Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #3391
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

lol... i just wanted to give you an opportunity to rant and rave a little bit more, lakersgold.

consider it bonus time just for you. :-)
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #3392
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
JDs will be better, wiser & everything ... But Cain's wrestling will still get the best of him. It'll be somewhat the same story like the 2nd fight ... but less swelling & blood this time. lol I just don't really see JDS gettin' past Cain's takedowns.

& if I were to choose between a great striker & a great wrestler. I'd pick the wrestler, just cuz taking someone down has more percentage than a striker tryna find that 1 shot or a striker tryna land punches knocking a guy out. Alistair Vs. Lesnar is a bad example, but Brock only tried to take him down once & Alistair just went to pick him apart mins. after. (Already saying it now, incase someone brings that up.) But we're talking about Cain Velasquez & JDS here, & GOD KNOWS WHAT CAIN CAN DO ON THE GROUND.

Yep..I don't think JDS can change anything to beat Cain. Cain's wrestling and stamina are just too good.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #3393
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #3394
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
Yep..I don't think JDS can change anything to beat Cain. Cain's wrestling and stamina are just too good.

It's MMA so I mean there's always a chance of a flash knockout (ala JDS/Cain I), but in genuinely don't think any HW in UFC (or the world for that matter) can actually defeat Cain. Looking up and down the HW roster, aside from JDS I can't even see someone who I think would give Cain a very tough fight.

I think it's safe to officially add him into the category of Silva and Jones, where there's really nobody out there that's a legit 5-round threat to them (again this is barring a flash KO). They're apex champs.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #3395
millwad
Banned

The swedish UFC fighter, Reza "Bad Mom" Madadi just got arrested for a smash and grab and a car chase. If convicted he'll get some serious jail time.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #3396
jaydacris
Banned

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #3397
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Am I the only one not looking forward to Cain/JDS III? This will make Cain's last 5 fights:

JDS
Bigfoot
JDS
Bigfoot
JDS

Lovely variety there, UFC. I don't know why they gave JDS the title shot so damn quickly especially when he just got dominated for 5 ****ing rounds against Cain. Save that fight for down the road. I would have at least waited 'til to see if Werdum beat Big Nog. I just hope they don't give Roy Nelson a title shot if he beats Miocic.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #3398
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Honestly I wanna see JDS fight Overeem before he gets another title shot. They can't keep doing these "lose title fight, win one fight, get title fight" deals like this. Personally I'm not into JDS/Cain again either. The fights I wanna see:

Hunt vs. Nelson
JDS vs. Overeem

As for Cain, there's really no interesting matchup I'd wanna see besides Cormier or Jones, and neither of those are happening this year.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #3399
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

apparently cain already knocked out cormier in practice, so that's prolly the closest we'll ever get to settling that.

anyway, if werdum beats big nog i imagine they'll give him the shot. he's already a top-5 guy and he's a very interesting matchup for cain. as big as bigfoot, not as powerful, but much better in boxing, BJJ, muay thai and all-around speed and versatility. he'd be a dangerous threat IMO.

nelson doesn't deserve it yet, but he'd be a pretty interesting matchup as well.

um... um... maybe former HW champ conan silveira? he even looks like cain a little bit, or used to in the mid-90's. :P
Old 05-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #3400
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
lol... i just wanted to give you an opportunity to rant and rave a little bit more, lakersgold.

consider it bonus time just for you. :-)

Nate Diaz do have a nice ass ... it was better live!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #3401
jaydacris
Banned

cat zingano has to pull out of ultimate fighter due to injury

she is replaced by miesha tate... im sure the UFC isnt complaining :p
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #3402
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
cat zingano has to pull out of ultimate fighter due to injury

she is replaced by miesha tate... im sure the UFC isnt complaining :p

WOW no disrespect to Cat but this is honestly great for UFC. Season just got 500 times more entertaining. Especially if Cupcake's boyfriend comes to visit

From Yahoo:

Quote:
LAS VEGAS – Filming began Tuesday for Season 18 of the UFC's reality series, "The Ultimate Fighter," with a gigantic and unexpected switch.

Unbeaten Cat Zingano, who was slated to coach opposite women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, injured a knee and was replaced as coach by long-time Rousey rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey did not know that Zingano was injured – UFC president Dana White said it had been a tightly kept company secret since Zingano injured her right knee during a May 16 workout – or that Tate had been brought in to replace her, until the opening scenes of the show were filmed on Tuesday.

When Tate came out, Rousey was clearly stunned and she stormed out of the UFC training center, searching for White. She later said she was angry because she thought Tate was replacing her.
Rousey, though, was pleased with the change.

"This is what we really wanted all along," Rousey told Yahoo! Sports. "Everyone said an Ultimate Fighter between me and Miesha would be the best. We have a personal history with each other and this is a personal show. For some reason, me and Miesha are intertwined in fate like Ali and Frazier or something like that.

"I think people will look back at this as one of the monumental rivalries and look back at this as one of those things that really cemented women's MMA."

Tate was disappointed that it took an injury to Zingano for her to get the spot on the show, but she said she felt it was fate. She said she felt she was winning the fight with Zingano when referee Kim Winslow stopped it.

But Tate was thrilled to not only get the gig and the title shot, but to see Rousey get visibly angry when she appeared.

"It was rewarding to see that," she said. "I was like, 'Yay! This is getting good.' I watched her go to her corner and her corner was up in arms. I was just sitting there in the doorway thinking, 'This is awesome.'

Last edited by B-Low : 05-28-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #3403
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

after the scumbag move tate's BF caraway pulled on zingano just before their fight, i will have to pull for rousey this time. rousey runs her stupid mouth to high heaven but she wouldn't do something dirty like that.

should be good TV! =)
Old 05-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #3404
jaydacris
Banned

UFC is going DOWN!

http://www.nickdiazpromotions.com

Quote:
Press Release: Nick Diaz presents WAR MMA

THE STOCKTON ARENA HOSTS NICK DIAZ’S MMA PROMOTION WAR
Saturday, June 22nd 5pm
www.Stocktonlive.com
www.NickDiazPromotions.com

Stockton, CA: Stockton native and UFC headliner Nick Diaz will launch his new promotion, WAR, on Saturday, June 22nd at 5pm at the Stockton Arena. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, May 29th at 10am.

The card will be headlined by UFC veteran Daniel Roberts (13-4), facing off against Justin Baesman (12-4), The fight will be co-headlined by UFC and WEC vet Antonio Banuelos against and comer Benny Vinson. The fight card will also feature Caleb Mitchell (4-3) vs. Evan Esguerra, (7-5), Roy Boughton vs. Liron Wilson, Mike Persons vs. Clayton “Money Shot” McKinney, and Darin Cooley vs. Cody Gibson. More bouts will be announced in the upcoming days. (Card subject to change.)

Nick Diaz, a former WEC and Strikeforce welterweight (170 lbs) champion, has headlined three UFC PPV cards (UFC 137, UFC 143, and UFC 158) since his return to the organization in 2011. He has previously fought in Pride and Elite XC (including a fight at the Stockton Arena) amongst other MMA promotions. This experience with multiple organizations gave Nick an interest to start his own promotion.

Bouts in WAR will be fought under the Unified Rules of MMA, modified to use a ring instead of a cage and disallowing elbow strikes to a grounded opponent. These rules are in place to encourage grapplers to advance their position instead of stalling. Regular matches will be three, five minute rounds, and future championship matches will five, five minute rounds.

For ticket and other information, please visit www.Stocktonlive.com and www.NickDiazPromotions.com. Fighters interested in competing in upcoming WAR events are encouraged to submit their contact information at www.NickDiazPromotions.com.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #3405
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

**** ya 20 minute drive to stockton arena and probably cheap tickets
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: