Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #2986
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

lmao Rogan killing this guys art, scary sh!t
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #2987
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Just read this story on our news site here. Thought it was pretty funny that this dude thinks people are tuning in just to see the womens fight.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sp...-1226583439284

Machida vs Hendwho?
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #2988
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

king mo
got knocked da f*ck out tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKt9gIMarjY
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #2989
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Dana White will be on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast later tonight 5pm-ish, Pacific time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE W/ DANA WHITE IS LIVE ON AIR NOW!

http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

For those who couldn't watch it live, here's the link.

http://vimeo.com/60232846
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #2990
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
Jon fitch has earned over a million dollars in his UFC tenure, his fight with Thiago ALves earned him over 100k, I think his cut had to do with his high salary and his boring style. I believe we will see him back with a restructured salary after 2-3 wins in a smaller org.

He must've blown all his money on stuff, because if you look at the pre-fight talk and the post fight speech he was really fighting for the cash. Basically he said " I'm low on money, my family needs the paycheck, I'm not just fighting for the win, I need a bonus of some sort" (which he got with FOTN).

see articles like this one: http://camelclutchblog.com/jon-fitch...tchs-problems/

Yeah.. probaby his own fault. but still.

Anyway, I think it sucks that he got cut and I think it's wrong, eventhough I understand why the UFC did it. I just disagree with this move. Too good of a fighter and too good a record to get cut. This was a business move by the UFC. It's not just a sport.. it's about money and entertainment.

Last edited by Toizumi : 02-22-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #2991
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

yeah UFC has been really been about who can make them most money or entertains, people like Dan Hardy with so many straight losses dont get cut because they can bring in the british crowd, same with akiyama. then there are the sonnens that trash talk there way into title fights. Sometimes its not even about who deserves it anymore. Makes me wonder if more people get cut,Im also wondering why dudes like Guida dont get the Axe mans boring as hell.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #2992
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
king mo

MO fell down like he got shot by Atlanta Mall cop.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #2993
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
king mo

interesting how all the related videos are B&W 50's stuff. :P

anyway... so is that what king mo looks like without the juice?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #2994
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didn't see if you guys talked about this lately, but i'm really enjoying the entrances! i just saw the dave allred barney head one:

even funnier... he wound up gassing in the fight.

also found a page with video of five other great entrances, including the recent james te huna MIB one and the legendary genki sudo retirement entrance:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-mma-history
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #2995
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heh, I just sat through a video listening to Dana's BS on the cuts. He could have just said it was business and that Fitch was too much money, and left it at that, but he had to throw in so much more unnecessary BS into it and I'm not sure why, but I guess that's just Dana being Dana. It makes me wonder who else is going to get cut since apparently, there's over 100 too many people on the roster.

Bellator was explosive and interesting last night. Seems like the guys who were awfully arrogant and thought there's no chance in hell that they were going to lose have been losing lately - Overeem, Bubba on TUF, and now King Mo. Is Rousey next?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #2996
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just watched all 3 episodes of Primetime: Rousey vs. Carmouche

I'm a Rousey fanboy now
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #2997
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah i gotta say after watching all the Primetimes I'm a fan of both girls honestly. I think once Ronda matures a little she'll be a really good ambassador for women in sports in general, she just has too much of that "Diaz" in her right now.

Honestly I want to like Rousey, I really do. I think her biggest threat right now is Dana being in her ear constantly. (Taking this next part from a post I made on ESPN)

I think UFC's only real mistake with Ronda so far is putting her on PPV for her debut. If you're trying to convince already skeptical fans to give a fighter a chance, and gain them more exposure, it's probably not the best idea to tell people "hey, pay $50 and see if you like this". Too much of a gamble given WMMA's reputation with a lot of male fans. The smart move would have been to make Ronda the main event on the Fox card a few weeks ago. Advertise the hell out of it, put her on national free TV where curious people can watch with nothing to lose, develop a fanbase that way. Starting her off on PPV is just a bad move IMO because fans won't spend 50 bucks to give something a chance for the first time. If I go to a restaurant I'm not spending $50 on a meal I've never heard of cuz I just might hate it.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #2998
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Just watched all 3 episodes of Primetime: Rousey vs. Carmouche

I'm a Rousey fanboy now
ewwww.

but seriously, i'll give 'em a watch in the hopes they change my mind about her. b-low summed the situation up nicely IMO.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #2999
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No such thing as having too much Diaz in you
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #3000
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yeah i gotta say after watching all the Primetimes I'm a fan of both girls honestly. I think once Ronda matures a little she'll be a really good ambassador for women in sports in general, she just has too much of that "Diaz" in her right now.

Honestly I want to like Rousey, I really do. I think her biggest threat right now is Dana being in her ear constantly. (Taking this next part from a post I made on ESPN)

I think UFC's only real mistake with Ronda so far is putting her on PPV for her debut. If you're trying to convince already skeptical fans to give a fighter a chance, and gain them more exposure, it's probably not the best idea to tell people "hey, pay $50 and see if you like this". Too much of a gamble given WMMA's reputation with a lot of male fans. The smart move would have been to make Ronda the main event on the Fox card a few weeks ago. Advertise the hell out of it, put her on national free TV where curious people can watch with nothing to lose, develop a fanbase that way. Starting her off on PPV is just a bad move IMO because fans won't spend 50 bucks to give something a chance for the first time. If I go to a restaurant I'm not spending $50 on a meal I've never heard of cuz I just might hate it.

We're on the same wavelength. She's a real cool girl, definitely badass, clearly is very talented, pretty etc. She is in all truthfulness the perfect ambassador for mainstream WMMA.

I really do want to pull for her but the incessant hype/publicity around her is so insane she's become sort of a cult of personality. I'm just not a big fan of excessive publicity when it comes to individuals regardless of sport. Especially when its premature. Add in Dana's unabashed favoritism of her and its not that easy to be a fan.

I'm also miffed that her UFC debut will be the main event over Machida-Hendo. Srsly...Rousey-Carmouche over Machida-Hendo?

I respect her alot though, hearing her backstory won me over a bit. So to be clear, I don't have a problem w/ her specifically.

Anyhow, good luck to both ladies, and I would hope for a great fight but lets be real here, Carmouche has no chance against Rousey. Only fighter out there capable of dethroning her is now fighting for Invicta...

Long ass post but I conclude w/ my prediction: Rousey by Rondabar in the 1st round. I really went out on a limb on this...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: