Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #3166
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

lolz imagine if they give the fight to hunt and somehow in so magical xmas land hunt beats Jds, that sure is going to put a monkey wrench in things, problem is I see jds go to the ground right away.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #3167
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I'd just have JDS wait then. Reem's camp says he's sidelined for 4-5 weeks and will be ready to go by July. Their fight was scheduled for the end of May. I'd rather wait a month and a half and have them fight than settle for something else. We've been waiting a long time to see those two go at it.
yup. agreed.

at the same time i'm kind of 50/50 on wanting to see JDS send reem to the ICU. because barring a lucky punch / kick, that would surely be the directional.

it could also very well be the fight to end reem's career. i mean, how would such a proud man keep going after cocking it up so much and then getting publically brutalised 2x in a row? not sure he's equipped to deal with that level of humiliation, plus it would have been a dozen times or so that he'd been knocked out at that point. starting to get pretty sad, pretty quickly, although of course fight fans wouldn't give a flying eff about any of that.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #3168
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mark hunt was saying he wanted the fight, and then dana white said mark hunt turned it down when it was offered to him

looks like jds and overeem in the summer

i think jds/overeem should be co main event for silva/weidman ufc 162 card. that would be bonkers

oh and apparently nick diaz and gsp had a hilarious conference media call today

some notable quotes:

gsp getting frustrated with how nick diaz was talking so he says "i speak better english than you" lol

nick diaz: "im real superhero, coming in with the anti bullshit"

superhero
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #3169
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Question for GSP, going back to Nick's pampering comment for a response, are you pampered?

[Interruption by Nick Diaz]

Nick Diaz: I hope so motherf**ker if I had that much money I'd be fuc*ing pampering myself the f*ck up. I be having motherfu*kers pampering my shit left and fuking right. There be motherfu*kers every hour, on hour, someone to come and pamper me out. Period.

GSP: Let me tell you[nick] something uneducated fool. Listen to me..

Nick Diaz: WOW, wow.

GSP: What I have...

Nick Diaz: right okay.. you do a great job at explaining and making things real for what they are..alright motherfu*ker i'm not stupid..I can tell what's what.

GSP: Yeah... you look pretty smart right now..

Nick Diaz: I'll listen, say what you're gonna say..i'll listen..say what you're gonna say and, you know, i can understand you.

GSP: I have not always been like this. I was not always really rich. I start from the bottom. I make myself, I work very hard to be where I am right now. And as much as I know you don't believe this because you didn't succeed yet; and maybe you will never succeed in your life because I don't think you're smart enough to understand how you should do things when you reach that point. When you talk about stuff that people are doing for me, its called passive income. When you reach a point for your business, you need people, you need a team to work for you to make the money rolling.

Nick Diaz: That sounds nice, George. That sounds nice George. Okay, If I wore some tight shorts out there and got a fuc*ing haircut, and I had someone butter me up don't tell me this bullsh*t. Maybe it would of worked out, but I doubt it. You don't even know where I come from, and you trying to talk about where you come from. You should see the shit over here..nobody wants to come around here. Nobody gives a shit..

GSP: You don't know anything about man..You don't know anything about me...

Nick Diaz: I'm sure you worked hard

GSP: You have no idea..

Nick Diaz: You worked hard on your backflip and you got your shit right - ****ing got out there.

GSP: you not the only one who is jealous.

Nick Diaz: I'm not jealous, okay. You do the right shit what you had to do okay.. you had a year on me too....... I don't have anything to say to you. (goes on for a little bit). ..So what your pampered out, I don't have anything against that. All i'm saying is, look, I hope so motherfu**er, because this is some fu*k up shit. And if I had the money, and if I had the right type of people on my side working for me I would do it.

GSP: if you are where you are right now and where i am because it is not fault because of you did not succeed.

Nick Diaz: Okay.. I didn't fuc*ing succeed..... You the one, fuc*ing rapping about how, you know, whether you are pampered or not pampered, whatever, answer the fu*king question. That's all this is about. You don't have any fuc*ing arguments with me.

GSP: I don't even know what that means man.

Nick Diaz: you don't have any argument

GSP: I don't understand the words you are saying because you English is..I speak better English than you man. Talk to me like a normal being man.

Nick Diaz: no you keep talking shyt and your out of line, straight up. You understand that right? Your rapping that bullshyt and you're fuking out of line. Understand that..
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #3170
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^ Jesus christ GSP is gonna beat the living shit out of this dude. We really might see the first St Pierre finish in years

What an idiot
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #3171
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
^^ Jesus christ GSP is gonna beat the living shit out of this dude. We really might see the first St Pierre finish in years

What an idiot
I wouldn't sign off Nick just yet, but it will be a great fight for sure!

I remember fight between Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone. Cowboy was too angry because of Nate's trashtalk and it cost him the fight...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #3172
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I wouldn't sign off Nick just yet, but it will be a great fight for sure!

I remember fight between Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone. Cowboy was too angry because of Nate's trashtalk and it cost him the fight...

Difference is GSP is a lot more mentally tough than Cowboy and arguably one of the smartest fighters in UFC history. Look back at the interviews with Nate/Cowboy and Donald lowered himself to Nate's level. Nate started cussing and namecalling and all of a sudden cowboy starts soundin like a 16 year old in the hood lol. "Muh fugga you wanna bang then lets bang boy shit i dont care! f*ck me? f*ck YOU son! It's whateva!"

GSP just kinda sits back and lets Nick talk his talk. It's gonna be an ass whooping
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #3173
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

Nick Diaz: I hope so motherf**ker if I had that much money I'd be fuc*ing pampering myself the f*ck up. I be having motherfu*kers pampering my shit left and fuking right. There be motherfu*kers every hour, on hour, someone to come and pamper me out. Period.

God I hope Nick kicks his ass somehow.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #3174
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Difference is GSP is a lot more mentally tough than Cowboy and arguably one of the smartest fighters in UFC history. Look back at the interviews with Nate/Cowboy and Donald lowered himself to Nate's level. Nate started cussing and namecalling and all of a sudden cowboy starts soundin like a 16 year old in the hood lol. "Muh fugga you wanna bang then lets bang boy shit i dont care! f*ck me? f*ck YOU son! It's whateva!"

GSP just kinda sits back and lets Nick talk his talk. It's gonna be an ass whooping

- by ass whooping...do you mean jab...jab....takedown....stand up...(repeat)

- Nick Diaz has never gotten his ass whooped....he's gotten cut up...but anybody thinkin they gonna whoop nick diaz?....aint gonna happen.

(He never tapped out because someone was punching him...like GSP has.)

- I def see GSP winning by scoring more points...GSP = better at scoring points...Nick Diaz = better at fighting.

watch the Pettis vs Guida fight....same thing is gonna happen.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 03-07-2013 at 09:22 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #3175
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- by ass whooping...do you mean jab...jab....takedown....stand up...(repeat)

- Nick Diaz has never gotten his ass whooped....he's gotten cut up...but anybody thinkin they gonna whoop nick diaz?....aint gonna happen.

(He never tapped out because someone was punching him...like GSP has.)

- I def see GSP winning by scoring more points...GSP = better at scoring points...Nick Diaz = better at fighting.

watch the Pettis vs Guida fight....same thing is gonna happen.

Agreed, watching the Condit vs GSP fight as well I walked away thinking Condit is a better fighter but GSP just out scored him with points on takedowns than pretended to do work in the guard. Condit/Diaz are both better fighters but they don't have the physical skills to lay on top of people.

Will GSP beat Diaz yeah most likely, will he finish him no chance.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #3176
Norcaliblunt
Good High School Starter

Norcaliblunt is considered somewhat coolNorcaliblunt is considered somewhat cool

209 beyatches!!!!
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #3177
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
209 beyatches!!!!
Didn't realize there are so many 209 people on the boards. That's four by my count plus I think AlphaWolf said he lived or worked in the area before.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #3178
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I some of this "GSP will win but Diaz is a better fighter" stuff.

Isn't the sport MMA? Hasn't GSP clearly been the better fighter when it comes to MMA? Wrestling is a part of that, you know. Are you guys talking if these guys just took out into the street or something? If so, who cares?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #3179
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and there's still the chance that nick no-shows. he ain't sounding any more stable with time.

what does GSP do then? if i was him i would NOT want to do a full camp for diaz and then suddenly have to fight hendricks.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #3180
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Agreed, watching the Condit vs GSP fight as well I walked away thinking Condit is a better fighter but GSP just out scored him with points on takedowns than pretended to do work in the guard. Condit/Diaz are both better fighters but they don't have the physical skills to lay on top of people.

Will GSP beat Diaz yeah most likely, will he finish him no chance.

How can you say GSP will win the fight but Diaz is a better fighter. Points are part of mma, wrestling is part of mma, physical skills are part of mma. Thats like saying this year the 49ers were the best team in the NFL even though the Ravens beat them in the superbowl, thats just nonsense.

And GSP is not Gray Maynard, he doesn't just lay on people all his fights.

Of his first 18 MMA wins, 5 were by decision, 5 by submission and 8 by KO/TKO. More recently he does fight more conservatively because he's with Greg Jackson but his game isn't lacking in any aspect of fighting.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: