Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #3136
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,980
sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I wasn't able to watch the fights live, anyone have a link to Silva/Stann? I got to see Hunt/Struve on YouTube, but Silva/Stann was taken down.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #3137
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,656
andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Epic KO by Wanderlei man is a living legend now doubt, but in saying that I would not be at all suprised if he was ethier on Hormone replacment therapy or gets done for PED's, he looked far more muscular and had similar speed to what he had back in the day and thats impossible after all the KO's hes taken and age. He was tank, ripped and moving faster than he was since he left Pride which raises an eyebrow as well as taking punches better and recovering quicker. Killer fight and mad finish I dislike Stann strongly since he always brings up that Marine crap like dude no on cares if you were a Marine but he came out and he put on a hell of fight himself.

Lombard exposed everytime he fights a top 10 fighter nothing new, the days of feasting on scrubs in Bellator could be back soon for him, and that guy who KOed Paulo Thiago lost rather easily to Kim

That was the first ever boring fight Diego has ever been in the UFC, the guy has only looked good for 1 round @155 and that was the first round against Clay Guida, he looked awful 2night and fought like a crap/slow version of Frankie Edgar rather than Diego Sanchez could it be cause he went back to Greg Jacksons?

Last edited by andremiller07 : 03-03-2013 at 04:46 AM.
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #3138
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Wandy didn't look that fast to me. He was kind of slow on a lot of the exchanges between the two and caught a number of times.

I don't see why people would hate Stann over the military thing. It's not worse than all the people who constantly praise Jesus as if Jesus wanted that person to brutally KO his opponent.

Lombard exposed against top 10 opponents? He lost a BS decision to Boetsch and a close decision (1 round to 2) to Okami by being outwrestled by a really strong wrestler, and if Lombard had any gas left then he probably KOs Okami in the 3rd. He doesn't have great cardio, so he probably shouldn't wait 'til the 3rd round to go all out.

Diego looked worried about Gomi's power and for good reason. I'm just surprised he won the decision. I guess his aggressiveness at the very end won it for him? I pretty much scored it a draw. All the media people gave it to Gomi: http://mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=4057
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #3139
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,656
andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Wandy didn't look that fast to me. He was kind of slow on a lot of the exchanges between the two and caught a number of times.

I don't see why people would hate Stann over the military thing. It's not worse than all the people who constantly praise Jesus as if Jesus wanted that person to brutally KO his opponent.

Lombard exposed against top 10 opponents? He lost a BS decision to Boetsch and a close decision (1 round to 2) to Okami by being outwrestled by a really strong wrestler, and if Lombard had any gas left then he probably KOs Okami in the 3rd. He doesn't have great cardio, so he probably shouldn't wait 'til the 3rd round to go all out.

Diego looked worried about Gomi's power and for good reason. I'm just surprised he won the decision. I guess his aggressiveness at the very end won it for him? I pretty much scored it a draw. All the media people gave it to Gomi: http://mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=4057

Wandy looked way more athletic & muscular in that fight than he has in any of his others in the UFC, also you have to realise Stann is a extremely explosive athlete himself and Wandy was not far behind him in speed while throwing wider punches.

Lombard: 4 losses = Gono when he was good, Mousasi he lost easily getting control and did zero damage in that fight and could not deliver against two guys in Okami/Boetsch he should have blown out of the water with all his hype coming in. Hes lost 4 of 5 in Pride/UFC which were the best fight companies when he was in them.

Diego worried about Gomi's power? Hes take the biggest shots from Kampmann, Ellenberger, Penn & others who are far harder/faster/more accurate hitters than Gomi, the guy has seriously never looked good @155, while he may be to small @170 its his best weight.

Also Kenny Florian is HORRIBLE at commentary the guy dick rides one fighter till the end no matter what, he says punches land which only hit air the dude is 1/100 of the commentator of Joe Rogan.
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #3140
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est
 
ErhnamDjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurking in Dominaria
Posts: 2,576
ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Wandy looked way more athletic & muscular in that fight than he has in any of his others in the UFC, also you have to realise Stann is a extremely explosive athlete himself and Wandy was not far behind him in speed while throwing wider punches.

Lombard: 4 losses = Gono when he was good, Mousasi he lost easily getting control and did zero damage in that fight and could not deliver against two guys in Okami/Boetsch he should have blown out of the water with all his hype coming in. Hes lost 4 of 5 in Pride/UFC which were the best fight companies when he was in them.

Diego worried about Gomi's power? Hes take the biggest shots from Kampmann, Ellenberger, Penn & others who are far harder/faster/more accurate hitters than Gomi, the guy has seriously never looked good @155, while he may be to small @170 its his best weight.

Also Kenny Florian is HORRIBLE at commentary the guy dick rides one fighter till the end no matter what, he says punches land which only hit air the dude is 1/100 of the commentator of Joe Rogan.
wandy still looked smaller considering it was his return to 205 look at the jacked up pride fights even the one with Jardine , he looks smaller now, he just fought smarter and picked his shots and even then he got dropped, the issue was Stann played into the exchange game and paid for it, we got a exciting fight Stann even admitted he became to aggressive and paid for it
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #3141
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,656
andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
wandy still looked smaller considering it was his return to 205 look at the jacked up pride fights even the one with Jardine , he looks smaller now, he just fought smarter and picked his shots and even then he got dropped, the issue was Stann played into the exchange game and paid for it, we got a exciting fight Stann even admitted he became to aggressive and paid for it

Holy shit I didn't know they fought @205, I take back everything I said than, I thought they were fighting @185 (since both he and Stann are technically MW's at this point). Since I thought it was @185 please disregard everything I said about Wandy/Stann fight in the previous 2 posts, I was thinking man Wandy looks freaking huge @185 compared to his previous fights where he looked so drained but now that I know its @205 than the UFC has to make Sonnen vs Wandy afrer Bones quickly subs him. My bad I didn't watch the weigh-ins nor have I been reading much about the UFC lately so I have no clue they fought 1 weight class above.
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #3142
SourPatchKids
Banned
 
SourPatchKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dooney Rock
Posts: 7,110
SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Sanchez vs Gomi was sick, fights like these shouldn't go to decision.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #3143
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Lombard: 4 losses = Gono when he was good, Mousasi he lost easily getting control and did zero damage in that fight and could not deliver against two guys in Okami/Boetsch he should have blown out of the water with all his hype coming in. Hes lost 4 of 5 in Pride/UFC which were the best fight companies when he was in them.

The Mousasi and Gono fights were from 7 years ago and aren't relevant. Why should he have blown Okami out of the water? Okami is one of the top guys in the division, and only someone like Anderson Silva would be considered to do that. I don't put much stock in other people hyping fighters, I go by my own opinion. I wouldn't expect Michael Chandler to come in and decimate the UFC's LW division.

Quote:
Diego worried about Gomi's power? Hes take the biggest shots from Kampmann, Ellenberger, Penn & others who are far harder/faster/more accurate hitters than Gomi, the guy has seriously never looked good @155, while he may be to small @170 its his best weight.

What else could it be? I have no idea what his game plan was. He had 0 aggression until the very end of the fight. You think their game plan was to pretty much do nothing for no reason? Gomi's always been considered one of the hardest punchers for the smaller weight classes and some think he's the hardest P4P puncher in MMA. ESPN put him at 8: http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/photos/...rs-mma-history

Quote:
Also Kenny Florian is HORRIBLE at commentary the guy dick rides one fighter till the end no matter what, he says punches land which only hit air the dude is 1/100 of the commentator of Joe Rogan.

I will agree here. Florian has a ways to go as a commentator. I don't know what he's watching sometimes.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #3144
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,656
andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
The Mousasi and Gono fights were from 7 years ago and aren't relevant. Why should he have blown Okami out of the water? Okami is one of the top guys in the division, and only someone like Anderson Silva would be considered to do that. I don't put much stock in other people hyping fighters, I go by my own opinion. I wouldn't expect Michael Chandler to come in and decimate the UFC's LW division. .
Fair call, but imo Lombard would have been a favourite in both the fights he lost in the UFC plus Okami has not really looked that good since the Silva fight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
What else could it be? I have no idea what his game plan was. He had 0 aggression until the very end of the fight. You think their game plan was to pretty much do nothing for no reason? Gomi's always been considered one of the hardest punchers for the smaller weight classes and some think he's the hardest P4P puncher in MMA. ESPN put him at 8: http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/photos/...rs-mma-history.
I think its 2 things potenitally
1. The weight cut @155 didn't go well and Diego knew he couldn't go out there full energy, he has never had quiet the same gas tank @155 as he did @170, he gassed badly against Clay after the first round by his standerds.

2. Greg Jackson: does he make fighters smarter/better most the time yes, does he make them more exciting not really. Look at Migel Torres few fights before he got cut, Clay Guida going around in circles against Gray Maynard. Greg is a good coach but Diego is at his best when hes attacking and sometimes attacking recklessly hes simply not skilled or talented enough to fight any other way, Is Gomi a hard puncher yeah but hes not the same punches he was in Pride and honestly do you think anyone can KO Deigo Sanchez?
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #3145
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,425
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
He got rocked and was basically a deer in headlights
The thing that confused me was all those times that he got hit, then covered up but still stayed right in front of Hunt. Even covering up, giving Hunt a standing target to wail on must've done some damage, not to mention the couple body shots he took. Struve wasn't moving as much as he should but I guess he could've been really tired.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #3146
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
Struve wanted to keep fighting , he wanted to take out a tooth that broke off that got stuck in his cheek. But His jaw was broken too, damn nasty

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #3147
Toizumi
veteran savvy
 
Toizumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,463
Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low

Somebody on Sherdog pointed out the name: Sutoruvu!!

F*ck Bruce Buffer, they should have let that crazy Pride woman do the intro's at that last event

Pride entrances were just more epic overall. When sandstorm started playing this weekend, I was hoping for Wand to come up out of the floor with lights flashing everywhere All we got a shot of Wand walking somewhere backstage, out of a tunnel. No smoke nothing Really lame..

This is an entrance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-wCXgS_dYE

Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #3148
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,016
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Somebody on Sherdog pointed out the name: Sutoruvu!!

Eh, the Japanese tend to follow every consonant with a vowel, looks pretty straightforward to me.

That looks like a wicked break though, god damn.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #3149
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Somebody on Sherdog pointed out the name: Sutoruvu!!

F*ck Bruce Buffer, they should have let that crazy Pride woman do the intro's at that last event

Pride entrances were just more epic overall. When sandstorm started playing this weekend, I was hoping for Wand to come up out of the floor with lights flashing everywhere All we got a shot of Wand walking somewhere backstage, out of a tunnel. No smoke nothing Really lame..

Oh, God no, I always hated that screaming banshee. She was awfully annoying. If you want extravagant entrances then go watch pro wrestling. Outside of entrance music, what do they really need? I don't need some Japanese dude in a diaper banging a drum. I'm watching for the fights, not to see a guy walking to the ring with a bunch of lasers and smoke everywhere. That stuff works well for pro wrestling, where gimmicks are a big part of it, but it's just so unnecessary for MMA.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #3150
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est
 
ErhnamDjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurking in Dominaria
Posts: 2,576
ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Damn Hunto messed up Struve bad, posted from Struve's twitter account.



oh and crazy Pride lady is so fun but would probably only work in Japan, btw she is the voice of Nina Williams in Tekken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Oh, God no, I always hated that screaming banshee. She was awfully annoying. If you want extravagant entrances then go watch pro wrestling. Outside of entrance music, what do they really need? I don't need some Japanese dude in a diaper banging a drum. I'm watching for the fights, not to see a guy walking to the ring with a bunch of lasers and smoke everywhere. That stuff works well for pro wrestling, where gimmicks are a big part of it, but it's just so unnecessary for MMA.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy