Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #346
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGodzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

rampages haymakers were in such slow motion and so sloppy they looked like slo mo replays
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #347
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i don't think for a minute that rampage fought a poor fight, fought scared, or wasn't in good shape. moreso, it was a case of a very good fighter having all his attacks and advantages taken away until it appeared that he wasn't trying very hard. in short, it was an illusion, and we've seen that kind of thing before.

jones is absolutely amazing. despite his somewhat skinny build and long limbs, he's a wizard at avoiding damage. then, when it comes to offense, it seems like he has dozens of different ways to test you and find your weakness. fighting him has got to be complex and mentally exhausting.

Yeah, I agree with Rampage that this was one of the best, if not the best Rampage ever. Hopefully he continues this work for his future fights cause he can still put on a show here and there.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #348
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
That still doesn't mean he fought a good fight. He just stood there and was too gunshy to do anything.

Yeah he could have been more aggressive, sure it's hard though when you're getting hit from across the cage. Bones gonna make a lot of people look bad.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #349
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
There's aggression then there's stupidity. When you can dominate from a safe distance, no need to take risks. Rampage can put anyone to sleep with one punch.
You could sense a bit of intimidation in Jones when Rampage was throwing his wild punches.

To Rampage's credit, at least he didn't look like a punching bag the way Shogun did.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #350
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

MMA is full of tons of fat out of shape dudes. Everytime I watch I seem to come away with that thought
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #351
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered somewhat coolL.Kizzle is considered somewhat coolL.Kizzle is considered somewhat cool

I watched the main event.

Boxing is not in trouble. MMA/UFC is cool, but will not overtake boxing.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #352
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGodzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Yeah, I agree with Rampage that this was one of the best, if not the best Rampage ever. Hopefully he continues this work for his future fights cause he can still put on a show here and there.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #353
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

watched the whole thing. boxing is not in any trouble. nothing was even close to feeling of watching boxers go at it.

I don't even feel comfortable comparing this to other established sports.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #354
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

But it has already taken over...

Other than Mayweather and Pacquiao, who else does boxing have?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #355
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered somewhat coolL.Kizzle is considered somewhat coolL.Kizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
But it has already taken over...
It has ...
Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #356
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Quote:

honestly thats not indicative of a lot of other good MMA fights. altho MMA needs a influx of new entertaining fighters at HW imo. there are just so many recycled older fighters and they're just getting older.

all boxing has is Mayweather and Pac, and once they fight boxing's dead other than their loyalists.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #357
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
honestly thats not indicative of a lot of other good MMA fights. altho MMA needs a influx of new entertaining fighters at HW imo. there are just so many recycled older fighters and they're just getting older.

all boxing has is Mayweather and Pac, and once they fight boxing's dead other than their loyalists.
Currently, who are MMA's biggest draws?

Was this Rampage//Bones match considered a bit match??
Old 09-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #358
DMV2
NBA All-star

I have had a few friends/acquaintances/co-workers talking about UFC/MMA and even asked if I ever wanted to chip in for a PPV buy a few times.

Not once in the past 5+ years have I met anybody talking about boxing or wanting to buy its PPV events if it's not Mayweather or Pacman-related.

Boxing is probably more dead than the WWE.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #359
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Quote:
Currently, who are MMA's biggest draws?

Was this Rampage//Bones match considered a bit match??

yeah it was but i thought it was a huge letdown. just saying judging MMA fights by that is misrepresenting IMO.

top draws would probably be Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones vs any other big name fighters, especially against each other. i mean there are a lot of other big draws like Fedor still, even Brock altho he sux, and people like that but greatness would be the 3 i first mentioned and i'm probably forgetting 1 or 2 others....so many HW's are past their prime and verge of retiring without an influx of new greats that i've seen to take their place.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #360
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I have had a few friends/acquaintances/co-workers talking about UFC/MMA and even asked if I ever wanted to chip in for a PPV buy a few times.

Not once in the past 5+ years have I met anybody talking about boxing or wanting to buy its PPV events if it's not Mayweather or Pacman-related.

Boxing is probably more dead than the WWE.
Of the people I'm cool with, only two are MMA fans or ever bring MMA up. While boxing might not be as big as it once would, more discussion goes on between boxing than MMA. Other than this match, I can't remember the last time associates of mine talked about MMA. Afer an HBO contest, we always discus the following Monday at work.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: