Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #3211
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

why post pics of Fighters faces...and not post pics of GSP's

vs condit

vs BJ

vs fitch..

- and why are people using Basketball in relation to MMA?....a team sport that you have a definite winner?

-Blake Griffin vs Duncan?.....no GSP is more Like Lebron James not entering the dunk contest because he might lose.

- again..GSP is agreat fighter...he does use take downs and plays it safe so he wont get hit.

Wonderful!!....he doesn't get hit.....Hey Nick .....just stand in your corner and never engage!....throw 1 leg kick and run away for 5 rounds.....you will score more points!!..and win!......some people will say you are smart!

PS: Nick is not a offensive fighter..he just tries to fight..not score points...he is a fighter who uses his Boxing to soften up his opponent/make his opponent desperate....I'm sure if he cared about scoring points/vs winning and being an exciting fighter he could just hang back and jab alittle....maybe go for a submission once in awhile and win.

thank god he doesn't fight like that.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 03-09-2013 at 09:10 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #3212
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
He got his face rearranged by KJ Noons. He took some big shots from Gomi. He got his ass kicked by Jeremy Jackson, but that was a long time ago.

Before Nick got surgery he got cut easily...KJ noons landed some good shots...was it a azz whoopin?...no...It was stopped because of a cut...

Jeremy Jackson blasted him and won very early in the fight....Nick didn't tap ( like GSP did)

What? The guy who arguably lost to Mike Aina is a better fighter? The guy who doesn't know how to change his style if it isn't working is a better fighter? The guy who has been lost against wrestlers is a better fighter?

change his style?...you mean work on double leg and control position so he doesn't get hit?

What good fighters has Nick finished? Yeah, that's what I thought.

serial?...Lawler,Neer,Tibau,Cybog,Daley,Gomi....

it's been 5 years since GSP finished someone
!@

I really hope GSP doesn't **** up. Nick as champ? I wouldn't know what to say. Maybe the emo would finally learn to cheer up a bit? Crack a smile? I don't know, I just hope it goes like Ben Askren/Karl Amoussou.

emo?....

Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #3213
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
so is this discussion like separating people truly interested in the science of MMA from those who just like to see a good brawl?

but... i do see one of you currently losing, if i had to call the decision right this moment...

kind of sounds like.....when MMA first started in the states...

Boxing fans would say.." oh MMA/UFC is just brawling, hugging and stupid"...a good boxer would smash a BJJ expert....or MMA fighter"

"Boxing is a science.....MMA fighters just brawl"

- what I'm saying is......we have to top shelf MMA fighters.... go out and try to render the opponent helpless or make him quit.

If that means putting yourself in a position where you may get hit...ok, that's why it's called Fighting.

- I under stand the super technical part...I understand not wanting to take damage.....but the main goal should be...FINISHING...not escaping damage.

- if escaping damage is the main goal....then never go for a takedown.....always circle away......and just jab.

- to me a great "MMA Fighter" is someone who fights with a passion to end the fight ......while using extreme technical skill....
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #3214
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
kind of sounds like.....when MMA first started in the states...

Boxing fans would say.." oh MMA/UFC is just brawling, hugging and stupid"...a good boxer would smash a BJJ expert....or MMA fighter"

"Boxing is a science.....MMA fighters just brawl"

- what I'm saying is......we have to top shelf MMA fighters.... go out and try to render the opponent helpless or make him quit.

If that means putting yourself in a position where you may get hit...ok, that's why it's called Fighting.

- I under stand the super technical part...I understand not wanting to take damage.....but the main goal should be...FINISHING...not escaping damage.

- if escaping damage is the main goal....then never go for a takedown.....always circle away......and just jab.

- to me a great "MMA Fighter" is someone who fights with a passion to end the fight ......while using extreme technical skill....

I completely agree with you but the problem might not be the actual fighters doing this but rather the abuse of a poor scoring system. The only reason fighters like GSP fight the way they do is yeah to avoid damage and win at the same time, under Pride rules they would only avoid damage but not win.

The problem is not the fighter style but the fact the system is faulty and allows them to get away with simply holding/lay n gay on top of someone making fights amazingly boring and not really getting a fight but rather one guy holding on for dear life so the other guy can't stand up or even get a proper submission attempt. If they changed the scoring rules you would have more exciting fights and enough of the "skill" invovled where one guy just lays on top of another man while not trying to inflict damage or go for a submission.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #3215
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I completely agree with you but the problem might not be the actual fighters doing this but rather the abuse of a poor scoring system. The only reason fighters like GSP fight the way they do is yeah to avoid damage and win at the same time, under Pride rules they would only avoid damage but not win.

The problem is not the fighter style but the fact the system is faulty and allows them to get away with simply holding/lay n gay on top of someone making fights amazingly boring and not really getting a fight but rather one guy holding on for dear life so the other guy can't stand up or even get a proper submission attempt. If they changed the scoring rules you would have more exciting fights and enough of the "skill" invovled where one guy just lays on top of another man while not trying to inflict damage or go for a submission.

GSP moves forward, gets his opponents on the ground and controls them and pounds on them. Even if he doesn't finish him, he's usually the agressor and he controls fights. Pride rules wouldn't change that. In some situations he'd be able to knee his opponent to the head to finish the fight as well.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #3216
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Before Nick got surgery he got cut easily...KJ noons landed some good shots...was it a azz whoopin?...no...It was stopped because of a cut...

Yeah, he was getting whooped, and if it wasn't stopped then it would have been worse.

Quote:
Jeremy Jackson blasted him and won very early in the fight....Nick didn't tap ( like GSP did)

And? Nick still got his ass beat.

Quote:
change his style?...you mean work on double leg and control position so he doesn't get hit?

I'm talking about changing things up if what you're doing isn't working.

Quote:
serial?...Lawler,Neer,Tibau,Cybog,Daley,Gomi....

I said good opponents. Really, Cyborg? You serial? Lawler was fairly early in his career and that was a long time ago. Neer is quite a stretch, and again, long ago. Tibau is another stretch and yet once again, long ago. Daley is another stretch, but at least fairly recent. You're pretty much just naming above average fighters who aren't all that good outside of Lawler and Gomi, but unfortunately, the Gomi win doesn't even count on his record. So basically, we're left with Lawler from 2004...

Quote:
it's been 5 years since GSP finished someone!@

It's only been 4 years, and are we conveniently forgetting that GSP has been out for 2 years with an injury? And, who cares if they're finishes or not? He screwed up the armbar a little bit against Hardy, but many people would have tapped to that. He broke Kos' orbital and had him out for almost a year. He fought Shields with 1 eye for half the fight. Besides, those guys are really, really tough to finish.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #3217
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Yeah, he was getting whooped, and if it wasn't stopped then it would have been worse.

he was not getting whoopedhe got cut ( he had a lot of scar tissue on his eyelids/brow that he since had removed)

And? Nick still got his ass beat.

meh..who knows he was dazed....he wasn't out...and he beat Jackson twice afterwards.

I'm talking about changing things up if what you're doing isn't working.

I said good opponents. Really, Cyborg? You serial? Lawler was fairly early in his career and that was a long time ago. Neer is quite a stretch, and again, long ago. Tibau is another stretch and yet once again, long ago. Daley is another stretch, but at least fairly recent. You're pretty much just naming above average fighters who aren't all that good outside of Lawler and Gomi, but unfortunately, the Gomi win doesn't even count on his record. So basically, we're left with Lawler from 2004...

so all those guys aren't good fighters?....

like Dan Hardy?...

go away kid.

It's only been 4 years, and are we conveniently forgetting that GSP has been out for 2 years with an injury? And, who cares if they're finishes or not? He screwed up the armbar a little bit against Hardy, but many people would have tapped to that. He broke Kos' orbital and had him out for almost a year. He fought Shields with 1 eye for half the fight. Besides, those guys are really, really tough to finish.

It's been well over 4 years since GSP put himself in a position to finish.

- again, he is a great fighter, he does a great job at staying in top control....( to escape damage)...but he still gets damaged

- I understand he is being smart...but at some point it's a timed sport now....and the main priority should be trying to end the fight....

- again, GSP has a great Jab!...why should he put himself in danger and go for a takedown? ( he might get hit/kneed...or subbed) just jab and score points via octagon control/punches landed..

that would be the smartest way to fight...if he doesn't want to take damage.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 03-10-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #3218
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07

Exactly!!

that's why I said GSP is better at scoring points....Nick is a better fighter.

obviously it went over heads here.

In a Pride rules event GSP would not have won fighting the way he does.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #3219
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
he was not getting whoopedhe got cut ( he had a lot of scar tissue on his eyelids/brow that he since had removed)

Did Nick cut himself? No, he got cut from punches. Noons even dropped him in the fight. Nick kept shooting for takedowns and did that butt scooting shit on the ground. It kind of looked like he really wanted the fight to go to the ground.

Quote:
so all those guys aren't good fighters?....

Some of the guys you listed are pretty much LWs (though, I still give him plenty of praise for Gomi). Neer even lost to Nick's brother. Cyborg is highly inconsistent, and just not that good. Daley is alright, but has trouble making weight and fighting intelligently.

Quote:
like Dan Hardy?...

Hardy had a 7-fight win streak at the time, or if you don't count the DQ loss, then he was on a 12-fight win streak. He didn't look bad at the time. If I'm naming GSP's good wins, then no, I probably wouldn't list Hardy, but I sure as hell wouldn't list guys like Neer, Tibau, or Cyborg either.

Quote:
It's been well over 4 years since GSP put himself in a position to finish.

5 fights. 2 of which he got injured during, but still kept on dominating anyways. 1 where many guys would have tapped. Another where he put the other guy out of action for 9 months. The other was Condit (who beat Nick) and also, Condit hasn't been finished in nearly 7 years. Those guys aren't easy to finish. Shields has only been finished once in the past about 12 years. Kos has only been finished 3 times in his career and you could argue the 2 most recent ones were early stoppages. Hardy went about 5 and a half years without getting finished when he faced GSP. Oh, but let's get on GSP because he didn't finished guys who are rather difficult to finish. Hendo not only couldn't finish Shields, but also lost to him, but let's get on a one-eyed GSP for not finishing him. Diaz lost to Condit, but let's get on GSP because he didn't finish Condit.

Quote:
- I understand he is being smart...but at some point it's a timed sport now....and the main priority should be trying to end the fight....

Should Leonard Garcia win every fight that goes to a decision just because he throws a bunch of wildass haymakers that could potentially end the fight if they landed squarely?

Quote:
that's why I said GSP is better at scoring points....Nick is a better fighter.

How is Nick a better fighter? You didn't say why. Why is fighting intelligently a bad thing to you? What, you think every fighter should fight the way you want them to fight? It doesn't work that way. You're basically saying: "I don't like how GSP fights therefor Nick is a better fighter." You don't base how good a fighter is by how much he entertains you. If you want to say Nick is a more entertaining fighter, then fine, you won't hear an argument from me.

Quote:
In a Pride rules event GSP would not have won fighting the way he does.

WTF? GSP dominates the hell out of his opponents. How in the flying jumpkick fuck would his opponents win under Japanese rules? You think there haven't been any kind of wrestlers/grapplers to win over in Japan? That's funny, I can watch someone like Kawajiri do less than what GSP does and win easy. What is with Diaz fans....
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #3220
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

It's GSP's opponent's job to not get taken down and dominated, this is like blaming the KO artist for knocking people the **** out.

Not GSP's fault no one else is as good as him or has his endurance, cardio, wrestling skill, submission defense, striking accuracy. If you are the challenger, it's on you to execute your gameplan and beat your opponent in any way possible, there is a reason why some are champions and others are in the middle. Jon Jones has similar approach as GSP, but he elbows people to death instead of just using wrestling only.

GSP/Diaz will look exactly like Bendo/Diaz. The bros can't handle leg kicks and are too one dimensional both mentally and physically. They only know one way to win, at the highest level that won't work.

Last edited by Graviton : 03-11-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #3221
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
It's GSP's opponent's job to not get taken down and dominated, this is like blaming the KO artist for knocking people the **** out.

Not GSP's fault no one else is as good as him or has his endurance, cardio, wrestling skill, submission defense, striking accuracy. If you are the challenger, it's on you to execute your gameplan and beat your opponent in any way possible, there is a reason why some are champions and others are in the middle. Jon Jones has similar approach as GSP, but he elbows people to death instead of just using wrestling only.

No one saying its GSP fault, I been saying the whole time how MMA is judged is the problem hell if I had all of GSP's skills/athletic ability I would do the same thing.

Its a bit frustrating in MMA (not regarding GSP specificlly) when a guy gets taken down goes for submissions, does more damage of his back and still losses cause he has a guy just holding him while hes trying to fight while all the guy on top is doing is throwing weak ass punches just to pretend to keep busy and rest.

I have no problem when the guy on top is trying to advance position to set a up a sub and is raining down/trying to damage a fighter. MMA scoring allows fighters to fight safe while not really fighting at all, thats the problem GSP at times and there have been a few times where he has been guilty of this.

I also don't think this will be as bad as Benson/Nate since Benson is a far more aggresive fighter than GSP is and looks to finish far more than GSP, plus Nick is a far better overall fighter than Nate.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #3222
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

they should just do ot pride style with yellow cards where you get fined or get put in the standup position if the ref deems no advancement in position or little ground actions, I agree gsp is not to blame, ive seen worse lay and pray people like fitch and recently that fight of schaub and lavar
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #3223
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Did Nick cut himself? No, he got cut from punches. Noons even dropped him in the fight. Nick kept shooting for takedowns and did that butt scooting shit on the ground. It kind of looked like he really wanted the fight to go to the ground.

Yes, but he did not get his ### whooped and he did not quit,....he infact begged to keep fighting and would have most likely won.

Some of the guys you listed are pretty much LWs (though, I still give him plenty of praise for Gomi). Neer even lost to Nick's brother. Cyborg is - highly inconsistent, and just not that good. Daley is alright, but has trouble making weight and fighting intelligently.

Like BJ penn?..who should be at 155lbs...

Hardy had a 7-fight win streak at the time, or if you don't count the DQ loss, then he was on a 12-fight win streak. He didn't look bad at the time. If I'm naming GSP's good wins, then no, I probably wouldn't list Hardy, but I sure as hell wouldn't list guys like Neer, Tibau, or Cyborg either.

- Daley was 9 - 1 in his last 10 fights...when he fought Diaz

- Tibau was 14 - 2 when he fought Diaz

- Zaromkis was 10 - 1 when he fought Diaz

- Lawler was 8 -1 before he fought Diaz

what are GSP's good wins via finish?

BJ penn? and Matt hughes?

5 fights. 2 of which he got injured during, but still kept on dominating anyways. 1 where many guys would have tapped. Another where he put the other guy out of action for 9 months. The other was Condit (who beat Nick) and also, Condit hasn't been finished in nearly 7 years. Those guys aren't easy to finish. Shields has only been finished once in the past about 12 years. Kos has only been finished 3 times in his career and you could argue the 2 most recent ones were early stoppages. Hardy went about 5 and a half years without getting finished when he faced GSP. Oh, but let's get on GSP because he didn't finished guys who are rather difficult to finish. Hendo not only couldn't finish Shields, but also lost to him, but let's get on a one-eyed GSP for not finishing him. Diaz lost to Condit, but let's get on GSP because he didn't finish Condit.

- Diaz lost to Condit see that's the problem....you think scoring more points = winning a fight/bieng a better fighter.

- That fight was horrible....Condit circled away the whole fight, again ( I understand......he doesn't want to take damage....... but it is a timed sport now. At some point the sport needs to view Finishing/pressure to finish as more important or the primary goal.

or else why even put any pressuer at all?...just circle and jab and never look to engage( never take damage....score more points)

- I'm not degrading GSP for not finishing great fighters.....he doesn't even fight with the urgency to Finsish. Henderson at least tried to put away Shields....

Should Leonard Garcia win every fight that goes to a decision just because he throws a bunch of wildass haymakers that could potentially end the fight if they landed squarely?

- He should if he is competing in a timed sport...and his opponent is circling away teh whole fight throwing jabs.

How is Nick a better fighter? You didn't say why. Why is fighting intelligently a bad thing to you? What, you think every fighter should fight the way you want them to fight? It doesn't work that way. You're basically saying: "I don't like how GSP fights therefor Nick is a better fighter." You don't base how good a fighter is by how much he entertains you. If you want to say Nick is a more entertaining fighter, then fine, you won't hear an argument from me.

He is more skilled at rendering his opponent to Quit/submit/ or be TKO'ed. while fighting top shelf fighters.

WTF? GSP dominates the hell out of his opponents. How in the flying jumpkick fuck would his opponents win under Japanese rules? You think there haven't been any kind of wrestlers/grapplers to win over in Japan? That's funny, I can watch someone like Kawajiri do less than what GSP does and win easy. What is with Diaz fans....

Glad you brought up Kawajiri, when he is allowed to keep position he dominates, when he gets carded and is forced to engaged he gets merked..

Look at when he fought Melendez the first time....

Would GSP be a great Fighter in pride?...absolutley, would he have more losses due to bieng forced to engage?....absolutley.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 03-11-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #3224
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
- Daley was 9 - 1 in his last 10 fights...when he fought Diaz

Look at who he fought. Outside of 2 guys, he wasn't facing quality opponents and his win over Masvidal was questionable.

Quote:
- Tibau was 14 - 2 when he fought Diaz

A vast majority of his opponents were no-named Brazilians back then.

Quote:
- Zaromkis was 10 - 1 when he fought Diaz

Ugh, I had to roll my eyes at how overrated and overhyped Zaromskis was back then. People loved him because of those KOs and how he would try some crazy shit during his fights, but it wasn't against very good competition.

Quote:
- Lawler was 8 -1 before he fought Diaz

I give Diaz much credit for being the only one to ever KO him, but that was long ago.

Quote:
what are GSP's good wins via finish?

BJ penn? and Matt hughes?

I'll never understand why some people are so hung up on finishes. Yes, he finished 2 legends (1 he finished twice) and also Trigg was ranked #4 back then and Sherk was #5.

Quote:
- Diaz lost to Condit see that's the problem....you think scoring more points = winning a fight/bieng a better fighter.

Condit was the better fighter. Nick failed to adapt his game plan when it wasn't working. That's Nick's fault. You think Condit should have just stayed trapped in the corner and let Nick tee off on him? No, he got his ass out of bad situations because he's not retarded like Nick is. There's more to fighting than just throwing a volume of punches.

Quote:
- That fight was horrible....Condit circled away the whole fight, again ( I understand......he doesn't want to take damage....... but it is a timed sport now. At some point the sport needs to view Finishing/pressure to finish as more important or the primary goal.

Why in the hell should someone like Leonard Garcia be rewarded for throwing a shit load of sloppy haymakers all fight while he's getting picked apart by his opponents? If you're avoiding damage while dishing it out, then why should you lose for that? What, damage conveniently isn't important to you when the guy you like is on the wrong side of it? Imposing your will on your opponent isn't very important either? If GSP is dominating his opponent all fight long, then how in the hell is his opponent closer to finishing the fight?

Quote:
or else why even put any pressuer at all?...just circle and jab and never look to engage( never take damage....score more points)

Those points tend to come as damage. If someone is doing nothing but jabbing and circling, then what does it say about his opponent who can't seem to stop that? Jabbing and circling is very, very far from a foolproof plan. If you can't do anything against a one-dimensional attack like that, then it's your fault.

Quote:
- I'm not degrading GSP for not finishing great fighters.....he doesn't even fight with the urgency to Finsish. Henderson at least tried to put away Shields....

So, did GSP. He threw big punches, but none of them connected cleanly. And again, he had one eye for half the fight.

Quote:
He is more skilled at rendering his opponent to Quit/submit/ or be TKO'ed. while fighting top shelf fighters.

LMFAO. Great joke there! Hell, we could look at common opponents:

Penn: GSP beat him twice and made him quit once; Diaz won
Condit: GSP won; Diaz lost
Sherk: GSP finished him; Diaz lost
Parisyan: GSP won; Diaz lost
Mayhem: GSP won; Diaz ducked him
Hieron: GSP finished him; Diaz ducked him

Quote:
Glad you brought up Kawajiri, when he is allowed to keep position he dominates, when he gets carded and is forced to engaged he gets merked..

Look at when he fought Melendez the first time....

Melendez is a better fighter. Against lesser opponents, Kawajiri will wrestle**** his opponents.

Quote:
Would GSP be a great Fighter in pride?...absolutley, would he have more losses due to bieng forced to engage?....absolutley.

You say that as if it actually meant something. GSP does engage. He imposes his will on his opponents and dominates them.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #3225
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Ground. And. Pound.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: