Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #2911
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Goooodddddddd damn please tell me someone else just saw that knockout on TUF. The guy that got knocked out got taken to the hospital and had short term amnesia...

I forgot it was on yesterday, but checked out the clip of it. Brutal. One of those times where you're like, 'Oh shit, that guy got knocked the **** out!', but then you're quickly concerned for the guy's well-being.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #2912
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nasty knockout
pretty scary seeing the way he was breathing when he was laid out on the mat.

and then later when mazzagatti tells the team he should be okay and start remembering things in a couple hours... damn
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #2913
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
nasty knockout
pretty scary seeing the way he was breathing when he was laid out on the mat...
i can't remember seeing a knockout victim straining for breath like that before. man, that was disturbing. it was like watching all his higher brain function shut down and the most primitive parts (that probably go back to fish or amphibians) struggling to keep operating.

some journalist was just saying that cella will be fine and should be up and around in a week. uh, no, dude... he'll never be quite the same again. brain trauma is cumulative.

as much as i ragged on AO the last few days, that dude has been knocked out ten times now and is STILL amusing and well-spoken in interviews. he's the exception to the rule (so far) and does not have a glass jaw IMO. nobody in the world can take clean shots from bigfoot and last very long, and AO might have taken twice as many as most, right there.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #2914
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
as much as i ragged on AO the last few days, that dude has been knocked out ten times now and is STILL amusing and well-spoken in interviews. he's the exception to the rule (so far) and does not have a glass jaw IMO. nobody in the world can take clean shots from bigfoot and last very long, and AO might have taken twice as many as most, right there.

If you look at Reem, the majoirty of his knockouts are due to conditioning, in Shogun x2, Nog x2, Chuck and a couple others he was winning all those fights and taking some good shots than as soon as his cardio went he was done and as well like you said hes taken some shots e.g Shogun leap into the guard punch and Bigfoot combo which no one could take. His chin is not the problem its his cardio always has been. If you have a crap chin you don't get up from being knocked down two times by Badr Hari. So I agree with you on that point

Quote:
i can't remember seeing a knockout victim straining for breath like that before. man, that was disturbing. it was like watching all his higher brain function shut down and the most primitive parts (that probably go back to fish or amphibians) struggling to keep operating

Something similar to that KO was the one when if you remember Matt Riddle KOing that BJJ guy with no stand up at the TUF try outs and the guy kept moaning hell hard that was gross.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #2915
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
If you look at Reem, the majoirty of his knockouts are due to conditioning, in Shogun x2, Nog x2, Chuck and a couple others he was winning all those fights and taking some good shots than as soon as his cardio went he was done and as well like you said hes taken some shots e.g Shogun leap into the guard punch and Bigfoot combo which no one could take. His chin is not the problem its his cardio always has been. If you have a crap chin you don't get up from being knocked down two times by Badr Hari. So I agree with you on that point
yea, that's his rep and storyline of most of his losses (from what i've seen)... but i thought he didn't gas terribly hard this fight. being mostly off the juice this fight, he was visibly less cut and even slightly flabby around his torso. which actually probably helped him last longer. muscle tissue being an energy burner and fat being a fuel, after all.

honestly, does he really need all that muscle? he's still super-strong as is and should avoid bringing down the ceiling on his cardio at all costs, i would think.

jack slack did a nice breakdown of why the reem lost, if you haven't seen it. looks like jackass was right:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/6/...ysis-judo-chop

Quote:
Something similar to that KO was the one when if you remember Matt Riddle KOing that BJJ guy with no stand up at the TUF try outs and the guy kept moaning hell hard that was gross.
that's rude. and no, i didn't see it. i tend to read a handful of MMA sites every single day but pick my spots to watch. maybe because i'm from a family of doctors or something, but it's pretty much impossible for me to sit through a full card or watch as often as most, even though i do love the sport. but i don't want to see video of shogun, edgar, etc in 10+ years when they're starting to go junior seau and stuff.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #2916
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/meth...-53-53-323.gif
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/meth...d-fike-gif.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3bShO7y07oc

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #2917
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh god somebody needs to re-up that video with a slide whistle playing while that guy falls
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #2918
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Hw7nCiBk4

Basically, those crazy Japanese people placed 16 pro fighters well-known in Japan, including Alistair Overeem, Mark Hunt, Sakuraba, Bob Sapp and Semmy Schilt, into an arm wrestling tournament.

Plus a final challenge against a former world's #1 arm wrestler for the winner!

The result is as expected.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #2919
gigantes
A piece of fluff

in the ariel - AO video interview at MMAF, reem said that it was part work, part shoot.

japan... no surprise there.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #2920
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Matt Riddle vs Simmler on TUF dude I believe broke his Jaw
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #2921
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Hw7nCiBk4

Basically, those crazy Japanese people placed 16 pro fighters well-known in Japan, including Alistair Overeem, Mark Hunt, Sakuraba, Bob Sapp and Semmy Schilt, into an arm wrestling tournament.

Plus a final challenge against a former world's #1 arm wrestler for the winner!

The result is as expected.
lolz funny thing was Mark Hunt won against the strong man in the overall competition hehehe
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #2922
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
Matt Riddle vs Simmler on TUF dude I believe broke his Jaw
Would not be suprised, that was the worst reaction to a KO I ever seen, you know when Rampage feels sorry for you its bad.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #2923
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Would not be suprised, that was the worst reaction to a KO I ever seen, you know when Rampage feels sorry for you its bad.

wow watched it again damn the sound he makes after

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...ghter-7-580191
Old 02-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #2924
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
wow watched it again damn the sound he makes after

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...ghter-7-580191

Yeah I don't think I will forget that KO as long as im alive, repped for finding it
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #2925
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The more promos I see for UFC 157, the more I think about just how screwed Dana will be if Rousey loses this fight. I mean he obviously built the entire idea of the division around her star power, but he doesn't seem to give a rats ass about the rest of the women. I mean there hasn't been a WORD about Tate or any of the other girls being offered a fight.

If this Liz chick manages to beat Rousey (in other words if she learns to block an arm bar), how quick will Dana pull the plug on this project?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: