Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #2506
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Gus looked slow. Jones' speed and wrestling would be too much.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #2507
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
taunting/trash talking looks really silly when you're losing so bad...
I do think it's legitimately part of Nate's gameplan. It will work against some stupider fighters too. When Nick does it though, it's because he's just a jackass.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #2508
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

50-43 judge must have been the one who gave a 10-8 in the shogun/gustafsson fight
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #2509
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
50-43 judge must have been the one who gave a 10-8 in the shogun/gustafsson fight
Thats exactly what i was thinking.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #2510
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz
Rory MacDonald vs. BJ Penn
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio Rua

Got my last three picks after a horrible start, glad I didnt put up any money tho.

GSP is gonna put the same type of beating on Nick Diaz.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #2511
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

since nate lost, maybe melendez will derail his alleged 145 plans and go after the 155 belt
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #2512
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amazing to see the Stockton slap get so completely dominated. Bendo conpletely made an ass out of me, and I love it. Also shows how amazin Edgar is for being such a little dude... one who went 1-1 in most people's minds against this beast.

Great, great win for Benson Henderson. This huge win totally cements him as the biggest badass at 155 IMO. Brav-f..king-o, dude...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #2513
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Henderson has some tree trunks for legs. Damn, those leg kicks had to hurt. Time for boxing.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #2514
jaydacris
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I do think it's legitimately part of Nate's gameplan. It will work against some stupider fighters too. When Nick does it though, it's because he's just a jackass.

yah thats true actually, especially near the end of the fight, nate was hoping to coerce benson into making a disciplinary mistake

Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #2515
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Bendo fights assassins with a ****ing toothpick in his mouth. That is the true definition of swag.
http://instagram.com/p/TAEZDYq_rE/

Last edited by DropStep : 12-08-2012 at 10:51 PM.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #2516
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I love Waldner, he was awesome and I loved playing TT when I was a kid so naturally I watched games as well and he's one of greatest of all-time!
very cool... and speaking as a tournament-level TT player, i don't think other people fully realised how nervous he got in big matches. that is, sometimes his incredible skills and his willpower won out, and sometimes his swedish cool fell apart. if you know what i mean. but winning the world championship once as a teenager and then winning it again 10 years later is probably the biggest accomplishment ever in that sport.

Quote:
Regarding Borg, I don't really care about the guy, he played too long ago and the only time I come to think about him is when I go and shit or when I'm going to get laid....
wow... i'm quite sure that's the first and last time i will ever hear someone say that about poor old bur-EEE.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #2517
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

the main card went almost as i expected, though i thought the main event would have been closer. diaz still struggles with checking leg kicks and benson would not allow him to get into any stance at all. benson might not have elite power but dude is tireless and presses you the whole time. he's also very aware of his position. the couple times diaz could have gotten an advantage on the ground, ben either got up quickly, slowed down and slipped out or just sprawled.

his clinch game and grappling is some serious stuff. he'll be tough to beat...i think a well rounded muay thai fighter or quick guy (like edgar) would give him the most trouble.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #2518
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
his clinch game and grappling is some serious stuff. he'll be tough to beat...i think a well rounded muay thai fighter or quick guy (like edgar) would give him the most trouble.
Aldo or Pettis are his only real challenges. Pettis beat Bendo by avoiding tie ups and the fence while also having better kicks. Aldo is just a monster with insane TDD.

Though Bendo was ****in amazing today, made Diaz look like an amateur. Benson is like the GSP of LW division, just so crisp and technical in every area on top of perhaps the best cardio in UFC. After that relentless assault he still looked fresh when his hand was raised. And he did all that with a toothpick in his mouth, just completely badass or idiotic depending on your view.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #2519
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Jones needs to move up to his proper weight class so we can have a real LHW class.
IDK why everyone believes this, Jones has said he walks around 228, diets down to 217 and cuts from there. There are bigger LHWs as far as weight goes. Rampage, Forest, Bonnar, Chael are 240+ and cut a lot more weight.

Jones has a big upper FRAME, but those chicken legs belong in the LW division. He is not Rumble cutting 40+ pounds lol. He makes 205 quite easily and has never missed weight, it's his weight class. Maybe his opponents should just kick those legs and expose his disadvantage.

Though he has said he will move up to HW by 2014, since he is getting bigger. People just think he is huge because of the reach, but too bad there are no reach classes. Good thing NBA caliber athletes aren't in UFC, Rondo, Durant, Smith would be even worse than Jones.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #2520
jaydacris
Rose

Yah jones weight isnt that crazy.

Chael Sonnen is walking around 240 right now. you look at the pics of him and clips of him from the new TUF, and he looks quite large.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: