Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #2686
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Cant believe ppl are now discrediting JDS win as a fluke. GSP-Serra was a fluke.

JDS is not Matt Serra. About the punch that dropped Cain, last time I checked thats what JDS does, his whole game is about throwing the hands and knocking dudes silly.

He went on an absolute tear through the HW division and until yesterday looked unstoppable.

Anyway he finished Cain in that first fight. Cain dominated JDS to a unanimous decision in the rematch.

Now whoever got the best of who, depends on your perspective. Some will say a 5 round manhandling is always better than a 1 minute KO.

Others will say a finish is always better than a decision.

Here's what I see, two heavyweights that are both highly skilled and highly dangerous, and who are each capable of beating the other.

Can't wait for the rubber match...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #2687
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Cant believe ppl are now discrediting JDS win as a fluke.

That's how the MMA crowd is. Many fickle fans who think a guy is a bum if he loses just 1 fight. Too many people have a 'you're only as good as your last fight' mentality.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 AM   #2688
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
That's how the MMA crowd is. Many fickle fans who think a guy is a bum if he loses just 1 fight. Too many people have a 'you're only as good as your last fight' mentality.

Yea, its a shame really. I honestly think MMA fans (Western world to be specific because the Japanese are awesome) are among the worst if not the worst sports fans in existence...
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #2689
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it shows how good JDS is yesterday even gassed out he still stuffed most of cains shots orgot up pretty quick.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #2690
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I think it shows how good JDS is yesterday even gassed out he still stuffed most of cains shots orgot up pretty quick.

He showed tremendous heart because it was clear he was running on empty in the very 1st round (to be fair to him that overhand right he took probably sapped all his energy).

To will yourself another 4 rounds, absorbing all that punishment, and to not get finished. I was thoroughly impressed. Any other fighter, and Cain finishes them in that 1st round.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #2691
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

Most of the talented/elite Brazilian fighters really seem to have a lot hearth Wandy,Shogun, JDS and Anderson just to name a few.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 AM   #2692
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it's also true that his head cleared somewhat from that 1st round shot and energy-wise he got his 2nd wind around the 4th round.

I was getting nervous for Cain at that point.

Like many have said, Cain might want to grow some confidence in his finishing skills for next time. RNC, as whatshername kept frantically tweeting... uh, tate.

Last edited by gigantes : 12-31-2012 at 10:50 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #2693
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySTATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySTATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

New Breed...

STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #2694
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Always knew Dos Santos win over Velasquez was a fluke, he got caught (and that can happen to anybody with 4 oz gloves), couldnt wait for a rematch

When you're at an elite level you don't get "caught"

Why does Cain get the benefit of the doubt but give Anderson credit for all his flash KO"s?
If anything JDS should be given MORE credit for being able to successfully tag Cain
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #2695
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dream 18/Glory 4 is on today at 10 pm EST on CBS Sports Network. Or rather, the Glory portion is being shown tonight while the Dream portion is being shown tomorrow at 10 pm EST. The events already happened, so it's a tape delay showing. You might not want to google it since the results will come up.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #2696
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
When you're at an elite level you don't get "caught"

The first thing you learn about fighting is that it doesn't matter how good you are, it only takes one clean punch on the right spot to knock you out.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #2697
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

still can't believe that actually happened on saturday night... someone pinch me or smack me upside the head, please.

now the way i see it, cain is pretty much a made legend in MMA. as a two-time HW champion and someone who absolutely destroyed the two men who held the belt at the time, he stands alone from couture in the HW division and probably even most of the other divisional champions in history. of course modern MMA is a young sport and there's no point in going overboard with this stuff, but it's still hard to imagine what he did being repeated very often in MMA history.

i feel sorry for JDS' next opponent, because whoever that person is, they're probably going to be annihilated. like, wiped off the map. overeem better pray that it's not him, because junior is still an absolute beast who few other fighters are going to be able to pressure like cain can do.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #2698
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Dream 18/Glory 4 is on today at 10 pm EST on CBS Sports Network. Or rather, the Glory portion is being shown tonight while the Dream portion is being shown tomorrow at 10 pm EST. The events already happened, so it's a tape delay showing. You might not want to google it since the results will come up.
I stayed up and watched the DREAM 18 MMA portion of the card and I'll just say I advise you guys watch it, it's really good. I missed the Le Banner vs. KOICHI Kickboxing fight from the card though.

I haven't watched the Glory 4 Heavyweight Tournament yet, but I'll watch it later.

Rolles Gracie, Minowaman, Tim Sylvia and Cro Cop also fought last night at the IGF INOKI-BOM-BA-YE card in Japan. Rolles beat someone by round 1 sub, Minowaman beat someone by round 1 sub with a heel hook, Sylvia lost to Satoshi Ishii by unanimous decision and Cro Cop beat former sumo wrestler Shinichi Suzukawa by round 1 sub with an armbar,
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #2699
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

"Your winner... From the red corner, Semmy Schilt!"
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2700
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
I stayed up and watched the DREAM 18 MMA portion of the card and I'll just say I advise you guys watch it, it's really good. I missed the Le Banner vs. KOICHI Kickboxing fight from the card though.

I haven't watched the Glory 4 Heavyweight Tournament yet, but I'll watch it later.

Rolles Gracie, Minowaman, Tim Sylvia and Cro Cop also fought last night at the IGF INOKI-BOM-BA-YE card in Japan. Rolles beat someone by round 1 sub, Minowaman beat someone by round 1 sub with a heel hook, Sylvia lost to Satoshi Ishii by unanimous decision and Cro Cop beat former sumo wrestler Shinichi Suzukawa by round 1 sub with an armbar,

Finally got around to watching it today. The Glory tourney was badass. Dream was good. The Aoki/McKee fight seemed a bit odd. Brooks looks like a nice prospect. Check out the JLB fight if you haven't already.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: