Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #2401
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

i'll take a stab at some predictions for tomorrow night. if i wind up wearing egg on my face, then it will just be a chance to try out my new omelet recipe.

diaz over bendo. nate is dangerous from too many places (feet, clinch, ground- top or bottom) and has that incredible cardio and high strike volume. he's also gotten a lot better over the last two years or so and IMO is not the same guy who struggled earlier at LW (and WW). bendo is a worthy champion, but unless he can pull off something big he's going to get worn down and overwhelmed by the stocktonite.

gustafsson over rua. not only is this the result we want, considering that white now calls this a "contender's match," but rua is not the same guy he used to be, both physically and in his attack variety. gustafsson is a guy who fights very effectively at his height (can't say that about some) and will pick shogun apart.

macdonald over penn. BJ has the striking advantage and that extra set of arms (i.e., his legs), but he's way out of his weight class here against a hungry, ferocious young tiger. even if he is indeed in the best shape of his life, giving up that much size tends to wear fighters down with repeated clinches and grappling, and penn's record in that dept was never good in the first place.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #2402
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im not gonna make predictions but i will post my bets later tonight
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #2403
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

I agree with most of what you said except for Nate beating Bendo.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #2404
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

After GSP coming back successfully, Diaz winning the belt would put the perfect cap on my MMA year. He works hard and he's a lot more levelheaded than his brother (which obviously isnt a hard thing to accomplish but still).
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #2405
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

diaz is a little over the weight limit (title fight limit) right now

weighed in at 155.6
and weighed in at 155.2 second try

has 2 hours to make 155 or less, shouldnt be a problem
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #2406
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

bendo over diaz. i see a decision. nate has some of the best striking around and the cardio to match bendo but he's always struggled with checking leg kicks. i think bendo can really limit and light him up in that area. one thing bendo will have to watch out for are nate's triangles but bendo has always had really good sub defense. if he has to ride to a conservative decision win, i think he'll do it.

gustafsson over rua. i just see gus picking him apart on the outside. he'll use his reach advantage and he has great footwork to pull it off. big rua fan and i still think the double knee surgery has more to do with his decline than his cardio by far...just hope this is not another 3 round brutal war. rua can't keep doing that.

macdonald over penn. macdonald just seems like the next big thing. i think macdonald is just naturally bigger and that will allow him to beat penn in the grappling game. i can easily see a sweep and penn having trouble if macdonald gets into half guard. once rory gets you where he wants, that guy turns into an animal. i still think this could potentially be a great performance for penn but it's hard to ignore that size difference and the fact that rory presses the whole fight. i can see a decision win for sure but maybe penn can pull off a sub if rory leaves his arm out there. penn did look good at weigh ins and you can never count him out if he's focused.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #2407
Edwin

Both TUF semi final fights were pretty boring, until Ricci dropped Neil with a left hand in the second fight.

Colton vs. Ricci is going to be the final.

I really like Ricci, I hope and think he will win. The UFC has made it obvious at certain points that they want Ricci to win.

He's by far the best fighter on the show and Colton isn't really that good of a fighter. Outside of having a decent wrestling base, he doesn't have much else. His BJJ was average and his striking was bad.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #2408
Edwin

Old 12-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #2409
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great card. I'll be pulling for;

Diaz over Henderson.
Penn over McDonald.
Shogun over Gustafsson.

And I love watching Siver fight. He has some dope spinning back kicks.

Last edited by bdreason : 12-08-2012 at 05:04 AM.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #2410
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

The UFC has never had a women's fight before, but they have a "champion."

What?

Well, the UFC owns Strikeforce, so I don't see a real problem with them bringing in Rousey as the UFC Women's champ... considering there is no UFC Women's division.

I don't see the women's division lasting anyways. There simply aren't enough elite and attractive women in the sport... and the truth is, not enough people want to watch two ugly girls fight.

I could see Rousey taking out a few opponents, and then the hype will die, and the UFC will run out of worthy opponents. I hope the division stays, because I don't mind women's MMA personally.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #2411
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Both TUF semi final fights were pretty boring, until Ricci dropped Neil with a left hand in the second fight.

Colton vs. Ricci is going to be the final.

I really like Ricci, I hope and think he will win. The UFC has made it obvious at certain points that they want Ricci to win.

He's by far the best fighter on the show and Colton isn't really that good of a fighter. Outside of having a decent wrestling base, he doesn't have much else. His BJJ was average and his striking was bad.
I think they clearly want Ricci to win too. I can't blame them either. I'd rather have more civilized (and still very talented) fighters representing the sport than a lot of the meatheads that you see. This season has been edited heavily to make the drunken idiots on the show look like total fools.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #2412
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz
Rory MacDonald vs. BJ Penn
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio Rua
Mike Swick vs. Matt Brown
Jeremy Stephens vs. Yves Edwards (Holy shit) I want Yves to win but Jeremy Stephens is rigged tough dude with a better chin.
Mike Easton vs. Raphael Assuncao
Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor
Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
Dennis Siver vs. Nam Phan

This is one of the better UFC cards in awhile alot of even matchups.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #2413
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My bets

Yves Edwards 2 bucks to win 3.20
Mike Swick 9 to win 5
BJ Penn 3 to win 7.80
Siver 3 to win .88

Iam gonna put big money on diaz but i want to wait to see how my bets go.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #2414
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want Bendo to win, but I think Nate will pull out a decision.
I want Gus to win (since Bones/Shogun already happened) and I give a slight edge to Gus. Shogun is too dangerous to count out of any fight.
I want Penn to win, but I think Rory will take it. I'm hoping for some Penn magic here. I like Rory, too, but he won't fight GSP.
Swick over Brown. Never thought Brown was all that good.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #2415
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Darren Cruickshank is a beast...wow...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: