Originally Posted by Hazard
Players wear jerseys in games and fans secretly fantasize about massaging their favorite players balls with their tongue but since they are unable to, they buy jerseys.
You don't wear jerseys in MMA. Tap out is a brand for fighting equipment meant for fighters not arbitrary fat turds on the street.
Martial arts should not be marketed the same as other sports. Its an art form meant for combat, not entertainment.
- MMA fighters/those of us who train wear Jersey's all the time...the Hitman( V Silva's company) facility near me sells alot of MMA jerseys
- The UFC changed alot of the rules to make it more "point fighting" and more entertaining...I would say the true "martial art" part is not as important in Todays MMA.
- Time limits/weight classes/points for takedowns and Octagon control make it more entertianing and more of a sport...then " a real hand to hand combat scenario"
- I remebember watching early MMA smokers....and the JuJitsu guys would be wearing JJ shirts...screaming "Ju....Jitsu....Ju .....Jitsu"
- I view the UFC as more of a sport now then a Tru "combat scenario" ( like the early UFC's)
BJJ guys now are forced to push the action/get better positsions vs bieng patient and waiting...
wrestlers get stood up if they don't improve position....Guy's lose because they get taken down?....even though they do more damage from the guard..
- It's all a sport now....heck just watch the way it's promoted on FX...it looks just like FOX Football show...even the fighters are promoted like WWF wrestlers.