Play by Play:
1. Winner of JDS vs. Cain wins a Harley, sort of hilarious idea if you've seen the roads of Urban Brazil.
2. JDS had flight issues getting to Vegas, but says he has no issues.
3. Neither man has any injuries.
4. JDS believes the fight will last longer than last time.
5. Cain is channelling his inner Mexican to steal an upset like Marquez scored over Pacquiao in the same venue a few weeks ago.
6. Surprise, surprise. There's a lot of emphasis on Brazil vs. Mexico here.
7. Not a heck of a lot of interesting questions, both guys are going to "do their best out there Saturday night"
i'm not a big junior fan, but little by little i'm starting to resent the crowd that feel he's still unproven and "shaky" as the HW king. IMO the dude is a badass, swift-footed punching beast who's nightmarish to take down and more dangerous off his back then ever (just earned his BB in BJJ).
Heh, I'm annoyed at the crowd that think he's unstoppable and will smash everyone.
cain is an awesome fighter full of heart and tremendous intensity, but his biggest flaws play a whole lot in to JDS game IMO.
agree / disagree?
Apparently, both guys were injured the first time they fought, so it should be a different fight this time around. I'm hoping it goes at least 1 round. I think Cain should push the cardio and try to tire JDS out. He gassed against Nelson and ate some shots in that fight. I'm not really a big fan of either guy, but I guess I'll root for Cain.
he pointed out that junior has very 'fencing' style footwork. i hadn't really thought of it that way but it seems to be a perfect description. he also says that cain's best bet is probably to push JDS to the fence and use dirty boxing. yea, well... good luck with that.
If Cain makes it out of the first 2 and 1/2 rounds without getting his head blasted off things become very interesting, Cain's got the best cardio out and he will probably again throw leg kicks which JDS does not really check. Cain has to get this fight into deep waters and maybe hold JDS against the cage (easier said than done) for the first portion of the fight.
But Cain's chin/head is really easy to find it seems and the two good strikers hes faced in his career blasted the living crap out of him (kongo/JDS), imo he shouldn't even be getting a title shot with that bs win over a blind Bigfoot that should have been stopped before Bigfoot was trashed when he couldn't see cause of all the blood terrible refing.
I really hope JDS wins so we can see him vs Reem in the best HW fight of all time and on top of that I really enjoy seeing Cain lose. None the less semi interesting match up.