Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #3046
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!
 
BurningHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BMO Field
Posts: 4,394
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Well, doesn't UFC keep using obviously roided-up guys like Overeem anyway?
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #3047
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

This girl has WMMA on lock. Only fighter that can dethrone her is Cyborg and that fight's not gonna happen.

Anyway, Ronda's grapple/ground game is legitimately elite. Far surpasses anything any other female fighter has to offer.

She's gonna be champ for a looooooong while. She's just that far ahead of her competition in what isn't a deep talent pool to begin w/.

Props to Carmouche though she tried. Her only shot to win that fight slipped away when Rousey bucked her off and evaded that RNC attempt.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #3048
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Hopefully Tate wins her next fight because Tate can beat rhonda in a rematch.

I honestly think so too. Tate gave the girl a fight the first time around, and if she can just avoid that damn armbar I think she can win it

But still all the props in the world go to Rousey. She's officially past the point of hype and firmly in the class of phenom. I was thinking "wow its finally gonna be something other than a first round armbar!" then bam, first round armbar

I'm also glad the crowd gave the girls the respect they deserve from walkout to finish. I saw a lot of meatheads online bashing the idea of women in the UFC and I was afraid that it would end up carrying over to the crowd, but fortunately it's just another example of internet tough guys who sit quiet in real life. Besides Cali boy Faber, I think Ronda and Liz had the two loudest ovations of the night when they walked out

Still glad I didn't pay for it, but I'm glad I was able to see it live still.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #3049
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I honestly think so too. Tate gave the girl a fight the first time around, and if she can just avoid that damn armbar I think she can win it

But still all the props in the world go to Rousey. She's officially past the point of hype and firmly in the class of phenom. I was thinking "wow its finally gonna be something other than a first round armbar!" then bam, first round armbar

I'm also glad the crowd gave the girls the respect they deserve from walkout to finish. I saw a lot of meatheads online bashing the idea of women in the UFC and I was afraid that it would end up carrying over to the crowd, but fortunately it's just another example of internet tough guys who sit quiet in real life. Besides Cali boy Faber, I think Ronda and Liz had the two loudest ovations of the night when they walked out

Still glad I didn't pay for it, but I'm glad I was able to see it live still.

Yea the crowd was def pumped up for both girls. Though I must say,when Carmouche had the RNC I was laughing my ass off because of the whole Faber resemblance thing, it would've been too funny if she won the same way he did.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #3050
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,918
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

These 2 are zombies

Last edited by pauk : 02-24-2013 at 01:32 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #3051
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 15,037
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I'm not one of those meat heads that hate women MMA because I think they can't fight.

The reason I dislike it, is that I don't want to see a female get their faced bash in. They are not your typical women fighters....there punches are legit punches to the face and not the usual slapping around chick fights.

Those girls are pretty legit tho.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #3052
jaydacris
Rose
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 19,380
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

next week's ufc card is gonna be sick
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #3053
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 15,037
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Also, nobody wants to see a female get knock the F out like Overeem did.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #3054
jaydacris
Rose
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 19,380
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

so is ronda gonna get the sub of the night? or will it go to robertson kneebar

i doubt faber is getting it

other two bonuses are very obvious (lawler: only ko/tko of the night, bermudez-grice FOTN)
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #3055
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 16,142
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
next week's ufc card is gonna be sick
It is

I dont understand why liz decided to stayed on her back when it was clear she could have gotten up while rhonda was adjusting her bra.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #3056
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
I'm not one of those meat heads that hate women MMA because I think they can't fight.

The reason I dislike it, is that I don't want to see a female get their faced bash in. They are not your typical women fighters....there punches are legit punches to the face and not the usual slapping around chick fights.

Those girls are pretty legit tho.

Yeah I mean I can understand that. Men are naturally gonna be more sympathetic and "protective" I guess of women, where you don't wanna see them get hurt.

But I will say, Rousey and Liz were a hell of a lot more entertaining, active and aggressive in their 5 minutes of action than Hendo/Machida were in their full 15 minutes. It was too short to be FOTN but there's no chance on earth that Dana doesn't give her submission of the night
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #3057
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,986
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

The guy who won with the leg submission should get sub bonus

I doubt Ronda has any monetary issues now
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #3058
DropStep
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
next week's ufc card is gonna be sick

Im amazed at how little press Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard is getting. That honestly should be the main event.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #3059
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 15,037
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yeah I mean I can understand that. Men are naturally gonna be more sympathetic and "protective" I guess of women, where you don't wanna see them get hurt.

But I will say, Rousey and Liz were a hell of a lot more entertaining, active and aggressive in their 5 minutes of action than Hendo/Machida were in their full 15 minutes. It was too short to be FOTN but there's no chance on earth that Dana doesn't give her submission of the night

My stance still stands even though it was the best fight tonight but it was hard to see Rousey's face the way it was. Maybe as I get use to it, I will warm up to it.

I don't mind the submission from the women but I hope there isn't a woman out there with knock out power because we would be seeing Overeem getting knocked out type of fights.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #3060
jaydacris
Rose
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 19,380
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

bonus announced

robertson: sub
lawler: ko
fotn: bermudez/grice

im glad robertson got it, im sure he could use the money more than ronda
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy