Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #3841
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

All respect to Weidman, even though Anderson was disrespecting him by not touching gloves, mocking him and clowning around he still gave Anderson respect after the fight and said that he some what idolized him.

I'm sad though, I really didn't want to see Anderson give away his belt like this..

The knockout was so stupid, he put himself in the worst kind of position when he took down his hands and leaned back..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #3842
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
All respect to Weidman, even though Anderson was disrespecting him by not touching gloves, mocking him and clowning around he still gave Anderson respect after the fight and said that he some what idolized him.

I'm sad though, I really didn't want to see Anderson give away his belt like this..

The knockout was so stupid, he put himself in the worst kind of position when he took down his hands and leaned back..

the single most frustrating thing about silva. he had to know weidman was the biggest threat to his belt since at least sonnen, if not more so. let's not forget sonnen was filled to the gills with testosterone in that first fight.

gotta agree w/ gigantes...you would just never see bones jones put his hands down and just lean back like that, even if he felt his opponent was far inferior.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 07-07-2013 at 01:20 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #3843
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
the single most frustrating thing about silva. he had to know weidman was the biggest threat to his belt since at least sonnen, if not more so. let's not forget sonnen was filled to the gills with testosterone in that first fight.

gotta agree w/ gigantes...you would just never see bones jones put his hands down and just lean back like that, even if he felt his opponent was far inferior.

Same with GSP, Cain, Bendo...honestly I can't imagine any of the other champs clowning like that.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #3844
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

****ing Silva, he deserved it, hes a great fighter, I had him winning this fight, but he was showing the same disrespect he did against Maia, talking shit, calling him a playboy (which means something along the lines of bitch)

Its about time he got KTFO for pulling this shit off, now hes going to be shooped to hell and has an embarrassing loss cemented into his legacy.
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #3845
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man i was going to pick up mma and my favorite fighter loses...
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #3846
Bobcats2013
Warriors NBA Champs 15

Bobcats2013 has decent reputationBobcats2013 has decent reputation

First it was Manny getting KTFO being too aggressive

then it was Anderson getting KTFO being too cocky

Is Floyd next? I believe so. What a crazy year for combat sports. I jumped up in disbelief.
Bobcats2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #3847
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

I'm brazilian, supported Silva, but he deserved every bit of that wooping. You re losing the fight and still clowning? WTF. He though he was invincible and paid for that. Like Al Pacino (as the Devil) says in "Devil's advocate": Vanity: my favourite sin.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #3848
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
man i was going to pick up mma and my favorite fighter loses...

Trust me there's plenty of others to follow. When I first got into it bigtime, Brock F'n Lesnar and Rampage were my two favorites by far til I gradually realized one was an ass and one was a stubborn crybaby. Over time I found new favorites and now I love the sport more than ever.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #3849
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
This is why I respect Jon Jones, he approaches his fights so seriously and studies his opponent extensively. You get a real sense that he wants to be the greatest ever. He would never disrespect his opponent like that, instead he would pick them apart and give the fans what they came to see. A dominant display of mixed martial arts while showcasing elite wrestling, striking and great jiu jutsu.
agreed agreed agreed.

the casual fan may feel like 'whatever dude i enjoyed it so don't rag on anderson yo', but GSP, fedor, jones and the other greats fight first and foremost to win... as both entertainment and science.

even when fedor wasn't fighting technically in his three losses, he wasn't out to take people's money.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #3850
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Holy shit this thread predicted it all...

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...oster-1429135/

GSP is next to lose his belt!
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #3851
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
First it was Manny getting KTFO being too aggressive

then it was Anderson getting KTFO being too cocky

Is Floyd next? I believe so. What a crazy year for combat sports. I jumped up in disbelief.

Anderson showboats too much and manny doesnt have a great defense. hes been knocked down and knocked out before. Mayweather is one of the smartest boxers out there and has alot of experience. If he loses its because age will have caught up with him and not because he didnt care or made a stupid mistake
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #3852
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

WTF?

a loose jab...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:32 AM   #3853
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Trust me there's plenty of others to follow. When I first got into it bigtime, Brock F'n Lesnar and Rampage were my two favorites by far til I gradually realized one was an ass and one was a stubborn crybaby. Over time I found new favorites and now I love the sport more than ever.
Where do i like... start?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #3854
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Silva was joking around at first and playing possum and it didn't set in until Herb waived it off and then I was stunned. Silva's extreme cockiness and arrogance finally caught up to him and I'm kind of glad. I've always wanted to see a fighter get KO'd when they were showboating (though I was kind of hoping it would be someone like Nick Diaz), and that might make Weidman one of my fav fighters. That was probably the craziest KOs I've ever seen. Anderson got knocked silly while acting silly. I hope there's some good shots of his face.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #3855
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The End of an Era. Nice win by Weidman.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: