturally bigger and that will allow him to beat penn in the grappling game. i can easily see a sweep and penn having trouble if macdonald gets into half guard. once rory gets you where he wants, that guy turns into an animal. i still think this could potentially be a great performance for penn but it's hard to ignore that size difference and the fact that rory presses the whole fight. i can see a decision win for sure but maybe penn can pull off a sub if rory leaves his arm out there. penn did look good at weigh ins and you can never count him out if he's focused.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #2234
Edwin

Both TUF semi final fights were pretty boring, until Ricci dropped Neil with a left hand in the second fight.

Colton vs. Ricci is going to be the final.

I really like Ricci, I hope and think he will win. The UFC has made it obvious at certain points that they want Ricci to win.

He's by far the best fighter on the show and Colton isn't really that good of a fighter. Outside of having a decent wrestling base, he doesn't have much else. His BJJ was average and his striking was bad.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #2235
Edwin

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: