Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #3706
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Rashad deserved it. Clear winner to me.
he deserved it, but i sure as hell don't want to see him fight jones again. he's shown regression, if anything.

IMO dude should have been picking hendo apart at range with lead-leg kicks and jabs. instead he spent huge amounts of energy bouncing around, trying for combinations, and trying to out wrestle him. he had all kinds of advantages over hendo and yet only managed to squeak it out.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #3707
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lackluster event, but it's the 1st event I haven't ordered for myself in a while, so I can't complain since it was free.

The undercard was alright, but I didn't like the early judging (too biased in favor of Canadians). The Woodley/Shields fight sucked, but that's what I expected. It was kind of interesting to see a guy win while throwing pillow strikes for 3 rounds, though.

I don't mind Pat Barry, but I think he should have been cut a while ago and that fight should show he doesn't belong. Watching Nelson getting chumped for 3 round was great. I'm glad Miocic fought smart and took it to Nelson to get the win. Nelson has been overrated for such a long time, and I think Miocic is a nice up-and-comer. Evans/Hendo went as expected. Not much to comment about there.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #3708
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stipe Miocic made Roy Nelson his BITCH great fight
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #3709
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

from MMAjunkie:
Quote:
Nelson (19-8 MMA, 6-4 UFC) sees a three-fight win streak snapped but insists he wasn't seriously damaged from the assault.

"I'm just annoyed," Nelson said. "I'm fine. I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but he didn't hurt me. Sore and annoyed."
roy, roy, roy... this should have been a huge wakeup call for you and instead you're acting like a complete tool. i mean, you're 36 years old, you looked like a fat, drunken trucker out there last night, and you're saying THIS?

guess who's gonna be 500lbs, stuck in a wheelchair, suffering from dementia by the time they're in their mid-40's? they're gonna be feeding you baby food with a spoon, roy.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #3710
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
he deserved it, but i sure as hell don't want to see him fight jones again. he's shown regression, if anything.

IMO dude should have been picking hendo apart at range with lead-leg kicks and jabs. instead he spent huge amounts of energy bouncing around, trying for combinations, and trying to out wrestle him. he had all kinds of advantages over hendo and yet only managed to squeak it out.

his movement looked really good. there's few in MMA that can throw the type of combinations he can and then explode for a takedown attempt.

I would love to see Evans at 185. He is a undersized light heavyweight and I think him vs Evans is a intriguing fight.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #3711
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Anyone think TJ Grant can beat Henderson? I think he can but kind of want Bendo to win just so we can see Pettis vs Bendo with the belt on the line.

I heard Pettis is saying he could comeback from his injury and is asking the UFC to let him jump in front of Grant for the title shot. I believe Bendo/Grant is taking place in Pettis' hometown, Milwaukee.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #3712
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
his movement looked really good. there's few in MMA that can throw the type of combinations he can and then explode for a takedown attempt.
which plays in to my point, basically. rashad is arguably the most gifted / skilled dude at 205 behind jones, so why is he only fighting at par versus lil nog and hendo? somehow i think that if he'd stayed at jacksons instead of pouting his way over to the blackzilians, he'd be performing much better.

if you're naturally quicker than your opponents, i don't think you need to spend all that time bouncing, feinting and push-jabbing. i'd rather he pay strict attention to what the opponent is doing and then use his speed advantage to move when necessary. take a page from anderson silva's book.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #3713
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Am I the only one hyped up for this?

http://youtu.be/dC4Bbf63DO0

METAMORIS 3!! EDDIE BRAVO VS. ROYLER GRACIE! REMATCH! FINALLY! #10thplanetJJ
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #3714
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
which plays in to my point, basically. rashad is arguably the most gifted / skilled dude at 205 behind jones, so why is he only fighting at par versus lil nog and hendo? somehow i think that if he'd stayed at jacksons instead of pouting his way over to the blackzilians, he'd be performing much better.

if you're naturally quicker than your opponents, i don't think you need to spend all that time bouncing, feinting and push-jabbing. i'd rather he pay strict attention to what the opponent is doing and then use his speed advantage to move when necessary. take a page from anderson silva's book.

I think he's too worried about getting caught. He probably thinks about that Machida KO loss a lot
Old 06-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #3715
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let's not forget that we're FANS here.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #3716
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Am I the only one hyped up for this?

http://youtu.be/dC4Bbf63DO0

METAMORIS 3!! EDDIE BRAVO VS. ROYLER GRACIE! REMATCH! FINALLY! #10thplanetJJ
isnt royler like 50 plus already? would hve been great a couple of yrs ago
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #3717
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chael Sonnen talks about his Lebron encounter

Quote:
One week ago, UFC light heavyweight Chael Sonnen appeared on The Jim Rome Show on the cable network Showtime.

During the show, Sonnen gave his candid opinions on Miami Heat superstar and four-time MVP LeBron James.

I think LeBron's a dork. He won one world championship, and that was in the Olympic Games. It's so aggravating to hear a title be called a 'world champion' when it's only done in America. It's not a global event where the whole world can participate. You didn't win a world title. You won a national title.

To me, the shot at James came out of nowhere. I'd never heard Sonnen mention LeBron's name anywhere; why was he starting now? Was Chael being Chael, or was there something more to the story?

I had to know, and so I connected with Sonnen on Tuesday evening while James was helping guide the Heat to a 103-100 win over the San Antonio Spurs in a thrilling NBA Finals Game 6. What follows is a transcript of our very candid interview.

Bleacher Report: What prompted you to call LeBron James a dork on the Jim Rome show? Is there any sort of history between the two of you?

Chael Sonnen: His name being brought up prompted it. He makes Urkel look cool. I would have liked to call him a ****, but they changed subjects.

Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight against Anderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He’s a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn.

And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there’s a Tic Tac in her blouse or if she was just happy to see him.

I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.

I'd like to slap the divots right off his face.

B/R: You versus LeBron James at UFC 200. Who wins the fight, and how?

CS: He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.

B/R: Will we see you challenge LeBron to a fight any time soon?

CS: No challenge. It's happening. Next time I see him he will shake that little boy's hand, even if I have to break his arm off and take it to the boy.

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #3718
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

"CS: He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West."

BTW here is his fiancee...

Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #3719
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
"CS: He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West."

BTW here is his fiancee...

Chael would be better suited for the WWE since he seems more adept at talking then fighting.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #3720
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
Chael would be better suited for the WWE since he seems more adept at talking then fighting.

Which is impressive because he's a great fighter
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: