Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #3316
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

GSP don't ever fight Anderson. He can beat Hendricks though...by keeping it on the feet, I'm serious lol.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #3317
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
HEY, BRO... HOW ABOUT YOU GO F-CK YOURSELF?

honestly... how much of an idiot are you going to insist on being across this entire thread?

nick gave a hell of a fight. period.

Idiot, because I made an observation that many others did, as well? Guess I shouldn't expect anything less than your insecurities. Pacing back and forth with his hands down not looking to do anything while he's losing the fight? Great plan to try and win. Half the fight was standing, but where was the aggression? Where was go for broke? He showed aggression in the last half of the 3rd round, but where was that in the 4th and 5th? Nick Diaz himself said he was flat. His words, Beavis.

I like how Nick starts off with saying 'I'm not trying to make excuses' and then makes a million excuses. LOL, he says GSP punches like a girl. The guy known for pitter patter punches is talking shit about GSP's punches. Nice to hear Nick ramble like an idiot (kind of like gigantes).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #3318
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
I'm very disappointed in Diaz, looks like his heart wasn't even in it, and he just wanted to cash out one last big payday and call it a career. Retiring again, and he and GSP acting like best buds at the end further confirms my suspicions. He had some ample opportunities to initiate offense and he didn't do anything. Maybe he gassed?

Careful, gigantes is going to call you an idiot.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #3319
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

diaz says he wont fight anyone but GSP in a rematch
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #3320
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Idiot, because I made an observation that many others did, as well? Guess I shouldn't expect anything less than your insecurities. Pacing back and forth with his hands down not looking to do anything while he's losing the fight? Great plan to try and win. Half the fight was standing, but where was the aggression? Where was go for broke? He showed aggression in the last half of the 3rd round, but where was that in the 4th and 5th? Nick Diaz himself said he was flat. His words, Beavis.

I like how Nick starts off with saying 'I'm not trying to make excuses' and then makes a million excuses. LOL, he says GSP punches like a girl. The guy known for pitter patter punches is talking shit about GSP's punches. Nice to hear Nick ramble like an idiot (kind of like gigantes).
meh... i deserved something back on that one, so it's all good.

i still love the diaz boys, though... they bring a whole different dimension to pro-fighting, no? c'mon, jackass... even YOU can recognise something good for something good, no?

hey, what do you think if greg jackson handled nick and nate instead of dumbass cesar? ...anything good out of that equation?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #3321
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

watching the post press live conference
haha damn, gsp face looks so busted again

i think its just the way his face/skin handles damage

guy always looks so beat up. you'll see the pictures
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #3322
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Diaz put up a better fight than I thought, some good td stuffs but as predicted GSP wins.. not very impressed though. Condit and Hendricks was awesome, wish it was 5 rounds
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #3323
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Condit beat Hendricks the last 2 rounds.....

- this is what pisses me off....takedowns should not count as anything.....

- damage from top or bottom is what matters....Condit did more off his back...then Hendricks just getting a take down.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #3324
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Condit beat Hendricks the last 2 rounds.....

- this is what pisses me off....takedowns should not count as anything.....

- damage from top or bottom is what matters....Condit did more off his back...then Hendricks just getting a take down.

Agreed 100%.

Condit won the fight IMO. He pushed the pace, was the more effective striker, and was much more effective/did more damage on the ground off his back than Hendricks did from top.

Hendricks repeatedly took Condit down but whats the point if you get outstruck and outworked when you do take it to the mat?

Takedowns/wrestling are rewarded far too highly in the UFC. It should be about control + damage + effective striking/going for the finish. Meaningless takedowns should mean nothing.

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 03-17-2013 at 01:18 AM.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #3325
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
meh... i deserved something back on that one, so it's all good.

Just wondering why you always got to be so hostile. I don't have anything against you. Probably just on the opposite side of fighters we like.

Quote:
i still love the diaz boys, though... they bring a whole different dimension to pro-fighting, no? c'mon, jackass... even YOU can recognise something good for something good, no?

I said I prefer him as the bad guy. I like when there's bad guys and good guys to root against and for. Nick was great in his role as a bad guy, but mother****er talking like he wants to be a good guy? Who would we be left with as a bad guy? Bisping? Kos? If you've seen Sonnen on TUF and/or as an analyst for Fuel TV, then you can see he isn't a bad guy at all. I like watching Diaz fight (he's been a rather entertaining fighter) and when he talks (similar to Tito in that they'll say something stupid and/or off-the-wall). I'm more put off by the Diaz fans than Diaz himself. Effing Sherdog...

Quote:
hey, what do you think if greg jackson handled nick and nate instead of dumbass cesar? ...anything good out of that equation?

They probably wouldn't be nearly as entertaining, but would probably win more often, do better against wrestlers and have much better game plans.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #3326
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Nick Diaz was spitting truth in the pre and post fight conferences. UFC rules definitely caters to wrestlers and shame on UFC for propagating this BS morality tales and love for violence in order to make a quick buck.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #3327
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

seems like GSP might had some funny margarito thing going on with his glove according to Shields Tweet

shady shit north of the border?

that was the best post fight conference ever, Diaz calling out Hendricks and GSP for being phonies. Watching a Diaz press conference is 10 times more entertaining than any GSP fights. Keep throwing those elbows and LnPing till you lose all your fans Georges
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #3328
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Just wondering why you always got to be so hostile. I don't have anything against you...
well, i like you in general, but you do have a talent for pissing people off needlessly.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #3329
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GSP seems like a nice guy but man there's no one else I'd rather see get beat in humiliating fashion.

Anderson please make this happen.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #3330
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
seems like GSP might had some funny margarito thing going on with his glove according to Shields Tweet

shady shit north of the border?

Dana explained the wraps thing. Shields watched them wrap GSP, told the commission it was cool and left. Later, Diaz's camp sent someone else to go check out GSP's wraps, but the commission said that Shields already told them it was fine and that GSP already had the gloves on, so that it was done and over with. Then, Dana said both guys had their wraps cut after the fight and sent off to the commission. Seems like it was another mindgame that they were trying to play with GSP.

Quote:
that was the best post fight conference ever, Diaz calling out Hendricks and GSP for being phonies. Watching a Diaz press conference is 10 times more entertaining than any GSP fights. Keep throwing those elbows and LnPing till you lose all your fans Georges

You seem to be out in fantasyland like Nick. But yeah, he is a funny mf'er (half of it is because he doesn't seem to have much basis in reality). Where did he call either of them phonies, though?

Diaz said he never paid taxes and might be going to jail. Real smart thing to say. He said he doesn't want to make excuses, then makes a million excuses. He said he didn't have anyone there to tell him when to go to sleep and when to wake up, and a bunch of other funny/nonsensical shit. I'd recommend for people to watch it, even if you skip the first 40 minutes of it (I think Nick showed up somewhere around the 42:00 mark).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: