Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #2386
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

dana white just announced gsp is going to be fighting nick diaz next :o

*edit* he said gsp will probably fight nick diaz, because gsp asked for him
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #2387
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
dana white just announced gsp is going to be fighting nick diaz next :o

*edit* he said gsp will probably fight nick diaz, because gsp asked for him

I saw that. Makes NO sense whatsoever that Diaz should get the next shot.

Hendricks:
Beats Fitch in under a minute
Beats Kos by decision
Beats Kampmann in under a minute
Doesn't get a title shot

Diaz:
Loses to Condit (who then lost to GSP)
Fails drug test and gets suspended for a year
Comes back and gets immediate title shot

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #2388
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only reason Diaz is getting a shot is because he's such an asshole that he got under GSP's skin and he'd like to beat the shit out of him.

I don't like it either. Much like Sonnen getting a shot at Jon Jones, it's personalities that are dictating title fights. Then again, it's also a business and GSP-Diaz is most likely a bigger draw than GSP-Hendricks as unfair as that may be.

I just hope GSP takes him out and we don't need to hear about Nick Diaz for much longer.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #2389
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, it's becoming clear that 'earning a title shot' makes absolutely nothing in the UFC. This shit is turning into the WWE or something. Want a title shot? Just keep running your mouth until you get one. It's not official yet, so Hendricks might as well go out, start running his mouth about how scared GSP is of him, and hope he changes his mind.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2390
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm cool with GSP - Diaz, although I can understand people being upset. This is the fight GSP has wanted for a long time and he specifically asked for it. Might not be available in the future. Hendricks is more deserving, but he's not going anywhere. And in the meantime he can talk some trash, build his image, do one more fight and make the GSP fight that much bigger when it happens. Hate to say it, but I have no problem with DFW on this one.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2391
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well, it's becoming clear that 'earning a title shot' makes absolutely nothing in the UFC. This shit is turning into the WWE or something. Want a title shot? Just keep running your mouth until you get one. It's not official yet, so Hendricks might as well go out, start running his mouth about how scared GSP is of him, and hope he changes his mind.
He already did this a week after his win.It was when a GSP vs Silva fight was in the works and hendricks said GSP was ducking him

Anyways these title fights are hilarious.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #2392
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmmm, that makes me wonder if it even matters if Overeem beats Bigfoot. He could lose and still have a good chance at getting the next title shot.

It all sets a really bad example (especially since Diaz pissed it all away last time and is on suspension) and makes the UFC more of a target for criticism. It's easy ammo for journalists that are already against MMA.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #2393
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rousey to main event UFC 157 in February. Personally I think its a mistake to put her on PPV for her first bout. Start her off on a UFC on Fox event so people can actually SEE what womens MMA is all about. Get the division exposed to a bigger audience and help Rousey's star grow more by broadcasting her to a bigger audience. Bullheaded UFC fans arent gonna pay to see women fight even if they are intrigued by it because they wanna make a statement that they dont like it. Just reading the comments on the FB post i can tell people arent gonna give them a chance. Stuff like "UGH why women? UFC is turning into fake ass WWE" (not sure where that logic comes from but still...not a good sign for PPV buys)

*edit: oops sorry didnt see the post on the last page

Last edited by B-Low : 12-06-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #2394
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I saw that. Makes NO sense whatsoever that Diaz should get the next shot.

Hendricks:
Beats Fitch in under a minute
Beats Kos by decision
Beats Kampmann in under a minute
Doesn't get a title shot

Diaz:
Loses to Condit (who then lost to GSP)
Fails drug test and gets suspended for a year
Comes back and gets immediate title shot

I'm more interested in the Diaz fight but you are comletely right, Hendricks deserves it way more. Lets not turn this into boxing.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #2395
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Rousey to main event UFC 157 in February. Personally I think its a mistake to put her on PPV for her first bout. Start her off on a UFC on Fox event so people can actually SEE what womens MMA is all about. Get the division exposed to a bigger audience and help Rousey's star grow more by broadcasting her to a bigger audience. Bullheaded UFC fans arent gonna pay to see women fight even if they are intrigued by it because they wanna make a statement that they dont like it. Just reading the comments on the FB post i can tell people arent gonna give them a chance. Stuff like "UGH why women? UFC is turning into fake ass WWE" (not sure where that logic comes from but still...not a good sign for PPV buys)
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

The UFC has never had a women's fight before, but they have a "champion."

What?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #2396
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

What?

dana's handing out belts like it's going out of style

first we get a bunch of munchkins hopping around fighting for title in demetrious johnson and dodson and now we get the ronda belt

it's a joke. i do love the diaz gsp fight tho

u kno gsp fans woke up with a cold shiver down their back when they heard that announced
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #2397
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
you cant be serious, MMA fight Randy will wreck Seagal, you call Toney out of shape wtf is Seagal? Lmao at Akido being useful in a MMA fight

forgot the white text.....

sorry just trollin
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #2398
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

What?

Didn't Cruz and Aldo both come in as champs too since they had the belts when WEC went under? I guess its the same deal with Ronda since Strikeforce is going down
Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #2399
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Didn't Cruz and Aldo both come in as champs too since they had the belts when WEC went under? I guess its the same deal with Ronda since Strikeforce is going down
Not cruz they made him fight faber and then gave him the belt.I think its because Dana wanted Faber to win since he was a draw in the WEC.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2400
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I have no intention of watching women fight, it's not my thing. I just found that funny.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: