Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #3496
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
3 rounds what the ****
Yeah I totally forgot that this was only 3. I guess it's because they didn't find out until a few weeks ago that this was going to be the main event. No way could Hendo last 5 rounds and win, IMO.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #3497
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

So who won round 2? Because that decides the fight. I think I'd learn towards Rashad.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #3498
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Rashad got this.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #3499
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Stats say it is a close fight. But I think Rashad wins.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #3500
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Yeah, Rashad wins by 1-point split decision.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #3501
plowking
Kevin Hart

Rashad deserved it. Clear winner to me.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #3502
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Great win for Miocic. He's actually a really great guy, I've met him a few times. He's a firefighter in the town I work in
firefighter / EMT, right? anyway, cool. i only know his buddy who trains / trained with him in wrestling... never met stipe myself.

i'm sure he wishes he had that struve fight back. he was in control of that... had stefan hurt and in his standard ineffectual defensive mode, but then laid off. they should have trained him better, because that's was exactly the spot you want struve to be in.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #3503
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Rashad deserved it. Clear winner to me.
he deserved it, but i sure as hell don't want to see him fight jones again. he's shown regression, if anything.

IMO dude should have been picking hendo apart at range with lead-leg kicks and jabs. instead he spent huge amounts of energy bouncing around, trying for combinations, and trying to out wrestle him. he had all kinds of advantages over hendo and yet only managed to squeak it out.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #3504
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Lackluster event, but it's the 1st event I haven't ordered for myself in a while, so I can't complain since it was free.

The undercard was alright, but I didn't like the early judging (too biased in favor of Canadians). The Woodley/Shields fight sucked, but that's what I expected. It was kind of interesting to see a guy win while throwing pillow strikes for 3 rounds, though.

I don't mind Pat Barry, but I think he should have been cut a while ago and that fight should show he doesn't belong. Watching Nelson getting chumped for 3 round was great. I'm glad Miocic fought smart and took it to Nelson to get the win. Nelson has been overrated for such a long time, and I think Miocic is a nice up-and-comer. Evans/Hendo went as expected. Not much to comment about there.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #3505
Bosnian Sajo
we finish or we done?

Stipe Miocic made Roy Nelson his BITCH great fight
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #3506
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

from MMAjunkie:
Quote:
Nelson (19-8 MMA, 6-4 UFC) sees a three-fight win streak snapped but insists he wasn't seriously damaged from the assault.

"I'm just annoyed," Nelson said. "I'm fine. I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but he didn't hurt me. Sore and annoyed."
roy, roy, roy... this should have been a huge wakeup call for you and instead you're acting like a complete tool. i mean, you're 36 years old, you looked like a fat, drunken trucker out there last night, and you're saying THIS?

guess who's gonna be 500lbs, stuck in a wheelchair, suffering from dementia by the time they're in their mid-40's? they're gonna be feeding you baby food with a spoon, roy.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #3507
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
he deserved it, but i sure as hell don't want to see him fight jones again. he's shown regression, if anything.

IMO dude should have been picking hendo apart at range with lead-leg kicks and jabs. instead he spent huge amounts of energy bouncing around, trying for combinations, and trying to out wrestle him. he had all kinds of advantages over hendo and yet only managed to squeak it out.

his movement looked really good. there's few in MMA that can throw the type of combinations he can and then explode for a takedown attempt.

I would love to see Evans at 185. He is a undersized light heavyweight and I think him vs Evans is a intriguing fight.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #3508
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Anyone think TJ Grant can beat Henderson? I think he can but kind of want Bendo to win just so we can see Pettis vs Bendo with the belt on the line.

I heard Pettis is saying he could comeback from his injury and is asking the UFC to let him jump in front of Grant for the title shot. I believe Bendo/Grant is taking place in Pettis' hometown, Milwaukee.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #3509
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
his movement looked really good. there's few in MMA that can throw the type of combinations he can and then explode for a takedown attempt.
which plays in to my point, basically. rashad is arguably the most gifted / skilled dude at 205 behind jones, so why is he only fighting at par versus lil nog and hendo? somehow i think that if he'd stayed at jacksons instead of pouting his way over to the blackzilians, he'd be performing much better.

if you're naturally quicker than your opponents, i don't think you need to spend all that time bouncing, feinting and push-jabbing. i'd rather he pay strict attention to what the opponent is doing and then use his speed advantage to move when necessary. take a page from anderson silva's book.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #3510
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Am I the only one hyped up for this?

http://youtu.be/dC4Bbf63DO0

METAMORIS 3!! EDDIE BRAVO VS. ROYLER GRACIE! REMATCH! FINALLY! #10thplanetJJ
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: