Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #2296
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 16,315
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
30-26? There was a 10-8 round in that fight? Please.
Ya i didnt see it either.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #2297
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,794
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Gus has no shot against Jones.

You're wrong.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #2298
jamal99
Valar Morghulis
 
jamal99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Serbia
Posts: 5,087
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
You're wrong.
I know you're just saying that cuz he's from Sweden, but he has no chance.
Can he KO Jones? No.
Can he sub him? No.
Can he win a decision? No.
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #2299
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,858
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I can't see Gus beating Bones
No, but I can see him getting absolutely dismantled. Jones needs to move up to his proper weight class so we can have a real LHW class. The onyl fight for him that has the slightest relevance is a Machida rematch, and the only thing that makes that one interesting is whether Machida can win another round and/or get in a good shot or two.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #2300
jaydacris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20,055
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Stann will probably never be a champion, but hes pretty damn good on tv. well spoken and articulate.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #2301
jaydacris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20,055
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

benson will either win a decision
or nate diaz finishes benson ...

thats the way i see it going..... yaya i know, somewhat of a captain obvious prediction :p
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #2302
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,858
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
You're wrong.
Random question for you- how do feel about my 2nd favorite tennis player of all time, Bjorn Borg? How do you feel about my favorite TT player of all time, Jan Ove Waldner?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #2303
DropStep
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 862
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
No, but I can see him getting absolutely dismantled. Jones needs to move up to his proper weight class so we can have a real LHW class. The onyl fight for him that has the slightest relevance is a Machida rematch, and the only thing that makes that one interesting is whether Machida can win another round and/or get in a good shot or two.
You do know Gustafson is bigger than Jones right? So your logic kinda goes out of the window after the first line.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #2304
jaydacris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20,055
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
You do know Gustafson is bigger than Jones right? So your logic kinda goes out of the window after the first line.

well, gustafsson is a little taller.
but jones reach is about 8 inches longer...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2305
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,794
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Random question for you- how do feel about my 2nd favorite tennis player of all time, Bjorn Borg? How do you feel about my favorite TT player of all time, Jan Ove Waldner?

I love Waldner, he was awesome and I loved playing TT when I was a kid so naturally I watched games as well and he's one of greatest of all-time!

Regarding Borg, I don't really care about the guy, he played too long ago and the only time I come to think about him is when I go and shit or when I'm going to get laid. I have plenty of "Bjorn Borg"-boxers, he has ihs own brand and them boxer shorts are damn popular.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2306
jamal99
Valar Morghulis
 
jamal99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Serbia
Posts: 5,087
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
You do know Gustafson is bigger than Jones right? So your logic kinda goes out of the window after the first line.
He's like one inch taller and has 8 inches shorter wingspan. How is he bigger?
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #2307
DropStep
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 862
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
well, gustafsson is a little taller.
but jones reach is about 8 inches longer...
If we go by that logic, Jones would have to be fighting at a division above HW because he has the longest reach in the UFC.

If you can make 205 and still able to function at a competitive level. That is you weight class.

Last edited by DropStep : 12-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #2308
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 12,736
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

The Diaz bros. aren't even cool enough to have nicknames
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #2309
jaydacris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20,055
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
If we go by that logic, Jones would have to be fighting at a division above HW because he has the longest reach in the UFC.

what in the hell are you talking about?...
rofl

you said gustaffson is bigger like its an advantage for him? but the true advantage in a fight between them is jon jones reach
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #2310
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,858
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
You do know Gustafson is bigger than Jones right? So your logic kinda goes out of the window after the first line.
Question for you: are you

high,
drunk,
in the hospital on an opium drip,
or a total moron?

(Just curious)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy